Duke4.net Forums: Last map (or TC) you played all the way through and enjoyed - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last map (or TC) you played all the way through and enjoyed

User is offline   MacoMan 

Though I haven't played a lot of maps, last one for me was Zykov Eddy's Sunshine Complex. DukePlus version has difficult gameplay (for me anyway) but it's satisfying & fun. I like how wild Eddy gets with his ideas. It just doesn't feel like a boring vanilla experience with the mods I've played of his. I recently downloaded a shit-load of community recommended mods and plan to play many more.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

The last one I ever played was "Metropolitan Starlight". It was the last one because it was an enormous and excessively-detailed map that, for no apparent reason, made me believe that no other custom map ever made could top it. Undoubtedly I know I'm wrong, but it just left a sense of finality in me.

View PostComrade Major, on 31 October 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

The last one I ever played was "Metropolitan Starlight". It was the last one because it was an enormous and excessively-detailed map that, for no apparent reason, made me believe that no other custom map ever made could top it. Undoubtedly I know I'm wrong, but it just left a sense of finality in me.

Coincidentally, I played this last week, and yes, it was brilliant. I was mesmerized from beginning to end, and perfectly illustrates why the Duke 3D modding community must never die. I should replay it since polymer didn't kick in for me the first time around for some reason. It really is just a beautiful, ambitious map and succeeds on all levels - esthetics & game play .

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Thanks for the kind words, we all worked very hard on that map and I'm glad people are still enjoying it Posted Image

Okay, just played a couple of more maps, oldies but goodlies - Bizarre & 2121AD by Bob Masters. Now I want to play his earlier maps since he's turned out to be a favorite Duke3d mapper. Anyone know how to get Orion Prime working with eDuke32? I just get a lot of errors & a hang when I try to launch either Orion1 or Orion2.

Also, I'm discovering that 8-bit is the way to play these old maps. Though I prefer pretty polymer, I noticed the sky is all wrong in the first part of Bizarre. And 8-bit doesn't look bad at all once I deprogrammed myself not to be such a graphics whore. :D It's all about the gameplay & fun factor, and, wow, Do these old maps have that! ;)

This post has been edited by MacoMan: 06 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Playing The Gate now for the first time. Almost finished with the third episode on Mars. What a startling amount of custom art, so it's always visually interesting, and different themes/environments to keep it interesting. Only had to consult a youtube walk-through once so far. I notched that in the end map of the 2nd episode, Duke barks at the big bad baddie, "I'm going to rip off your head and shit down your neck!" followed by a cut scene of him actually ripping off the alien's head, unbuckling his pants, dropping 'em, and shitting down its neck, newspaper in hands. :D ;) :D I don't remember this from the original Duke3D but I'm assuming it's there. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options