Duke4.net Forums: Little helpers for Eduke32 on OS X - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Little helpers for Eduke32 on OS X  "Launch DukePlus, DNF2013 and others with ease"

User is offline   rhoenie 

I noticed that some people have difficulties launching Eduke32 from commandline using parameters on OS X. Its much more convenient for these people to have an icon to click on that does all the magic. So I wrote three tiny applescripts and turned them into applications and put them right here:

EDuke32 launchers for OS X

The applescripts expect the addon packs inside your Documents/EDuke32/ folder (you have to create that one first) named like this:

• DukeItOutInDC/
  • DukeNukemForever2013/
  • DukePlus/

The EDuke32.app needs to be inside your Applications/ folder. If your setup is different to that one you can easily change it as the applescipt launchers can be modified to your needs. Just right-click on the icons and "Show Package Contents" and navigate to Contents/Resources/Scripts/. In there is a file called main.scpt with stuff like this:

set my_script to "cd ~/Documents/EDuke32/DukeItOutInDC && /Applications/EDuke32.app/Contents/MacOS/EDuke32 -usecwd -j/Users/$(whoami)/Library/Application\\ Support/EDuke32/ "
do shell script (my_script)

Have fun .. :-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options