Duke4.net Forums: Plug'n Pray map - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Plug'n Pray map

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

This is the map known as Alien Rendezvous, it is from the fourth episode Plug'n Pray for Duke Nukem Total Meltdown. Now I tried to make this map as close and as precise as it's PSX version but there is no way in heck I'll be able to do so, I'm just glad I have good memory and the ability to memorize layout that enabled me to to remake this map to being near identical, there might be some stuff that are a little out of place such as textures and such but it's not enough to be noticable right away. Anyway, this map is both difficulty and multiplayer compatible, hell you can even use the PSX version's guide to help you out if you need it. As for bugs, I did extensive testing and corrected some bugs such as doors and lighting effects not working correctly, but those are all fixed.

The only real bug I noticed is the lighting effect in the first two rooms at the beginning, both of them use the "Open Door Lights Effect" in combination with the "Split Door", I did this because thats how it was on the PSX version, I did everything I could to correct the shading but I couldn't fix it, perhaps a mapping expert can fill me in on whats wrong, I even kept some stuff that can make no sense for the sake of keeping the PSX "feel" of the map.

This map is infested with Aliens, even on Piece of Cake difficulty it can prove somewhat a challenge.

Anyhoot, here you go, enjoy!

Attached File(s)

User is online   zykov eddy 

Just played it. Really awesome conversion, feels like the original.

As far as I know, there's also other maps converted from Total Meltdown, made by various mappers. Just think about it, if we combine all existing converted maps with game rips by Darkus, then we'll have 50% of episode convertation done. That would be really awesome.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 13 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Glad you liked it. I really liked the rips that Darkus did but I don't know much about modding the game so I can't use them correctly.

In the big room near the beginning after stepping on the floor the doors will open up, now on the PSX version, both the split door and sliding doors will open, however, I can only get the split door to open in conjunction with the touchplate sprite but not the sliding doors and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it, I've seen double sliding doors open with an activator and switch sprite but not an activator and touchplate sprite. So this is also another thing I wanted to fix.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Touchplates don't work with sliding doors. Might be worth trying it out with an SE 10 autoclose or two way train helping sectors though.

View PostMicky C, on 13 December 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Touchplates don't work with sliding doors. Might be worth trying it out with an SE 10 autoclose or two way train helping sectors though.

Thats strange because it worked on the PSX version of this level, I guess I'll try an activatorlocked sprite with a switch sprite or just keep it the way it is since players can just walk up to the door and open it.

EDIT: I was planning on doing Duke Royale next. now I will say that for the past few years I've been trying to get the motivation and sit down to do these maps just for the fun of it, there have been people saying that just to play the PSX version, even though I have the game, it would be awesome just to see these on the PC and since I don't have the new textures and enemies, I'll just be creative. :wub:

This post has been edited by Urukiora: 14 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options