Duke4.net Forums: "Duke Nukem Begins" a French Duke fanfilm ! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Duke Nukem Begins" a French Duke fanfilm !

User is offline   Zaltar 

Hello guys !

Today I met with an actor for the Duke part. But his acting skills didn't match Duke's style.

User is offline   Zaltar 

While the casting is being currently done, the make-up artist is working on Proton's metal plate !

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 1422474_10152003721738536_1227585407_n.jpg

User is offline   Zaltar 

US President's daughter has been cast !!!

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaltar 

I'm working hard on this project in a very serious way. I share with you every step of this movie but I feel a bit lonely here. I've posted the same topic on the Gearbox forums and it's worse...
Am I the only one to care about this movie ? Am I the only one who wants to see a live action Duke movie ?

User is online   Mark 

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people on the forum when I say its a great project you have started. Sometimes we get lazy, especially me, and I cruze through the posts leaning way back in my chair and I can't reach the keyboard to type a reply. ;)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah I agree with Mark. It's great to see that you're making progress and that you're maintaining a standard to make sure you produce the best movie possible.
Although it's starting to get difficult to write replies without sounding repetitive. I mean how many times can we say "good work" Posted Image
Also, a small part of my would prefer to keep this out of my mind until the movie is actually produced and we can see it in all its glory instead of sitting around waiting for it all day, while another part is reassured to see the progress going on.

Btw, is there an approximate completion date in mind?

Great to see you progressing. I've been regularly visiting this thread, and check updates/replies you have posted. Although I haven't been posting here much and have been a bit quiet, I'm still excited for this live action shortfilm. :D

Good luck with the casting, hope you find a suitable actor for Duke. As long as he's someone who can portray a blond-haired action hero, the actor should be Dukish enough when you find one. ;)

User is offline   Zaltar 

Aaaah thank you guys !
Your answers are a pleasure to read :D

I want this movie to be perfect including the cast which means a suitable actor for Duke, who can act. I prefer to pick up a good actor with less muscles than a big oak who acts really bad.

For completion date, it will be next year, probably in february I hope.

More casting news to come this week, stay tuned ;)

• Honored Donor

View PostZaltar, on 13 November 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

For completion date, it will be next year, probably in february I hope.

So roughly the first quarter of next year, good news Posted Image

User is offline   Zaltar 

;)
The shooting itself isn't the longest part of the making. It's all that comes before.

Btw Micky, I love your avatar :D

User is offline   Zaltar 

CIA Director has been cast !!!

Posted Image

User is offline   Bruno 

View PostZaltar, on 12 November 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'm working hard on this project in a very serious way. I share with you every step of this movie but I feel a bit lonely here. I've posted the same topic on the Gearbox forums and it's worse...
Am I the only one to care about this movie ? Am I the only one who wants to see a live action Duke movie ?

Salut l'ami ! Oui, moi aussi je suis français :D

Aucune réponse de ma part au sujet de ton film car juste pas très bavard sur le forum, mais je surveille de très près l'évolution de ton excellent projet !

I'm waiting, I'm hoping, I need a true Duke Nukem movie like the one you're doing !! ;)

User is offline   Zaltar 

Thank you Bruno ;)

But guys you need to keep in mind that I want this movie to be great which means if I can"t find a correct actor for Duke I won't doing it unfortunately. I don't want to make a bad movie because a bad actor can ruin a movie.

User is offline   Zaltar 

Just met with a potential actor for Dr Proton ! A good one this time ! But I will meet another one next monday so the final decision will be taken next week !

User is offline   Zaltar 

CIA weapon expert, Bombshell-like character, has been cast !!!

Posted Image

Don't worry, she will have blue eyes and blond hair ;)

• Honored Donor

View PostZaltar, on 14 November 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Don't worry, she will have blue eyes and blond hair ;)

I was worried there for a minute, haha.

User is offline   Zaltar 

Next actor to be confirmed should be Dr Proton next week !

Still don't have my Duke...

User is offline   Zaltar 

Another actor has been cast ! He will play a Proton's henchman !

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaltar 

Doctor Proton has finally been cast !!!!

Posted Image

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Nice. *anxiously waits for someone to 'shop the above picture into Dr. P* ;)

• Honored Donor

Wow, those guys look pretty fitting to the roles. Well done. Let's hope the Duke is out there...

User is offline   Zaltar 

Thanks guys !
Yeah I'm still looking for my Duke ;)

User is offline   MrFlibble 

You have found a lot of good actors, great job! Hopefully there's some really nice guy to play Duke somewhere out there, waiting to be found soon! ;)

BTW, speaking of the "female counterpart" to Duke, I've always thought of Tanya Adams from Red Alert 1 as being the closest character to Duke both in terms of personality/"action hero-ness" and video game release timeline.

User is offline   Zaltar 

Yeaah Tanya ! I remember her ! I loved Red Alert 1 ! You're right Mr Fibble, she is a good female counterpart for Duke ;)

User is offline   Zaltar 

Speaking of Duke female counterpart, it's easier to find actresses for this than a good actor for Duke lol

Let's hope not, but if I can"t find a good actor for Duke, I will turn the project into a female-starring action/spy movie

• Honored Donor

You're not making a hollywood blockbuster, would it suffice to use hair dye/prosthetics or something like that to make someone look more like Duke?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMrFlibble, on 21 November 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

You have found a lot of good actors, great job!

Based on their pictures or?

User is offline   Zaltar 

Yes of course I'm not only looking for blond-haired actors but he must be a bit muscular with a square jawline otherwise fans will make fun about the movie.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostThe Commander, on 21 November 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Based on their pictures or?

They look like nice people to me, and yeah, I generally wanted to say some kind, encouraging words to Zaltar for all the work he's doing and the entire project.

Also I find that many of the amateur films I've watched actually have a lot of good acting in them. Don't want to generalize but I appreciate it when actors without any hint of world fame are honestly and sincerely doing their job (or should I say making art?) as opposed to all those Hollywood blockbusters that have guaranteed amounts of cash just thanks to a celebrity actor name(s) on the poster. (Just for the record, I'm not trying to say here that all amateur films are better than films produced by large studios. I just find the pursuit of fun, the need to express oneself and the desire to get a message across a better motivation for art than the pursuit of profit.)

User is offline   Zaltar 

Thank you very much MrFlibble for your encouraging comments ;)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options