Duke4.net Forums: FARCRY 3 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FARCRY 3  "Best (FPS) Game Since Duke3D"

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View Postt800, on 06 August 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

Sorry but I disagree, from my experience I found out that almost 3/4 of skippable checkpoints can be skipped trough wilderness in vehicle. Well, if you dont mind bumpy roads, bit "offroading" and sometimes repairing time.

If you are fed up with checkpoint skirmishes and just want to get somewhere as quickly as possible use water ways (I prefer them whenever they are possible). You will still encounter some makeshift "docks" and enemy boat patrols but it will be much faster and efficient. (Maybe it is deceptive impression, but I found boats faster than most of cars.)

Yes, it works sometimes of course, but often you end up with a broken car, way off track or are spotted despite best (within limits) efforts to remain unnoticed. And I too found the river system useful from time to time but it's not quite as readily available as the roads are.

But don't take me wrong as I still liked the game. I wrote pretty much so here: http://msdn.duke4.net/revfarcry2.php But the game's basic gameplay is deeply flawed which is why I'm looking forward to playing FC3, which apparently has the problem fixed.

User is offline   100199 

I must be one of the few that loved FC2 and was left pretty unimpressed and disapointed with FC3.

regardless, Crytek's Far Cry (masterpiece for me) along Half-life Opposing Force (imo the best entry in the entire HL franchise) are my best shooters since Duke Nukem 3D.

This post has been edited by 100199: 06 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

View PostHank, on 06 August 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I am shocked. Posted Image and have to agree

Lol! Yes I know I'm posting this 1 page late but yes, it's strange isn't it? Me being genuinely nice. :P

This post has been edited by Duel: 07 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options