Duke4.net Forums: Sprint question - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sprint question

User is offline   Jim 

Hello, I've become stuck in the AMC TC because I cannot Sprint. I manage to do it once during the the training session, but have not been able to do it since. Is the right combination walk forward and press sprint and Jump at the same time? Thanks for the help.

I have W as walk forward, X as Jump, and C as sprint. What order should I press them?

This post has been edited by Jim: 09 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It doesn't matter whether you press sprint or forward first. Just holding both of them down causes you to be sprinting. You don't need to press jump unless you actually need to jump during the sprint, which will make you jump further. In that case you need to press jump while holding down sprint and forward.

Btw in the future if you have any other questions can you please keep them in one thread instead of creating new threads here, as it will help keep this section less cluttered.

This post has been edited by Deeper Micky: 10 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Check to make sure your key binding for sprint has stuck, all you need to do is hold the sprint key and then press forward :P

User is offline   Jim 

Thanks for the replies, Sprint works, but the issue now seems to be that I cannot jump further when I sprint. I press walk forward and the sprint key, I see the sprint bar decreasing and I run really fast, yet I cannot jump up. The Level I am at now is the Abyss, and you do need to sprint jump in order to make it across those floating platforms right?

Edit: I must be doing something wrong as I can't even complete the gap in basic training now, can you guys give me exactly key strokes? Currently I do holding down both walk forward and sprint, and I run really fast, but I cannot jump in the middle of the run. Just walk forward and jump works tho.

This post has been edited by Jim: 10 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

User is offline   Somagu 

It could be that your keyboard doesn't allow for that many keys in the same area. Try rebinding jump to something else, maybe?

User is offline   Jim 

Thanks for the input, rebinding the jump key to space works, but not when the jump key is bound to X or N, I have an Dell XPS 1640. You might want to take a look into it James.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostJim, on 10 October 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Thanks for the input, rebinding the jump key to space works, but not when the jump key is bound to X or N, I have an Dell XPS 1640. You might want to take a look into it James.

Things like that have nothing to do with me unfortunately, it might be just as Somagu said or it might be some kind of incompatability with Eduke32. Glad to hear you got it fixed though!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options