Duke4.net Forums: AMC Effects - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC Effects

User is offline   Foxley 

I've been playing AMC mod for some time now and i have to say, It's beyond amazing.
The new effects are amazing, rain, cars, mechas and allies, but one effect made me fall out of chair the moment i saw it... The Mobile Skybox
If you don't understand what am i talking about, it's the effect you see in Epion (both DM and INV) instead of regular 'ole skybox.
The moment i saw it i started thinking about the possibilities...

Well to make long story short, I humbly request that you make tutorials on how to make those effects for our maps in Mapster 32.
I understand that there are effect examples on one of the maps in the directory and that you can copy, but some are more complicated and as such hard to replicate.
If you'd be so kind to make a tutorial with text and pictures.
I've been trying to reverse engineer the Epion skybox but to no avail.

User is offline   Jblade 

Hi Foxley, glad to hear you've enjoyed the TC :lol: You can check the AMC TC wiki's build guide for information on how to put the skybox in a level. That effect is pretty basic, I'm hoping to code a more sophisticated one in the next version of the TC that can follow a pathway, so it looks much more like it's actually travelling places :lol:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Just to make sure we're on the same page: you can only use those effects if you're making a map for the AMC TC, not for vanilla Duke 3D (better safe than sorry).

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

So that's why I couldn't get this to work in DOS 1.3d.

This post has been edited by Ms. Radar: 31 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

User is offline   Foxley 

View PostJames, on 31 August 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hi Foxley, glad to hear you've enjoyed the TC :lol: You can check the AMC TC wiki's build guide for information on how to put the skybox in a level. That effect is pretty basic, I'm hoping to code a more sophisticated one in the next version of the TC that can follow a pathway, so it looks much more like it's actually travelling places :lol:

Thanks man, so that skybox is just spinning around the sector effector, right? Pretty awesome too.

Edit: Wow, i just checked it, Amazing.

This post has been edited by Foxley: 01 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options