Duke4.net Forums: hi guys there are news about shadow warrior deadly kiss in classic redux ? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

hi guys there are news about shadow warrior deadly kiss in classic redux ?

User is offline   jet_nick 

hi guys there are news about shadow warrior deadly kiss in classic redux ?

User is offline   Lunick 

Wouldn't this have been better to ask on the actual Redux forum?

I know Nacho, Hendricks, Jimmy and Termit are all together on it though.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 21 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

And DanM. I hope they're getting paid for it, even if it's only a small amount.

User is offline   Stabs 

well iam not working on it, i did have the chance to look over the assets they already had and there is nothing special about it, its basically some changed/new art and some sub standard maps, the maps don't just need tweaking they need heavy refinement and given its release time back then and the engines they were up against at the time (quake/unreal) I don't think DK was worth the time, given how shadow warrior wasn't well received to begin with.

I appreciate how dedicated the other guys are on the project like Nacho and Hencricks but the time they have already spent could of been spent making something so much better

User is offline   Jblade 

From what I've seen the maps are pretty much the same standard as the other add-on maps? I don't really think it needs much more work at all, but I don't think that it'll get an official release in any capacity since there's still some stuff to be done (And it wouldn't be fair to the original dev team to release it half-done)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

We're just waiting on the green light. It'll happen, it's just taking time.

And yes, the maps are 99% done. They just need some minor tweaks here and there, and Hendricks and I should be able to take care of it. The biggest amount of work is finishing up the art and final packaging to make everything look professional. Keep your fingers crossed. :P

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

We're waiting and trying to get in contact with as many members of the original dev team as we can to minimize the number of lost assets we need to recreate. We did send a test version of DK to Joe Wilcox but we are waiting to see if he will send us an actual credits list for the project.

When the project is ready, it will be released first as a freeware package like WD and TD.

necro edit: https://forums.duke4...ration-project/

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 07 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

User is offline   Mark 

On a related note Hendricks, I was just on the MOD DB site for Shadow Warrior and saw the latest HRP release from a few months ago. I downloaded it and verified that those missing 20 or so models and textures that I mentioned to you long ago are still missing. Since then I have sent them to a couple of people that emailed me asking for them. I'm pretty sure I emailed the zip file to you also but I remember at the time you were very busy with a half dozen other projects. It must have gotten lost in the shuffle.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostJimmy, on 21 August 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

We're just waiting on the green light. It'll happen, it's just taking time.

And yes, the maps are 99% done. They just need some minor tweaks here and there, and Hendricks and I should be able to take care of it. The biggest amount of work is finishing up the art and final packaging to make everything look professional. Keep your fingers crossed. :P

Cool! (Sorry I meant to upvote the post but slipped and clicked downvote instead) Looking forward to it :)

I can not wait, as soon as possible I would like to see some screenshots :P

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Jimmy the troll.

ahah troll

lota xd

User is offline   NY00123 

On yet another related note...

If any of you installs Twin Dragon using that old DOS installer and then starts playing, you may notice that something is missing.

That's right, music.

Basically, when a modified SW.EXE file that comes with the archive (tragon.zip) is executed, the music is *always* turned off on startup, independently of some value stored in the SW.CFG file.

Now, based on a Wikipedia article, it was planned to bundle a new soundtrack with the add-on. A guess of mine is that this would work well in a commerical CD release, but not so much in downloadable form (considering the download rates and non-existence of anything like DOSBox back in the day).

I'm not the only one who's thought of that, though. See this post (and forum topic) on GOG.com for more info: http://www.gog.com/f...are_lost/post10

Finally, to the ones who've considered contacting someone, unfortunately the composer of the soundtrack, named Simon Castles, died on 2005 due to cancer. :P
See this for reference: http://www.gog.com/f...e_music_missing

Nevertheless, I wonder if anybody has more information, given the circumstances of today.

This post has been edited by NY00123: 28 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

We've been keeping an eye out for the TD music as sub-project of sorts of DK. No luck yet.

Is it confirmed that Twin Dragon is actually missing a soundtrack, though? Simon Castles is only listed in Twin Dragon's credits as "Sound F/X", not specifying music. The original Twin Dragon readme, the original Wylde Productions site, and the original Level Infinity site all also do not mention the inclusion of any new music. The first mention (and, as far as I can tell, the only source) of "music by Castles Music Productions" made in relation to Twin Dragon is this 2005 Wikipedia edit on the Shadow Warrior article. The original Castles Music Productions site does list Twin Dragon under projects as "Head Composer and Sound Designer", but unfortunately, it still doesn't specify that Twin Dragon received new music. For example, Secrets of the Acropolis does have new MIDI tracks, but that Quake 2 Red Rover mod doesn't have any new music. I checked CMP_Game_Music_Demo.mp3 (more here), but I don't have a point of reference to determine where these samples may originate from.

But speaking of missing content from the SW expansions, I was always under the impression that Wanton Destruction was missing something as well. From Charlie Wiederhold's Wanton Destruction levels readme:

The finished version had new sounds, art, anime girls, fortune cookie fortunes, and all sorts of other little things.
I was never able to find any new fortune cookie fortunes in Wanton Destruction in either the provided wanton.exe or wanton.dat.

User is offline   Lunick 

I went on a wild goose chase for the Twin Dragon music earlier this year and managed to contact one of the people behind Castles Music Production. Sadly, he didn't know anything about it and the only person who would know was his wife. I was unable to get any information about her though which is where my journey ended.

Suppose I should add, the guy's name was Adam Bonello. The other two people that I found on the now defunct website either didn't reply to me (probably wrong email) or are not on the Internet anywhere. I also contacted the people who wrote the article about Simon and they had no idea as well.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 28 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

User is offline   Jottle 

Any updates on this project? I'm not asking for an ETA, but I'll take one :D

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostJottle, on 07 April 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

Any updates on this project? I'm not asking for an ETA, but I'll take one :D

You'll find your answer in the Shadow Warrior topic https://forums.duke4...warrior-corner/

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

While Deadly Kiss is a cool project as a whole, don't get too worked up about it in the meantime. The development copy we received was maybe like 45% done, and mostly maps. Maybe I'm being mouthy because I'm drunk. But whatever. It's got some decent levels so far, but it's really unfinished. If it was never released, you really wouldn't be missing out. The levels are fun, but have no context because it's just not finished. But the aim of the Deadly Kiss Restoration Project is to make it fucking awesome and worthy of being a Shadow Warrior "successor." We've maybe done 5% of further work on it. Hopefully the future is positive for us.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options