Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever 2007 Trailer Model - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever 2007 Trailer Model

#1

Hail to the King Baby!
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a529/Trevor_James_Spurlock/bandicam2013-08-1421-04-38-335_zps9bc95853.png
This is the Duke Model from the Duke Nukem Forever 2007 Trailer without his glasses.
2

User is offline   xBRYAN2000x 

  • I need to grow up.

#2

View PostStrikingUAC, on 14 August 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Hail to the King Baby!
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a529/Trevor_James_Spurlock/bandicam2013-08-1421-04-38-335_zps9bc95853.png
This is the Duke Model from the Duke Nukem Forever 2007 Trailer without his glasses.


LOL Where his glasses
But good job anyway
0

User is online   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental

#3

Pulled from the DNF resources by Noesis.
0

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

#4

He looks like Dolph Lundgren, but his lower legs and feet make him look like a plushie toy or something.
1

User is offline   Minigunner 

#5

You forgot the normal maps (at least); with them, the giant bullet-casings have primers on them, and there probably are wrinkles on his jeans.
0

User is offline   Malgon 

#6

It's interesting that seeing Duke with sunglasses all these years that you never stop to imagine what he actually looks like without them, and it's amazing how one seemingly small, yet iconic factor can make a world of difference when taken away.
1

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"

#7

View PostxBRYAN2000x, on 14 August 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

LOL Where his glasses



A better question would be "Where are his eyebrows?"

Also Duke didn't always sport sunglasses...just check out his first two games.
0

User is online   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental

#8

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 14 August 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

He looks like Dolph Lundgren, but his lower legs and feet make him look like a plushie toy or something.


Particularly the outer area of his face and the brow-line.
0

User is offline   blackharted3 

  • Resident Dufus

#9

Well I guess that answers the question of weather Duke's model had eyes.
0

#10

Is there a way to replace the Gearbox/Jersey Shore Duke model with this one?, or there is too much missing data from the old model to make it usable?
1

User is offline   Romulus 

#11

^This! I'd love to see the old Duke in DNF
0

User is offline   xMobilemux 

#12

Much better.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/233/d/5/rgrgr_by_wesker500-d6j3096.png
4

#13

View PostxMobilemux, on 21 August 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Much better.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/233/d/5/rgrgr_by_wesker500-d6j3096.png


Damn, that's vastly superior.
0

#14

View PostxMobilemux, on 21 August 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Much better.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/233/d/5/rgrgr_by_wesker500-d6j3096.png

Now this looks proper and much better than the end result we got.
This was the final polished Duke from Duke Nukem Forever that was simply scrapped in one day to get replaced with that young version that Gearbox wanted to appeal to the young gamers...
If replacing the current Duke model from DNF would be as easy as replacing the meshes and renaming them in their own dir trees, I bet this Duke model could work very well with the skeletal animation of the current Duke model, provided they are the same height.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

1

User is offline   xMobilemux 

#15

View PostMr.Deviance, on 24 August 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Now this looks proper and much better than the end result we got.
This was the final polished Duke from Duke Nukem Forever that was simply scrapped in one day to get replaced with that young version that Gearbox wanted to appeal to the young gamers...
If replacing the current Duke model from DNF would be as easy as replacing the meshes and renaming them in their own dir trees, I bet this Duke model could work very well with the skeletal animation of the current Duke model, provided they are the same height.

Someone on the GBX forums said a while ago he was able to replace the current Duke model with this one using the console before GBX patched it out, but he said something about the textures on the model being corrupted and it looked bad when he was playing, he was also able to replace current Duke with other models from the game too.
0

#16

View PostxMobilemux, on 24 August 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Someone on the GBX forums said a while ago he was able to replace the current Duke model with this one using the console before GBX patched it out, but he said something about the textures on the model being corrupted and it looked bad when he was playing, he was also able to replace current Duke with other models from the game too.

If I would still have that constructive excitement that I've had in the first few weeks after the game was released when I was finding many ways to make the console work again even after it was patched, I would probably lose an entire night over this and try to replace the model myself.
Back when the game came out, I remember some dude released a tool or something like that, that was able to browse through the DNF packs and also allow you to view and extract meshes and textures and other materials.
I remember that I found the the bumpmaps being blurred in the full game as opposed to the demo where they were crisp and offered much more detail.

This is how I found that you could enable a more limited console that still worked to an extent after they patched the main one.
I think it should still work if you care to look into this.
http://forums.duke4....emove-it-again/

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 28 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

0

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor

#17

Is that image photoshopped or an actual model?
0

User is offline   ReaperMan 

#18

Actual model
1

User is offline   Night Wolf 

#19

Damn that model is perfect.
I'm still baffled that Gearbox changed it for their inferior model.

This post has been edited by ozz: 29 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

0

User is offline   Minigunner 

#20

Yeah, this model actually looks like a grizzled action hero rather than some young douchebag athlete. Then again, the Gearbox model better fits the kind of world and character Duke is put into in DNF (ya know, everyone worshiping him and his namesake basically taking over Las Vegas, as well as his nigh-unbreakable ego).

This post has been edited by Minigunner: 30 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

0

User is online   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental

#21

I do wish he retained the five O' clock shadow from the 2007 teaser, though.
1

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer

#22

The model we've got and that model are both made off of the same high poly model. You could theoretically cross-bake the diffuse skin off that model onto ours and have something that looked pretty darn close.

Although the mesh and the UV map are different, ours is the same proportions and shape so you could re-rig that model to our skeleton (I've made the source to ours available). You could then kick out an MD3 and use it alongside the HRP.
1

User is online   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental

#23

Care to explain just how it is that you have access to official DNF assets like that?
0

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#24

I think he meant they both referenced the high-poly model?
0

User is online   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental

#25

He makes it sound like you can skin swap between the two which seems rather odd. Given that this model actually comes out of the DNF source files, I just wonder how that's possible!
0

User is offline   Outtagum 

#26

I like the changes they made to Duke's outfit in DNF. But this model's face is much better. It's similar to the Duke Nukem 3D cover art.
0

#27

Can this Duke model be used as the main one in DNF?
0

User is offline   DerickVonD 

#28

Where can I access this model and extract if from the game?

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 12 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

0

User is offline   Tea Monster 

  • Polymancer

#29

The story of how 'our' Duke came to be is in the release thread.

I once investigated the old duke model that existed in the game assets. I couldn't find the hand textures in the files, so I recreated them so it was complete.

Interesting to see if that was the version that was posted above.
2

User is offline   DerickVonD 

#30

View PostTea Monster, on 12 May 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

The story of how 'our' Duke came to be is in the release thread.

I once investigated the old duke model that existed in the game assets. I couldn't find the hand textures in the files, so I recreated them so it was complete.

Interesting to see if that was the version that was posted above.

I couldn't find the thread, can you provide me a direct link please?
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options