Duke4.net Forums: Monster Bash - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Monster Bash  "Can't get candies on level 5, episode 1"

User is offline   Psycho87 

So I've been replaying Monster Bash, trying to get all skull and loot bonuses, but I can't seem to get these top two candies on level 5 of episode 1:

Posted Image

I tried jumping in various ways, but I can't seem to reach them. Is this a bug or is there some trick to it?

This post has been edited by Psycho87: 21 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

That sounds like item placement you'd see in Commander Keen where you could just pogo up there, but since this is Monster Bash, you can't...

Maybe there's an invisible platform? Or boxes you can push?

User is online   Lunick 

I really love this game, wish it could have some kind of re-release on GOG or something.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Is it not one of the free titles on 3DR's page?

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 20 September 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Is it not one of the free titles on 3DR's page?

I don't think so, I can only find the shareware.

It can be bought here.

No hidden platforms, and no way to get a rock there to jump off of. I found some playthroughs on YouTube, but everybody just skips those candies :lol:

I think it's impossible to get them. The physics of the game probably changed after this level was built and they never went back to check.

Would love to see a hd sprite based remake for this game. I played monster bash a lot back in the day.
I always loved the fact that it seemed like a kid's game at first sight but then monsters had full blown gore when you killed them.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 21 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Waiting for that, we can "accept" this: https://dl.dropbox.c...ines%20Keen.zip :lol:

The gameplay partly belongs to the saga from which it is and the BASH part does not arrive immediately, but the crossover is excellent for sure. Is also planned a sequel.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 21 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

I...don't get it. No bad guys anywhere I can see? No real way to finish the levels? I got confused and stopped playing when I ran out of things to do.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 21 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 September 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I...don't get it. No bad guys anywhere I can see? No real way to finish the levels? I got confused and stopped playing when I ran out of things to do.

In the first 4 levels there are no real ways to die, because you're in the "civilized" neighborhood.

The dangers and the mashup with monster bash start from the 5 level - Meadow Trail (and yes, the music you will hear there is EXACTLY what you think).

• The Sarien Encounter

I couldn't find anywhere else to go after this first couple levels.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

You know what, I think I've had the same problem. I'm pretty sure that's why I haven't reinstalled this game in eight years. It starts off great but gets tedious fast.

:lol:

If you need the rest, type " Lingyan203 keens valentine " on YT.

View PostViper The Rapper, on 22 September 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

You know what, I think I've had the same problem. I'm pretty sure that's why I haven't reinstalled this game in eight years. It starts off great but gets tedious fast.

MusicallyInspired was talking about the Keen mod, not the original Monster Bash game. Why do you think Bash gets tedious? Personally I think it's the best EGA side scroller, better than Keen even.

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, was talking about the mod. I actually have fond memories of Monster Bash shareware.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options