Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forums backup

User is offline   Kathy 

Is there any in case of emergency?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yes, the forums and all hosted sites are fully backed up once a week to an offsite location. 4 full backups of the whole setup are kept, with the oldest one being removed whenever a new one is created. There are also nightly SQL dumps for the forum and wiki.

User is offline   Kathy 

Wow, that's fantastic.

Oh, and I hope there are more than one person having admin access to backup/forum/site?

This post has been edited by Kathy: 23 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

More than one person has access to the SQL dumps, but I'm the only one who has access to the weekly backups. I just have a script set up to rsync everything over to a server I have running here at home, so I have physical possession of the backups. The initial backup took forever because it was something like 50 gigs, but now it's only a couple hundred megs a week to download, and it all happens in the background without me having to do anything (which was the most important factor here :P).

User is offline   Hank 

In short, even my most moronic posts will never get lost Posted Image

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

And I try to archive shit about once a month on my home computer. I think it's time again! :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options