Duke4.net Forums: "Duke Nukem Begins" a French Duke fanfilm ! - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Duke Nukem Begins" a French Duke fanfilm !

User is offline   Zaltar 

Yes I will be filming in Paris. But it's impossible to film the Eiffel Tower, very too much people around. But there are other places more appropriate.
Now that I've found my Duke, I can focus on locations ;)

And indeed it's cool to walk the city and find good places for film scènes. I'm like you :D

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Congrats on casting Duke!! Looks like a pretty damn good fit to me! ;)

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaltar 

Haha thank you ! Cool pic ! Yes he really looks like him ;)

But don't forget : no shades in the movie, it's based on the FIRST Duke game :D

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Sure thing! But I didn't know it was based on the original Duke...I probably should've read over the thread more carefully! I guess the inclusion of babes kinda threw me off, as they weren't in the sidescrolling games. ;)

Edit: Is this any better? :D

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 26 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

User is offline   Zaltar 

Yes that's better !!! ;)

In fact the movie is a prequel to the first game and the movie will end where the game begins : on the rooftop of a L.A building

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

SPOILERS DUDE DUH!

Nah, I can't wait to see it ;)

User is offline   Zaltar 

Sorry guys for the lack of news, I'm working hard on finding the main shooting location, some abandonned warehouse and it's very hard to find. Or a fully high-tech building like the Nakatomi Tower but it's even harder to shoot Inside.

The only good place I've found is a lovely forest full of rocks that can serve for a Duke 2 setting, the Rigelatain planet.

User is offline   Malgon 

Don't know why I haven't posted in this thread yet, but I thought I'd say that I hope it turns out great, as it sounds like you are putting in a lot of effort into this project. Keep it up! ;)

User is offline   Zaltar 

Thank you Malgon ;)

User is offline   Zaltar 

Still looking for locations...

User is offline   Zaltar 

Hell guys.

I'm sad to say that the movie is on hold and it may be cancelled. I couldn't find the appropriate locations which means I need to rewrite the script but it will never be as good as the current one. This is why the movie could be cancelled. Or maybe I will do it later I don't know.
There is also the fact that I was working on the movie alone. I couldn't find an assistant, a Producer, a friend that wanted to prepare the movie with me and working on it on my own is very hard. Especially for a fanfilm.

I had the idea for the new script of a Duke outcast on an alien planet, finding his way to come back on Earth, like in the Duke Nukem 2 game. But the movie would have an atmosphere like Star Wars or Riddick, and less badass, less action and oneliners. This is not the kind of fanfilm the fans are expecting. For a Hollywood movie it could work as part of a Duke trilogy, but not for a short fanfilm.

So I don't know. It's very difficult and I don't want to make another bad Duke movie.
If I actually will make this fanfilm, of course I will come back here.
Of course we can keep on talking here.

I'm really sorry guys. Don't blame me, I'm already blaming myself.

PS : my dream is that one day, if I become a well-known director, I can make a big budget Duke Nukem trilogy.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Sorry to hear this.

User is offline   Mark 

How about contacting a local college and find out if there are any students taking film classes that might want to help you out.

User is offline   Zaltar 

There is no problem to find the technical staff for the shooting. But all these guys don't want to work to prepare the movie, in the pre-production phase.
And finding some assistant or Producer assistant that is really interested in developping the project with me is very rare.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully someone will volunteer to help you out after all.

User is offline   Komenja 

Sorry, man. Good luck in the future!

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

cool

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options