Duke4.net Forums: EVERYTHING DIES MOD any progress? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EVERYTHING DIES MOD any progress?

User is offline   Mark 

Does anyone here know or keep in contact with Nik1115 ? He is the guy making a really fantstic, spooky mod called Everything Dies. Its been a few years in the making but I haven't seen recent updates and it would be great if someone here could find out about any progress or give him encouragement to finish. If you don't know about the project, check out the Youtube videos he has posted. Its one of those projects that is too good to die.

User is offline   Gambini 

That mod has died many years ago man! Everything dies...

Seriously now: The guy was quite feedback-addict, I believe if he did any progress he would have let us know.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 02 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If this is the project you're talking about then you're right, it looks fantastic!

User is offline   Mark 

Yep. Thats the one. It started out as Madness...guts in the room and grew to what it is now. I worry that it might be one of those situations were he is the ONLY one who has a copy of the game and then he disappears completely or has a HD crash and all is lost. :P

I believe he lost interest on working on it. I remember in one of this last appearances he was getting involved in indy movies. BTW I´m pretty sure everything that could be seen of the mod was in the trailers as there were no gameplay at all. Now I remember that he wandered around in the very first days of Polymer and he tried to add some of it to his mod (Everything prior to that was sectorshadiong and glow textures).

I´d say you´re out of luck about this one. Unless he releases the unfinished stuff for the heck of it.

User is offline   Mark 

I would love to pick up where he left off but I want to finish Decay and Graveyard before taking on more stuff. But I sure would like someone to get a copy so we could find a small team to finish it someday.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 03 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

User is online   zykov eddy 

I contacted him, hope he'll answer soon.

User is offline   Mark 

THANKYOU

This post has been edited by Mark.: 03 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Well, bad news. He didn't talk much about the project. However, he said that he will inform you if there's gonna be any important news. I suspect that the project has been frozen since 2010.

Yup, the mod seems abandoned for quite long, I can't remember any news regarding it and the latest video on his channel features a cat watching ballet on tv. Imho, that mod looks great owing to extensive use of 3D models but it would hardly result in a playable game because of performance and clipping issues.

User is offline   Mark 

Another 3 and a half years later and I'm still bummed out we don't have that TC to play or finish ourselves. :( :(

Be patient man! What´s the hurry?

I´m sure the guy kept working silently but steadly on it and when you less expect it BAAM released!

I have an early beta of this mod on my hard drive. I asked the creator if I can post screenshots from it or post a download link, and he said no. He said he wants this TC to be released in finished form only. I guess he's still working on it, but very, very slowly.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 06 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Thats good news. Thanks.

User is offline   Sanek 

I was visiting Eddy about 4 years ago, and he showed me some bits and pieces of this mod. I guess that's beta he's talking about. I don't think that I saw anyting playable back then, but it looked awesome anyway - night city, some creepy indoor locations and other stuff. It's still looked very raw, but obviously the author put a lot of effort in his work. I don't know how much progress he's done by now - let's just hope that he's still working on it.

This post has been edited by Sanek: 03 May 2017 - 04:29 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options