Duke4.net Forums: [REALEASE] Shrapnel City 2.0 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[REALEASE] Shrapnel City 2.0  "Ready to go back?"

User is offline   Stabs 

A new version of shrapnel city using locations from the original episode and re imagining and mixing them up in larger maps.

pretty much ready for playtesting, has monsters, items, and coding and you can finish it, so enjoy a new adventure in shrapnel city, this map contains elements from Raw meat, Rapid Transport, Bank Roll

Requires polymer due to TROR constructions and lighting.

Has new music hence the size.

REQUIRES
Latest Dukeplus
Latest HRP

Attached File  ShrapnelCity01.zip (12.98MB)
Number of downloads: 432
uploaded final version /w music track other small fixes

VIDEO PLAY THROUGH

This post has been edited by DanM: 25 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Sounds good, I'm gonna play this tomorrow :P

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice! I love reimaginings! Can't wait!

EDIT: Am I missing something? There seems to be missing objects everywhere...floating bottles, computer screens, etc. Am I not running this correctly? I am using Polymer.

EDIT 2: Ah, I think there are some resources missing from your ZIP. All that's there is the map and two VOC files. There are letter 'A' sprites in the streets and such (which I'm guessing are not supposed to be A's? Did you not pack all the necessary files in the ZIP?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I think it requires DukePlus which is kind of a turn off for me. :P

This post has been edited by The Commander: 22 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

Oh yeah will need dukeplus, i think everything i make needs a mod

• The Sarien Encounter

Oooohhhh.

User is offline   necroslut 

Nice map as always :P

User is offline   Stabs 

cheers, its a bit different from my usual approach, shotgun and chain gun ammo is way more rare, really forces you to use the desert eagles.

Really love jetpacking troopers how they can enter battle, any further small updates will def add in recon cars, love to give them some crazy TROR path.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I have a vague recollection from making Parkade that recon cars don't like moving between TROR layers well, and that we ended up just having them in a single layer.

You can try it if you want but don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

This post has been edited by Mikko C: 23 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

bit sloppy with floating coffee cups, doors with backwards texturing, over/under stretched textures.

i haven't been able to play it all the way through yet (hrp issues) so from what i've seen:
the layout is fantastic
detailing feels artificial and soley relies on hrp, models, and polymer which is evident from the empty hallways and other square, blocky areas with almost nothing in them but maybe a model or minimalistic architecture.

i don't know, probably just me. maybe after all this time i was expecting another tribute to action status of immersion and ambiance

• The Sarien Encounter

Floating stuff is because it requires DukePlus.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

shame i can't play it. can't run hrp & polymer.

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostForge, on 23 August 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

bit sloppy with floating coffee cups, doors with backwards texturing, over/under stretched textures.

i haven't been able to play it all the way through yet (hrp issues) so from what i've seen
the layout is fantastic
detailing feels artificial and soley relies on hrp, models, and polymer which is evident from the empty hallways and other square, blocky areas with almost nothing in them but maybe a model or minimalistic architecture.

i don't know, probably just me. maybe after all this time i was expecting another tribute to action status of immersion and ambiance

Fixed a stack that stuff today, release was to gauge how weapons/ammo/monsters balance out, TTA was built for polymost, had a lot less restrictions back then way easier to make hectic warzones, did you find the vault puzzle a bit unconventional

And you were right Micky recon cars do not play nice with tror

Added an awesome Easter egg too.

Awesome map. Unfortunately HRP has been a bitch with my cpu. I finished it anyway.
I had a major issue with the map though: there was some sort of blue fog that screwed up the ambiance. Any idea how to fix it?

Also (spoiler) the secret area behind Duke's bookcase is awesome. I can't wait to see the new easter egg! :P

This post has been edited by SolidSnake27: 24 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostDanM, on 24 August 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

release was to gauge how weapons/ammo/monsters balance out,
...did you find the vault puzzle a bit unconventional

the balance seems fine to the point where i got stuck/lost
poked my head out of a vent shaft and watched a subway car creep forward. waited for it to go by then hopped out behind it, but there was nowhere to go

User is offline   Stabs 

Cheers I'll have to one way block the vent and make the dp activator only activate the train near the ground

Blue fog mite be your eduke version is just to old. Handles vis very differently in new ones

This post has been edited by DanM: 24 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   Forge 

went back and finished the map

it was fairly obvious (to me) where the switch was for the code

lot of unblocking fencing around the mailroom cages where the mini-battlelord is, and on the roof before dropping down the elevator shaft

could there be a way to play it without using polymer? cause i can play hrp, but polymer & grp together makes it not run really well. to the point of not at all

User is offline   Stabs 

Doubt all the tror would play nice with anything other than polymer, I guess you could remove the lights and use classic lighting techniques but that is very time consuming you're welcome to do it yourself tho

Will add those fixes on blocking have a newer version in a few hours

View PostDanM, on 24 August 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Doubt all the tror would play nice with anything other than polymer, I guess you could remove the lights and use classic lighting techniques but that is very time consuming you're welcome to do it yourself tho

Will add those fixes on blocking have a newer version in a few hours

i'd love to play the map, but i can't run hrp & polymer. and i tried hrp only. and it just like. well. it's like nothing is there. and i die as soon as it starts

User is offline   Stabs 

Updated the map with a

- little intro
- couple more secrets
- added details
- fixed blocking
- new easter egg
- improved performance by removing masked door on the train station, making the window above the karaoke bar and auto closing ceiling door window now.

final version in 1st post

This post has been edited by DanM: 25 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostDanM, on 24 August 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Updated the map with a

- little intro
- couple more secrets
- added details
- fixed blocking
- new easter egg
- improved performance by removing masked door on the train station, making the window above the karaoke bar and auto closing ceiling door window now.

Attachment SHRAPNEL CITY VER2.zip

still needs polymer lighting. man i would love to play this map. but alas it won't work it seems without polymer

This post has been edited by NukemRoses: 25 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

well chucked up a video playthrough so you can at least check it out, its in the 1st post along with final map version with .txt and .ogg music

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Wow! Wonderful. New #1 on my 2013 charts, narrowly topping all the other great releases. I'd have liked few more enemies to fight, but maybe that would have disturbed the atmosphere of a 'real' place.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

lol, I don't think DanM will post here for a while now.

To busy playing GTA V, ha

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options