Duke4.net Forums: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC

Some of you might already know that the sequel to this game was announced to also come on pc instead of just the PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 like the first one did back in 2010.
Well, now out of nowhere the 2010 PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 exclusive game has a demo on steam and the release date for 27 August 2013
What's great about it, is that they took the 2010 textures and shaders and improved them a lot for this 2013 port which is a very nice and respectful thing to do after they decided to release a 3 year old game on pc now.
Watch PC screenshots here.
http://www.vg247.com...new-pc-screens/

For those that don't know yet, this is the first non anime style sequel to this game series and it was received very well among gamers that were not particularly big fans of the huge ass series that has been cloning itself over the years.
It has been called the first great Caslevania game since the NES versions and I personally agree with this statement after seeing the story and gameplay.
It's like a mixture of prince of persia sands of time and god of war.

I was very excited today to see it's on pc right before the sequel will come.
Hope others here are as excited as me to see this.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 30 July 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

For those that don't know yet, this is the first non anime style sequel to this game series and it was received very well among gamers that were not particularly big fans of the huge ass series that has been cloning itself over the years.

And instead it cloned God Of War.

That being said, I highly recommend it to anyone who likes hack&slash. Variable, interesting art and beautiful music are great supplements.

Edit: fuck that, music and especially art direction aren't supplements, they're essential here.

This post has been edited by Kathy: 31 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

I can't even see it on Steam because it is not available in my region aha.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostLunick, on 31 July 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

I can't even see it on Steam because it is not available in my region aha.

Same with me.

User is offline   Kathy 

By the way, demo is the same as it was on consoles. First two levels. Not the best beginning, but I did buy this game after playing the demo. Yet knowing how long is the game they should have included more.

Okay, I'll get a demo. The more demos the better. Specially of titles I have no actual gameplay experience with (I've emulated some CV games on my PSP though).

Lunick and Mr. Tibbs, if you are really interested, using Steam's website and a VPN, you should be able to initiate a download.

User is offline   Lunick 

View Posturaganotkirki, on 31 July 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

Lunick and Mr. Tibbs, if you are really interested, using Steam's website and a VPN, you should be able to initiate a download.

:P

User is offline   Kathy 

Playing it on keyboard probably be a pain.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Ah, if you manually search for Caslevania here http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us you can download the demo.

Demo's 2 Gigs big.
I'm fully decked, I'll be using the xbox360 controller. I will assume that it comes with native support, so it's no issue.

Lunick, mind elaborating? I've used VPN to bypass Steam's idiotic restrictions (and activate some cheap-ass russian keys, but hey, still legit).
I'm following Australia's ban on Saints Row 4 and honestly I wouldn't care for it. If they don't want a person to buy it that bad, I'd just advocate piracy.

Edit: Mr Tibbs. I actually thought of this first, but I wasn't sure if it was going to work. Thanks.

This post has been edited by uraganotkirki: 31 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View Posturaganotkirki, on 31 July 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

Lunick, mind elaborating? I've used VPN to bypass Steam's idiotic restrictions (and activate some cheap-ass russian keys, but hey, still legit).
I'm following Australia's ban on Saints Row 4 and honestly I wouldn't care for it. If they don't want a person to buy it that bad, I'd just advocate piracy.

You are not meant to use VPNs with Steam to circumvent either Regions Locks or different pricing as it is against Valve's EULA and will get your account restricted if they find out. It's not worth risking my Steam account for that.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 30 July 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

first non anime style sequel

ahaha what are you talking about
you can't possibly say that Ayami Kojima's artwork is anime. the only ones that have anime stylings are the one shitty DS game and Dracula X Rondo (maybe that gameboy one???)

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 04 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I almost want to buy this to give the game another chance. It's riddled with problems that go straight to the core of the game's design, but it's still Castlevania. I already have it for X360, but I guess I will have to see when it drops in price.

User is offline   randir14 

I'm a bit of a Castlevania fan and this is one game I always wanted to come to PC. 27 bucks seems like a good price for the base game + DLC's, so I pre-ordered it. I hope it's good.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Not available in New Zealand either, wtf is this shit.

User is offline   Kathy 

Shouldn't you be accustomed to this shit by now?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostKathy, on 04 August 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Shouldn't you be accustomed to this shit by now?

No, can't say I have ever came across a game not available in New Zealand. (We don't have the same retarded censorship laws as Australia)

Banned games in Australia: http://en.wikipedia....es_in_Australia

New Zealand:
Manhunt Banned because of high impact scary violence and cruelty.
Manhunt 2 Banned for "gross, unrelenting, and gratuitous violence."
Postal 2 Banned because of gory violence.
Reservoir Dogs Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.

Reservoir Dogs being banned doesn't make much sense to me because I played it and it's a crap game anyway (yes I have seen the film) and Postal 2 must of been unbanned because it is available on Steam with no issues.

This post has been edited by NZRage: 04 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

You're confusing ban with unwillingness(of publisher?) to sell game on Steam in a specific country. At least that's what I was talking about. Or maybe it's not an issue in NZ than, say, in Russia or other CIS countries.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options