Duke4.net Forums: Can't access svn's today - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't access svn's today

User is offline   Mark 

Can someone here try accessing an svn to see if its just me getting an error message-- Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to PROPFIND --or if there is a bug since the server update that Yatta mentioned recently. I tried 4 different svn's and same message

EDIT. Someone else tried and could access an svn from this site that I'm having problems with. It turns out I can still commit something but the above error message shows when I try to update on any svn.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 13 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I need more information to investigate this. You haven't even specified which repository it is... how am I supposed to look into it?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I just checked with the Duke3D HRP SVN and had no problems at all. Maybe you should do a cleanup of your local repo, or, if nothing else helps, just do a completely new checkout.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostNightFright, on 14 August 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

or, if nothing else helps, just do a completely new checkout.

Unlucky. I just got him to do that not too long ago.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm leaving for work, back with details after. All svn's are affected. Duke HRP, SW HRP, Decay, DD, WGR2 Not just one that needs a cleanup.

• el fundador

I found some log entries indicating your IP address was blocked by a security module due to excessive requests. You weren't trying to update all of those repositories at the same time, were you? I fiddled with the configuration of the security module in question a bit, let me know if it changes anything.

User is offline   Mark 

When it didn't work on one svn I went to the others one by one but not at the same time. Or when I update one I usually go to the others right afterward. But always one at a time. I'm still at work, I'll try again when I get home.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 14 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

• el fundador

You might also want to upgrade your SVN client... it looked like you were using a pretty old one judging by the server logs.

User is offline   Mark 

I'll look into a newer version of TortuiseSVN. Up until the other day it was "if it ain't broke...."

• el fundador

I don't necessarily think that that's the problem, but a newer version isn't going to hurt anything. :P

User is offline   Mark 

I tried 2 of them, waiting about a minute in between, and its working. Thankyou very much. I'll try not to do them "rapid fire" in case that caused the red flag.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 14 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

• el fundador

Cool, good to know. Some of the settings for the security module in question were a bit conservative... I don't think I'd updated them since before we moved servers a few years ago. It's an anti-DoS module that limits stuff like concurrent connections, how fast requests can come in from a single address or on a single socket, etc. Our previous server was woefully underpowered so it used to be necessary in order to serve the HRP downloads, etc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options