• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rise Of The Triad (2013)

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 02 August 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Still can't play it after the first patch. It better not take another 4-5 weeks. That unacceptable.

Agreed, it is very unacceptable, and when I brought it up, a thread I had posted in got locked in the Official ROTT Steam Community Hub discussions.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 02 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

BTW, that patch weighs about 500 MB. Not bad for an update containing two changes which are not quite addressing anything major the community is currently complaining about...

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I think all UE3 games are like that. They're impossible to patch without replacing a huge portion of the game. Afaik anyway.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

4-5 weeks? In that amount of time I wonder if they could try adding manual saves.

Anyway given the current state of how things are going, there goes that strong community they hoped for...

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Okay, so I spent several hours fixing my settings so the game would end up being playable... Then they rolled in a patch that completely deleted ALL of my settings. Definitely not gonna feel like bothering with it again for a few weeks.

User is online   Lunick 

Posted Image

Multiplayer literally has no bounds.

• Honored Donor

Well me and Lunick tried a deathmatch game hoping at least that part of the game would be decent, fun, and polished.

WRONG.

As expected, the weapons are ridiculously overpowered, especially the heatseaker. This is bad because it's not so much about skill so much as it's a matter of who sees who first, which is the thing I hate the most about COD's multiplayer.
It also lacks basic features such as telling you what weapon you were killed by.

Not to mention it's not glitch free either, one time when Lunick died, his body was thrown outside the map. Both of us have agreed never to try it again. Edit: Doh he posted that pic before me ^^

Oh, and there's that damn radio voice that mocks you each time you die which gets very old and annoying very fast.

This post has been edited by Mikko C: 02 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Where are their PR guys now in all of this? There were posts all the time before release. Now nothing?

User is online   Lunick 

I think they're too busy to look at our forum compared to the mess that is currently the Rise of the Triad Steam Hub and that's ok I guess. Although Dave has been spotted at other forums.

Edit: Oh and he is at Quakecon at the moment too.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 02 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Picked up this game. Never played the original. It's okay. I did kind of notice in the settings menu, where if you change the jump command to "right shift" or "right ctrl", it seems to register it as "left shift" or "left ctrl".

Speaking of framerate issues, since this game is made using Unreal Engine, here's something you can add to cap the framerate:

bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=59
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=60

Put this in the ROTTEngine.ini file under the Engine.Engine heading and set the file to read only, as the game will try and overwrite the settings (as I've seen this happen with other Unreal Engine games).

As for the VSync issues, open the ROTTSystemSettings.ini file, and search for "UseVsync". Change this to True. Also, set that file to read only like before.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 03 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

PATCH IS COMING SOON.

CRASH FIXES, GAMEPLAY MODIFICATIONS, AND MANUAL SAVING IS IN THE WORKS.

WE WILL POST A RELEASE DATE AS SOON AS WE HAVE ONE.

SOON.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 August 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Where are their PR guys now in all of this? There were posts all the time before release. Now nothing?

Too busy moving to his mom.

View PostJeff, on 02 August 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Speaking of framerate issues
As for the VSync issues

Shouldn't advanced options "Vsync" and "lock framerate" be doing the same?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostMs. Radar, on 02 August 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

PATCH IS COMING SOON.

CRASH FIXES, GAMEPLAY MODIFICATIONS, AND MANUAL SAVING IS IN THE WORKS.

WE WILL POST A RELEASE DATE AS SOON AS WE HAVE ONE.

SOON.

If that's true and manual saving is really added, I might even start playing at long last. Thank God I bought so many games during the Steam Summer Sale that I know what to do in the meantime. :P Anyway, for Interceptor's sake, I hope that "soon" means well within August at least, otherwise it might be too late for the game.

No idea how this could happen, but maybe they should have taken more time before release and/or possibly involve a few fans to do some playtesting first. After all, it seems pretty much everyone is criticizing the same stuff, so it is kinda hard to believe they weren't aware of it. Unless they have a different definition of what is supposed to be good. :P

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostKathy, on 03 August 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Too busy moving to his mom.

Shouldn't advanced options "Vsync" and "lock framerate" be doing the same?

VSync will cap the FPS at 60 to prevent screen tearing. VSync doesn't cap the framerate per say, but it just doesn't allow it to go above 60 FPS, otherwise you get screen tearing. If you have a 120 Hz monitor, then going above 60 FPS won't get screen tearing (unless the framerate is above 120 FPS, then you'll get screen tearing on that kind of monitor), but most people have 60 Hz monitors. Kind of hard to explain. It won't stop the FPS from going under. That's what the MinSmoothedFramerate does.

Example:

If framerate > 60 FPS on 60 Hz monitor=Screen tearing.
If framerate > 120 FPS on 120 Hz monitor=Screen tearing.

It's basically running the game at a framerate which your monitor isn't designed for. That's what caused the artifacts.

With Unreal Engine, the MinSmoothedFramerate maintains a minimum FPS for the game.

So if you set it to 59 FPS it won't go below that. Least while the level is loaded. If anyone here has a 120 Hz monitor (which I don't know any who do), set the MinSmoothedFramerate to 119 FPS and the MaxSmoothedFramerate to 120 FPS.

I was playing earlier and no FPS drops to speak of. You could also try enabling triple buffering in Nvidia Inspector, which is supposed to smooth out the framerate even more. Does require more video RAM, but with today's hardware shouldn't be an issue. Although with the game just been released, you might need to create a profile and add the EXE to it. In other games based on this engine, if I left it as it and didn't add those lines, I got framerate issues.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 03 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

• Auramancer

View PostNightFright, on 03 August 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

If that's true and manual saving is really added, I might even start playing at long last. Thank God I bought so many games during the Steam Summer Sale that I know what to do in the meantime. :P Anyway, for Interceptor's sake, I hope that "soon" means well within August at least, otherwise it might be too late for the game.

No idea how this could happen, but maybe they should have taken more time before release and/or possibly involve a few fans to do some playtesting first. After all, it seems pretty much everyone is criticizing the same stuff, so it is kinda hard to believe they weren't aware of it. Unless they have a different definition of what is supposed to be good. :P

I think Mr. Radar is mocking the PR.

I've defended Interceptor tooth and nail up to this point, giving them the benefit of the doubt as they are a new developer... but, I'm actually kind of getting pissed at them, and a rather bit disappointed. 4-5 weeks is unacceptable for critical fixes in a mega-patch. Those kinds of fixes should come incrementally as they are completed, so this bitch is fixed as quickly as possible.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 03 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

And some people STILL wants them to make Duke Nukem reloaded...

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDavoX, on 03 August 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

If it's free - why not?

But the general hype about DN Reloaded is somewhat unfounded. Duke Nukem 3d in modern engine was all that excited people.

Getting sick of all the hype about video game remakes...

User is online   Lunick 

2013 was the year of rereleases, remakes and reboots. People won't tolerate it next year.

• Honored Donor

Yeah especially when they're charging relatively high prices for games 5 to 20 years old, whether they're touched up or not.

Seriously, $10 for doom 1 emulated in dos box? At least with Megaton and SW Redux you get the game and all it's expansion packs running naively on modern platforms with modern controls and mild graphics upgrades.
Of course there are other culprits too. Many of these rereleases are ridiculous overpriced considering the amount of work put into them.

User is offline   uh . . . . 

This game has issues, but I have had fun playing it. So far, I've played through episode 1 on ludicrous settings on hard mode with a GTX 560 TI with motion blur, and ambient occlusion turned off, and have had near constant 60fps, except for some spots where there are lots of enemies. Shooting the enemies with the variety of weapons is fun, the level design flows together well, and good music. My issues are the lack-of raw mouse input, and getting stuck in some areas of the level where I literally can't move . . . because I'm stuck in between something or behind something, which is really where the lack of manual saving becomes prevalent. But really, the game is too hard and starting with a pistol in areas is too challenging? Maybe I'm not in far enough, but I haven't really had issues with the difficulty or checkpoints, aside from getting stuck in the geography. I'm having a blast.

This post has been edited by uh . . . .: 03 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostLunick, on 03 August 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

People won't tolerate it next year.

Horseshit.

User is online   Lunick 

View PostKathy, on 03 August 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

Horseshit.

Bite me.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostDavoX, on 03 August 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

Seriously, they can't get RotT 2013 into all right, why they can do DNR without serious flaws...

F2P or not, it won't fixing any of happening shit. :P

---

Guess what, the first "not-a-secret" secret room in 1-1 has a table nears the wall, it has a position can stuck player for sure, I just stuck on there about 3 or 4 times then I know I shouldn't do jumping in that room...

Also in 2-1, the castle(?) has some positions can stuck player if try to jumping outside of it for secrets or something stupid...

Ah, I have to say, saw someone recorded a video about playing RotT 2013 with cheating and I feel this game become a "lot of fun"-kind of game...

:P

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 03 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostMikko C, on 02 August 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Well me and Lunick tried a deathmatch game hoping at least that part of the game would be decent, fun, and polished.
Both of us have agreed never to try it again. Edit: Doh he posted that pic before me ^^

the fuck is this, bizarro land? the Multiplayer's probably the most fun part of the game right now! it's certainly alot more fun than dying on any of the episode 2 maps.

I mean how can you not think this is amazing? the excalibat makes multiplayer immediately more fun!

• Auramancer

https://twitter.com/...684012008554497

Thank fuck.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 03 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

I'm not playing the rest until it's fixed, quick save is the thing I want the most or else a check point system that activates at more logical points, like every time you find a secret area and at the start of tricky platform sections. Also the getting snagged on walls is very annoying, and the infinite ammo is a bit gay.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 03 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Personally I'm OK with the unlimited ammo for bullet weapons as it's meant to be as it was in the original... just get rid of the superflous reload animations. They are highly unnecessary.... also.. make the HUD model for the MP40 match the pick up item.. it's inconsistent.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I'm with ya on everything except the infinite ammo. That's true to ROTT, and it's a semi-unique trait.

User is online   fgsfds 

Is UE3 really such a piece of crap, where you can't make manual saving? Painkiller HD doesn't have it too.

User is offline   Stabs 

well if you want to charge 15 dollars for 2 years work between 35 people you better do it right french you loser, i did with far less people on 2 years

so many fucking bugs, and since when was ROTT the dark souls as a platform game, e2a2 is a brick wall of stupid difficultly dont quite remember the old ROTT ( the game you were supposed to base it off )

and btw french you dick, what actual maps have you released, nothing? you made a roof top of a old game and got the rights to d3d of randy fagwit super hypocrite who got his head start modding an established franchise called half-life which made op-force, remember that randy?

all he kept doing was raping classic games with a shit house engine that in this day and age can't even handle clipping properly or is french that much of retard he turned on per poly clipping instead of bounding

at the most this should be free on MoDDB shit that the hexen mod got and probably on the same level of quality

3.5/10

This post has been edited by DanM: 03 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options