Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior 1995/1996 Recreation Mod - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior 1995/1996 Recreation Mod

User is offline   Loke 

View PostRadar, on 02 November 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

What the heck. He sent me a friends request and a PM saying I was added as a level designer. I told him I was kidding around but it seems he's still telling people I'm on the team. WTF. That's not what I meant to happen.

Too late. You better start fine-tuning those level designing skillz, champ.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

@Lunick, um no.. This is just getting good.

Who posts all about there fail shitty mod on there personal Facebook page? Lol

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Bah, I got nothing to worry about. I could make 3 episodes worth of maps consisting of a few squares and coolies before the day's out. Chances are, Bryan will eat 'em up too.

What cool music are you going to have with them?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

fastway.mid

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I can choose something besides dethtoll?

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

User is offline   xBRYAN2000x 

• I need to grow up.

The Recreation Mod is canceled due to the lack of the comments

And pretty much everybody started to dislike me due to the project
And my reputation got lower

But im canceling this to do whats best for my reputation
So im not in this topic anymore but the project may resume in a better form
As i still made some better changes

Before
Posted Image
After
Posted Image

For example

This post has been edited by xBRYAN2000x: 02 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

• I need to grow up.

View PostThe Commander, on 02 November 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Hah just kidding

http://youtu.be/tUHdS0yZzXI

This post has been edited by xBRYAN2000x: 02 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

User is offline   Komenja 

Oh good, I was worried the lolz would end.

Although why does this use Doom's Rocket Launcher sound?

• I need to grow up.

Well the ones i found inside the SW beta v0.90 that were unused
seem to have some doom sounds appearently that i added them

ROCKET1.VOC
ROCKET3.VOC

User is offline   jet_nick 

this is my recreation of player
Posted Image

This post has been edited by jet_nick: 03 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hey Bryan James Spurlock, since you are completely unable to understand big boy concepts like "nuance", here's a list of why people make fun of you and say your projects are doomed.

1. You are way in over your head. Your "skills", if you can call them that, are limited to copy and pasting sprites in a .art editor. You have zero programming skills and constantly underestimate how long something like this should take, as evident by you thinking you can "hack" a .exe in order to replace a HUD. Based on the video you've posted, your "remake" is basically an abomination of copy and pasted sprites and sounds struggling to break free from each other. Do you really think that it looks remotely good? Does it look like the old 1996-era SW screenshots? Fuck no. Christ, I have no comp-sci skills, but even I know you're over your head.

2. You completely ignore any criticism. There are people here (Leilei for one) that have been messing with computers long before you emerged out of your mother's womb like a wet fart. Would you think they know far more about the subject than you do? Of course not. You're right and they're wrong because you do good in school and your mom said you're wise beyond your years. Instead of saying "Hey, these guys may be right!" and either scaling down or simply scrapping the project so you can work on your skills, you instead continue along, completely oblivious that everyone except you and your friend think this looks terrible.

3. You are not nearly as smart as you think you are. You think Joe won't give the old protos he has because he's a jerk that wants money instead of possibly, possibly, opening himself for the mother of all lawsuits if he were to release them. You thought Radar was serious when he was obviously taking the piss out of you. It's pretty obvious you think you're smart because you can one one or two things in old computers, but in reality you're pretty dumb.

4. You act like the child you are. You throw temper tantrums, give us 6th grade-level "ice burns" whenever someone doesn't suck your prepub dick about how good you are and you're the beta expert and think playing some old, obscure FPS is some kind of major accomplishment. I've noticed that no real life friends comment or like your SW BETA shit that you post on your Facebook. Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe it's because it makes you look like a giant dork instead of a smart badass.

I'm not expecting any sort of well-thought out response from you because you are a whiny know-it-all 13-year old that can't take criticism, but this is exactly why people diss you and your "remakes". Think about it. Or, you could ignore everything I've said and continue thinking you're king of shit mountain because you get all As in middle school and know what a command line parameter is. No skin off my back.

• I need to grow up.

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 03 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Hey Bryan James Spurlock, since you are completely unable to understand big boy concepts like "nuance", here's a list of why people make fun of you and say your projects are doomed.

1. You are way in over your head. Your "skills", if you can call them that, are limited to copy and pasting sprites in a .art editor. You have zero programming skills and constantly underestimate how long something like this should take, as evident by you thinking you can "hack" a .exe in order to replace a HUD. Based on the video you've posted, your "remake" is basically an abomination of copy and pasted sprites and sounds struggling to break free from each other. Do you really think that it looks remotely good? Does it look like the old 1996-era SW screenshots? Fuck no. Christ, I have no comp-sci skills, but even I know you're over your head.

2. You completely ignore any criticism. There are people here (Leilei for one) that have been messing with computers long before you emerged out of your mother's womb like a wet fart. Would you think they know far more about the subject than you do? Of course not. You're right and they're wrong because you do good in school and your mom said you're wise beyond your years. Instead of saying "Hey, these guys may be right!" and either scaling down or simply scrapping the project so you can work on your skills, you instead continue along, completely oblivious that everyone except you and your friend think this looks terrible.

3. You are not nearly as smart as you think you are. You think Joe won't give the old protos he has because he's a jerk that wants money instead of possibly, possibly, opening himself for the mother of all lawsuits if he were to release them. You thought Radar was serious when he was obviously taking the piss out of you. It's pretty obvious you think you're smart because you can one one or two things in old computers, but in reality you're pretty dumb.

4. You act like the child you are. You throw temper tantrums, give us 6th grade-level "ice burns" whenever someone doesn't suck your prepub dick about how good you are and you're the beta expert and think playing some old, obscure FPS is some kind of major accomplishment. I've noticed that no real life friends comment or like your SW BETA shit that you post on your Facebook. Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe it's because it makes you look like a giant dork instead of a smart badass.

I'm not expecting any sort of well-thought out response from you because you are a whiny know-it-all 13-year old that can't take criticism, but this is exactly why people diss you and your "remakes". Think about it. Or, you could ignore everything I've said and continue thinking you're king of shit mountain because you get all As in middle school and know what a command line parameter is. No skin off my back.

I do understand tho
I think it should be a great idea to restart the remaking
But i need Level Designers, Programmers and All that Stuff
This is not going to be on the Beta v0.90 it will move on into the Final SW Engine

I got way out of hand tho about Joe Siegler and i dont think anymore that he wants money and i dont think he is a jerk i just snapped

Im might try handling criticism or reply perhaps

I got way over my head and yes my programming is bad but thats why i need help on that tho
So yeah im starting over on the project in a better form

Dude, no one wants a remake of some early version of Shadow Warrior. We have the released version which is a good game by itself. Hell, it even got a pretty kick-ass remake. No one is going to work with you on this.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostxBRYAN2000x, on 03 November 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

I do understand tho

It is not a good idea. That's why you aren't going to find any level designers. In terms of programming, it is impossible to do any extensive modding of SW because there is zero scripting capability. That said, it is still possible to edit the source code. However, even that is extremely difficult. The amount of labor and headache that would go into such a thing will put off any and all programmers because we would much rather put our time into projects that involve creative efforts, instead of remaking an incomplete, unfinished, inferior version of a game.

• I need to grow up.

View PostHendricks266, on 03 November 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

It is not a good idea. That's why you aren't going to find any level designers. In terms of programming, it is impossible to do any extensive modding of SW because there is zero scripting capability. That said, it is still possible to edit the source code. However, even that is extremely difficult. The amount of labor and headache that would go into such a thing will put off any and all programmers because we would much rather put our time into projects that involve creative efforts, instead of remaking an incomplete, unfinished, inferior version of a game.

I pretty much canceled the remake anyway
Besides nothing seems to be wrong with the Final Version anyway :P
I did play abit of the Shareware Version of the Shadow Warrior perhaps

Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by xBRYAN2000x: 03 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

This is like the fourth time you've said it's cancelled.

• I need to grow up.

View PostRadar, on 03 November 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

This is like the fourth time you've said it's cancelled.

This time its fully canceled for good

NEW :

Im making some map packs for the Shareware Shadow Warrior
Which is the good version to support Midi and SWP supports midi
But this is for Shareware Fans

SharewareBang Pack I
This map pack ports the community WangBang Maps into the Shareware Version of Shadow Warrior

Reflex.map as $bullet.map
Posted Image

This post has been edited by xBRYAN2000x: 03 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostxBRYAN2000x, on 03 November 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Besides nothing seems to be wrong with the Final Version anyway :P

Beta is not better.

View PostxBRYAN2000x, on 03 November 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

SharewareBang Pack I
This map pack ports the community WangBang Maps into the Shareware Version of Shadow Warrior

Sigh. You are a textbook newbie. After your "idea master" project that you need help on attracts zero people, you move on to combining or modifying other people's maps.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Bryan,

Can you modify a CONFIG.SYS file? Can you assemble a 486 system that lacks plug and play? Can you get it to work? Do you hunt down versions of the SoundBlaster 16 that don't have the hanging note bug?

Dude, even to people who DON'T mod Duke3D, like myself, we look at this and think "Oh shit, some middle school dipstick downloaded some editing software for a Windows port. Zero experience with old technology. But I'm pretty sure he can get it to work like UE3 cause he said so."

No one fucking cares bro.

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Wow, this thread sucks.

I fucking love this thread.

• I need to grow up.

A New Project Awakes "Ninja of War 3D : NinjaZone"

* I added 4 Textures
* Made a New Weapon (M52 Shotgun)
Which shoots 6 Shells in Alt Fire and holds 400 Shells (More like Fast Paced Action)

NOTE : I made this content all by myself and its oringinal and i did editing and making not just editing only

Posted Image

This post has been edited by xBRYAN2000x: 03 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostxBRYAN2000x, on 03 November 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

I do understand tho
This is not going to be on the Beta v0.90 it will move on into the Final SW Engine

You're not gonna get any level designers, programmers, artists etc. Noone will "help" you because all there is so far is an idea, and not a very unique one. Other people will not want to do the work for you, and they have their own "cool" ideas which they would rather work on than yours.
And as Hendricks said, this idea would be real hard to pull off even if you did know how to do it (which you don't).
So start mapping on your own instead, and maybe in a year or so you will have something to show that you did yourself.

Also, showing off stuff before you have anything done will always get you ridiculed on duke4.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 03 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostxBRYAN2000x, on 03 November 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

"Ninja of War 3D : NinjaZone"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That shotgun is from Aliens Versus Predator for the Jaguar, dude.

• I need to grow up.

View PostJimmy, on 03 November 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

That shotgun is from Aliens Versus Predator for the Jaguar, dude.

And i heard ppl can do stuff like this too
BTW this one is not mine
Posted Image

No one is going to help you with shit, why don't you read and understand when we are ALL telling you to stop.

But you are more than welcome to continue being a complete idiot and making stupid idea mods with just some simple texture edits that anyone could do in two minutes. It will just add to the lol humour already present in this thread.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

There's nothing wrong with borrowing resources. But when you borrow resources, you don't post this; "I made this content all by myself and its oringinal and i did editing and making not just editing only"

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options