Duke4.net Forums: DMCraft (Deathmatch Craft) (NOTE : This is just a simple mod) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

DMCraft (Deathmatch Craft) (NOTE : This is just a simple mod)

User is offline   xBRYAN2000x 

• I need to grow up.

Posted Image

*** Notice ***
This is just a simple mod for Duke Nukem 3D If theres any problem with the content let me know i,ll fix it

Posted Image

I did the player
And i could try doing some con editing and i,ll work on maps too

Theres not much information yet. as soon as we reach %45 done on our progress
More stuff coming soon

This post has been edited by xBRYAN2000x: 07 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

User is offline   leilei 

I guess the "simple" part is the fact it's deliberately low resolution and aliased, along with the word 'craft'? We only have that to go by, and the sprite.

Adding "3-D" just makes you look like Gary Acord.

This post has been edited by leilei: 07 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

User is offline   Hank 

... can't wait for the release ;)

Goddamnit Bryan, just work on maps or coding. And for god's sake, don't release your first works unless you're doing it to get real criticism.

Hmm. What Bryan is doing reminds me of LakiSoft.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostDustFalcon85, on 08 November 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

Hmm. What Bryan is doing reminds me of LakiSoft.

Bryan is not acting like LakiSoft..

He seems to just be new, he doesn't know what he's doing and won't take anyone's advice.

LakiSoft may have been the same way to a certain extent, but LakiSoft turned violent, Bryan just seems to have trouble understanding what everyone is saying to him.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 08 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

This art is bad. I'm sorry. It looks like it was resized in MSPaint multiple times and then hit with a blur filter. Find ONE thing you want to work on. Maps, art, code. ONE THING. Then REALLY concentrate on it.

• I need to grow up.

View PostJimmy, on 08 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

This art is bad. I'm sorry. It looks like it was resized in MSPaint multiple times and then hit with a blur filter. Find ONE thing you want to work on. Maps, art, code. ONE THING. Then REALLY concentrate on it.

Thanks for the tip.

Anyways DMCraft has been changed into FusionStriker a Blood Mod

It was going to be in the Blood Alpha Engine but that got scrapped

Story Overview
Posted Image

Story Overview

A Marine from Planet Vorizon a Marine Planet has arrived at Earth to do The Sargent's Bidding, The CyberKhan named "MakrusKHAN" has made a portal to earth for a Invasion and Sent a Infested Nuclear Warhead on Earth causing Unstable Infections to most Humans but some of the Humans were killed in the explosion

The Marine must defeat MakrusKHAN in his Large Stronghold Castle and reverse the Infestion by killing MakrusKHAN, if Makrus is not stopped The Infection will spread across the globe and everything will be a Mutant Madhouse.

It is your task to destroy Makrus and the army of Mutants,Cyborgs and Paranormal Creatures.

Screenshots will appear when 50% of the stuff are done and all good

This post has been edited by xBRYAN2000x: 09 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Bryan, listen to me.

Do not use old video game betas as the base for your mods (why you would edit betas except for testing compatibility between old and final assets is beyond me).

Do not dream up any complex TCs with all new plots and locations.

Do not make nor edit any sprites.

Do not pick any exotic games to mod, like Blood or Shadow Warrior, that are a pain to do things with.

Right now, open up Mapster32 and MAKE A MAP. That is it. JUST DO THAT. NOTHING ELSE.

You have no grasp on the basics, but you're churning out ideas for TCs that'll never get past a few edited DN3D sprites. Seriously, stop.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 09 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The best way to start is to make a map of a real-life location. Like your house, or your school, or your city's downtown. You don't have to release it.

The next step is to make a map of a creative location. Don't worry about enemy placement, goals, or a start or finish. http://www.hobbygame...esign-in-ge007/

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Is this about the 10th mod he has announced?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah he's not going to listen. At this stage we're just repeating ourselves, so he can either choose to take our good advice or ignore it.

Let him do what he wants and he'll either give up part way through or release a small piece of shit mod consisting of poorly ripped and edited sprites and nothing else which no one will want to play. Then (maybe) he'll learn his lesson.

I just don't think he realizes that good map design is what makes a great mod/TC and not the new art or effects. He probably thinks "ooo people will want to play my mod because it's got art from cool games and stuff" (which just about every other mod has too), and doesn't know that it's simply a gimmick. Not sure how he's going to code his new weapons and enemies, probably just paste the art over the existing assets so they function exactly the same...

But yeah if he's not going to listen we should probably just ignore him until he gives up or releases some crap, then ignore him some more.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostHendricks266, on 09 November 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

The best way to start is to make a map of a real-life location. Like your house, or your school, or your city's downtown. You don't have to release it.

It worked out great for these guys:

Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by Viper The Rapper: 10 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

They never did that.

• I need to grow up.

View PostMicky C, on 09 November 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Yeah he's not going to listen. At this stage we're just repeating ourselves, so he can either choose to take our good advice or ignore it.

Let him do what he wants and he'll either give up part way through or release a small piece of shit mod consisting of poorly ripped and edited sprites and nothing else which no one will want to play. Then (maybe) he'll learn his lesson.

I just don't think he realizes that good map design is what makes a great mod/TC and not the new art or effects. He probably thinks "ooo people will want to play my mod because it's got art from cool games and stuff" (which just about every other mod has too), and doesn't know that it's simply a gimmick. Not sure how he's going to code his new weapons and enemies, probably just paste the art over the existing assets so they function exactly the same...

But yeah if he's not going to listen we should probably just ignore him until he gives up or releases some crap, then ignore him some more.

Im not ignoring, i was busy on practicing mapping right now im mapping some castle
Im only being a mapper and show my process until some time if i am ready to learn con editing
Fusion Striker will be a mod to not copy art this time i hope

NEW :
Due to crappy development this moves to DOOM which is better than the build engine

DOOM is Super Modable than the Build Engine
Even their Decorate is easier than CON Editing
zDOOM Forever

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DOOM is better than Build because

*Easy to use Decorate (I was able to code a hud with SBARINFO)
*zDOOM's Sector over Sector. Color Lighting and all that cool mapping features
*Doomguy's BADASS BFG9000 (Big Fucking Gun 9000)
*Cool Enemies like Baron of Hell, Cacodemon, Cyberdemon and all that

Duke3D is a Rip-off, SW is the same for Duke except the beta was better and Blood is nothing but horror which i hate often

Doom will always win

- xBRYAN2000x

This post has been edited by xBRYAN2000x: 10 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I am announcing my new Duke Nukem mod....

It will be called BRYAN2000: WHEN BIRTH CONTROL DOESN'T WORK.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostxBRYAN2000x, on 10 November 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

NEW :
Due to crappy development this moves to DOOM which is better than the build engine

zDOOM Forever

Duke3D is a Rip-off, SW is the same for Duke except the beta was better and Blood is nothing but horror which i hate often

Doom will always win

- xBRYAN2000x

Posted Image

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostxBRYAN2000x, on 10 November 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

zDOOM Forever

Doom will always win

- xBRYAN2000x

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about do you? I'm sure there are some who would argue that Doom is more moddable than Duke, but for NONE of the reasons you mentioned. I don't claim to be knowledgable on how moddable Doom is these days, but I will confidently say that eduke32 and zdoom are on the same level, probably with zdoom being better at some aspects, and eduke32 being better at others. Scratch that, Doom is waaaayyyyy better. You should go away and join the Doom community instead. Right now. You'd probably be happier there anyway since they have an overall lower standard of map design.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Stupid thread is stupid. Stupid thread is locked.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options