Duke4.net Forums: Is It Time To Spank Gearbox? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is It Time To Spank Gearbox?

View PostReaperMan, on 09 January 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

^
I agree, A:CM felt like they basically took DNF and put some aliens related stuff in there. In fact, i think they actually used several animations from DNF in A:CM.

I wouldn't doubt it. DNF still felt more solid despite this comparison because at least Duke fights honest aliens who are expected to act like such. The Xenos in A:CM felt so overly generic and simple (run in straight line and attack), like I wasted my money on this?? Raven can do something similar [re-use things] with COD:Ghosts for example and still pull it off because they at least attempt to polish it (that's saying a LOT, but I won't get into that). A:CM was just...I don't even...

...Yeah, I remember getting the game and booting it up to be greeted by the opening cutscene...I just couldn't believe what I was experiencing. It looked absolutely horrifying and blatantly unfinished. The character models, the animation bugs, the lack of polish or lighting, and later, the laughably idiotic plot and dreadful pacing. I remember seeing a video shortly after release comparing it to an E3 version...my head nearly exploded. If I were SEGA, I would've taken them down like a hooker on a Saturday night. I can't blame Timegate because it's simply not their fault - it's Gearbox's for lying to people about it and acting like it wasn't a big deal (did they even address the whole triangle affair)?

I hope they [Sega] recoup something with A:I - now that looks like a fine product.

This post has been edited by Coryyne: 09 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   Revanchist 

Oh, if Sega could, they would. You think they like releasing a game that feels like Sonic 2006: Colonial Marines?

As for Timegate, they are a lesser developer with lesser (far lesser, considering how GB spent money they were given for ACM on Borderlands 1-2 and, surprise, DNF) budget and really, they did what they could with what they had.

View PostRevanchist, on 09 January 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Oh, if Sega could, they would. You think they like releasing a game that feels like Sonic 2006: Colonial Marines?

As for Timegate, they are a lesser developer with lesser (far lesser, considering how GB spent money they were given for ACM on Borderlands 1-2 and, surprise, DNF) budget and really, they did what they could with what they had.

Hah! Sonic 2006, that was another turd. Good lord was that awful. I'm sure if Sega wanted to, Gearbox would have to pay them royalties on current/future Borderlands games. Why they didn't jump on that one is beyond me (I was hoping they would!) Though, I heard 3DR tried and I wish they didn't recant because I was seriously hoping for the worst. Someone at Gearbox has to pay for this shit, but like I said, hopefully Karma bites them in their ass. The disappointments don't stop there either, I remember being thoroughly pissed that Half-Life wasn't officially released for Dreamcast at the time either. I should have known.

And to your second statement, that's why I don't blame Timegate. They did what they could and I don't fault them for that, being indie I know how hard it is to work off of a feeble budget. They were pawns, simple as that.

User is offline   Revanchist 

View PostCoryyne, on 09 January 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Hah! Sonic 2006, that was another turd. Good lord was that awful. I'm sure if Sega wanted to, Gearbox would have to pay them royalties on current/future Borderlands games. Why they didn't jump on that one is beyond me (I was hoping they would!) Though, I heard 3DR tried and I wish they didn't recant because I was seriously hoping for the worst. Someone at Gearbox has to pay for this shit, but like I said, hopefully Karma bites them in their ass. The disappointments don't stop there either, I remember being thoroughly pissed that Half-Life wasn't officially released for Dreamcast at the time either. I should have known.

And to your second statement, that's why I don't blame Timegate. They did what they could and I don't fault them for that, being indie I know how hard it is to work off of a feeble budget. They were pawns, simple as that.

They would love to rip'em a new one and sue them to all eternity, but they have no way of proving in court what was spent on what. Of course they'd want a piece of Borderlands pie, especially considering how they unwillingly bought Gearbox the flour, eggs and all the cherries for it.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options