Duke4.net Forums: upvote & downvote - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

upvote & downvote

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I personally think this option should be removed. What is this facebook ? no it's worse it has a downvote :S . Don't get me confused now I love this site, but I think anyone on this site should be able to speak there minds free willingly without the worry of those people who just downvote because they feel like it. Some of us have people who just hate us for no reason and would go as far as creating an account here and downvote simply because they are jealous. We are already short on dedicated fans of the Duke, for that reason i upvote everyone and everything even if it goes against what i'm saying any reply regarding Duke is good. Why did my "Duke Nukem" thread get locked ? i only posted what was on my mind (yes i was very very drunk).

What do you want? some new news for Duke ? let's face it, right now there isn't any available that can be 100% confirmed. Can't we all just get along ? Please i'm not asking for an argue session i am only saying.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Expect to get a ton of downvotes for this thread.

User is offline   Lunick 

I was expecting a Duke game called Upvote & Downvote :D

• Turok Nukem

View PostLunick, on 08 January 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

I was expecting a Duke game called Upvote & Downvote :D

I would buy it ;)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Sometimes I don't like the rep system because new members seem to rack a ton of negatives with their first posts. That, and even when they start to make better posts, their reputation is so much lower compared to everyone else that they might feel discouraged, like they aren't part of the community.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I agree. We should also implement Leftvote and Rightvote to be politically correct.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

We should give everyone who joins this forum and is at least semi-tolerable a 99999 rep count, and give the few clowns like Blue Lightning -99999 just for the lulz.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDuke64Nukem, on 08 January 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

I personally think this option should be removed. What is this facebook ? no it's worse it has a downvote :S . Don't get me confused now I love this site, but I think anyone on this site should be able to speak there minds free willingly without the worry of those people who just downvote because they feel like it. Some of us have people who just hate us for no reason and would go as far as creating an account here and downvote simply because they are jealous. We are already short on dedicated fans of the Duke, for that reason i upvote everyone and everything even if it goes against what i'm saying any reply regarding Duke is good. Why did my "Duke Nukem" thread get locked ? i only posted what was on my mind (yes i was very very drunk).

What do you want? some new news for Duke ? let's face it, right now there isn't any available that can be 100% confirmed. Can't we all just get along ? Please i'm not asking for an argue session i am only saying.

People don't usually give downvotes to posts that go against their own beliefs or whatever, but rather to utterly stupid comments or actions. E.g posting a thread in the wrong section Posted Image

However nobody takes the rep system seriously, and nobody should, because it really is meaningless. The admin on this site gave himself a rep of -10000 to prove this point. Besides, the type of people who get worked up about a little number next to their posts probably shouldn't be on an internet forum anyway.

Having said that, I have one of the biggest reps on the forum. Sucked in b*tches!!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by Plain Simple Garek: 08 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

User is offline   Fox 

I think Element has a point, it might discourage new users, which Duke4.net is already hostile enough.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I personally think this option should be removed. <snip>

Here you go... 374 posts in this thread about this matter. It is more thought out than you might think. It will most likely expand your view of how the feedback system is used and why. I enjoyed learning how limited most people are on imagining how others might use it different from themselves from the linked thread. It's like the concept that their isn't a universal right and wrong, or some sort of "rules" of how to use the Feedback System is supposed to work totally eludes the majority. In the end, there is no spoon, uh, I mean right way vs wrong way or deciding how to use it... What I learned from observation, is that it was quite useful and predictable... meaning (metaphorically speaking) it isn't the Game Reviewers like or dislike of the reviewed game that matters... if they HATED a given game because it was too much like DooM II, and your favorite game was DooM II, the negative review was still of use. The same concept will apply (roughly) through the group Feedback here on this site. It can be useful information, once you decide or learn how to look at it. Ignoring it completely is also a good option for some.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 08 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

• Turok Nukem

fuck it

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 08 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

User is offline   uh . . . . 

Who cares? The posts don't get filtered by reputation so every post will be read the same. A bigger problem is you making useless threads.

User is offline   Jeff 

On this other forum I go to, they had more than just an upvote or downvote system. There was other things to rate someone's post on, such as it being informative, funny, etc. I don't think it counts towards rep though.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Can I down vote this for being posted in the Duke Nukem General thread?

User is offline   Night Wolf 

I personally think this option should be removed.

No one who had a high rep would say that!
Let's get him!

• Turok Nukem

So what is a useful thread in these times for Duke ? Is there a new game releasing ? Come get some i got plenty to give back

The only useful info could be for eduke making mods and maps. If you check the title of this thread it doesn't say "hey this is going to be useful and helpful" now does it ? It is exactly what it is. if i get down vote for saying whatever the fuck i wan't then so be it blow it out your ass

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 08 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I think anyone on this site should be able to speak there minds free willingly without the worry of those people who just downvote because they feel like it.

Generally downvotes are given to posts that actually deserve them.

Some of us have people who just hate us for no reason and would go as far as creating an account here and downvote simply because they are jealous.

New accounts here cannot up or downvote until they have accrued a certain number of posts.

Why did my "Duke Nukem" thread get locked ? i only posted what was on my mind (yes i was very very drunk).

Because that thread sucked.

View PostComrade Major, on 08 January 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

I agree. We should also implement Leftvote and Rightvote to be politically correct.

They should be blue and yellow so those colors are not left out. One should be a multiply sign and the other should be a divide sign so that those operators do not feel left out either.

• Turok Nukem

The boogey man is real

• Turok Nukem

If your mommy was a nickel cheaper ide be your daddy

• Turok Nukem

Who am i fighting, the fat star wars kid ?

User is offline   Fox 

You shouldn't be doing that, the kid almost commit suicide after becoming an Internet phenomenon.

• Turok Nukem

View PostFox, on 08 January 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

You shouldn't be doing that, the kid almost commit suicide after becoming an Internet phenomenon.

diddnt know that i just know Duke says it :D

he is trippin tho cmon man ......

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 08 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

• Turok Nukem

But i would like to know who is actually playing Duke in these threads? Who actually plays it day by day with fellow Dukes ? 3d and DNF who actually plays online ? I have seen NukemDave playing before. i am playing everyday whenever i have time to play a game it's Duke you see me right online playing i am alive with the playing community. It could be nice playing with even more players

i guess i am the asshole

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 08 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I downvoted Hendricks by accident. Stupid phone. :-(

You have to seriously suck to get nothing but down votes. Me and Viper and Radar are big meanie heads and we still get tons of upvotes.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDuke64Nukem, on 08 January 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

I guess i am the asshole

Well, Stop spamming for one. There is an edit button. Posting three posts, dishing out nonsensical insults doesn't help you look good. Pause and form your sentences for another. There are members here who's first language is not English, and they do a better job articulating and formulating their thoughts. Also, think about what it is you're posting. Just a few things to keep in mind. It may not seem like it's a big deal to you, but the way you present yourself leaves a big impression. Spelling mistakes, etc, they happen, and that's fine. Nobody is perfect, but when you post a whole truck load of nonsense that makes the eyes bleed, it tends to make you look like you're a fool.

Duke64Nukem, I don't believe you're interested in assimilating to this community for one minute. I think you just like to set metaphorical brush fires. Your first few posts are testament to trolling and flame bait. You're amusing, at best, and an annoyance at worst. If you want that perception to change, it's up to you. I'm fair with my down and up votes. I mark someone down when they aren't constructive, I mark someone down when they speak insultingly or condescendingly to other members. I'll mark you up if you contribute, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. However, I wouldn't take the system particularly seriously, either. Some people flag up and down for their own arbitrary reasons. Sometimes just for amusement.

Also, I want to say something to my fellow long members here regarding the "hostile" environment for new comers. I haven't seen it. The only people I've witnessed get a hostile "introduction" here were people who posted incoherent nonsense, who would make new threads every five minutes, who would post about big projects and ask for help without any proof that they themselves have the skills necessary to pull it off, who would get an attitude with people trying to help them, or they simply were arrogant assholes from the start. That's it. Anyone new who has come here with a good attitude is generally given a wide enough berth, but once they reveal their idiocy, why should it be tolerated? Sure, some of us who have been here longer get some slack, we cross lines we probably shouldn't. But, to a point, that's been earned in some fashion. In some way we've all at least tried to contribute.

View PostJimmy, on 08 January 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

You have to seriously suck to get nothing but down votes. Me and Viper and Radar are big meanie heads and we still get tons of upvotes.

I miss Bludd. Nobody sucked like Bludd.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 08 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostDuke64Nukem, on 08 January 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

But i would like to know who is actually playing Duke in these threads? Who actually plays it day by day with fellow Dukes ? 3d and DNF who actually plays online ? I have seen NukemDave playing before. i am playing everyday whenever i have time to play a game it's Duke you see me right online playing i am alive with the playing community. It could be nice playing with even more players

Lol, are you Blake Songne? I play Duke nearly every day, and I've never seen you around. Or do you mostly play Steam Duke?

This post has been edited by Element of Kindness: 09 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostElement of Kindness, on 09 January 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

Or do you mostly play Steam Duke?

Just hurry up and get the Steam version you fool.
You would have MANY people to play online with.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I already do, you fool. Yang lives on, w00t w00t.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

The worst thing you can do is talk about the rep system, you'll get downvoted to death :D

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Can't we all just get along ?

Then...

Duke64Nukem said:

If your mommy was a nickel cheaper ide be your daddy

Charming.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 09 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options