Duke4.net Forums: Suicide - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suicide  "Why not?"

Poll: Suicide (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you consider suicide as a possible solution to one's suffering?

1. Yes (23 votes [46.94%])

Percentage of vote: 46.94%

2. No (26 votes [53.06%])

Percentage of vote: 53.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

haven't been in the drug scene for over 25 years...so taking inflation into consideration I would think enough heroin to OD for a new inexperienced user would cost around 50 us dollars tops, but could be as cheap as 30$ depending on the region and availability.
also not filtering the impurities and shooting up straight after cooking will double the chances
if you want to OD definitely go with depressants over stimulants. you'll pass out and never wake up over having a painful heart attack and seizures

still seems too much of a hassle when there are funner and more interesting ways to achieve death.

go vigilante and start shooting gang members, drug pushers, scam artists that fleece the elderly, and child molesters until they discover who you are and put a hit out on you

User is offline   Hank 

View PostKathy, on 21 July 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Very smart. How about a real answer? Cause I think it's super expensive to even to consider.

If you are not a user, half a gram or even less could trigger an overdose, based on CAMH ( a treatment center in my home town).
A gram costs ~$100. Is it super expensive? You tell me. You can get a hit for ten dollars at the nearest street corner, take three and you are toast.

I did not see Forges post, well, to late.

This post has been edited by Hank: 21 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

A lot of things can cost your life. Vehicles, sugar... recreational drugs are the last thing you should be scared of.

User is offline   Forge 

if you want to off yourself, take up dangerous hobbies: base jumping, hang gliding, parachuting, para-sailing, etc. etc.
the statistics will get you eventually and you'll become an adrenaline junkie - which is far more interesting than a street drug junkie
the downside is you might have too much fun and not want to die

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah I never got the point in "my life is boring, should kill myself." Because at that point you don't give a shit about anything or anyone right? So go do something fucking insane.

Worked for GG Allin anyway.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostForge, on 21 July 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

go vigilante and start shooting gang members, drug pushers, scam artists that fleece the elderly, and child molesters until they discover who you are and put a hit out on you

There is a high probability you'll shoot someone innocent. At least regarding those crimes.

View PostHank, on 21 July 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

If you are not a user, half a gram or even less could trigger an overdose, based on CAMH ( a treatment center in my home town).A gram costs ~$100. Is it super expensive? You tell me. You can get a hit for ten dollars at the nearest street corner, take three and you are toast.I did not see Forges post, well, to late.

Wow, that's cheap. Hmm.... :P

View PostJimmy, on 21 July 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Yeah I never got the point in "my life is boring, should kill myself." Because at that point you don't give a shit about anything or anyone right?

Many seem to not understand that in a deep depression person might not give a heck about anything thus their calls to "think about your parents, relativies, pets" would be unjustified.

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostKathy, on 22 July 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Many seem to not understand that in a deep depression person might not give a heck about anything thus their calls to "think about your parents, relativies, pets" would be unjustified.

Exactly. If you get to that stage of depression then nothing holds any value, you just see a constantly swirling abyss that you either jump into or fight to pull yourself away from. It's something that only fully makes sense when you've been there.

User is offline   Ronin 

My brother thought things would never improve for him, but they did and for a while he was fine. Life seems pretty rare in this part of the galaxy, it should not be thrown away when there are solutions to problems. I don't believe in an after life (in the sense that you are consciously aware that you are in an after-life) but there could be one, and it could be harder than this life. Things may not immediately improve but they always change.

User is offline   Kathy 

Girl at the cash desk had scars on her right hand. And she had them right - along.

User is offline   Forge 

"exciting and fulfilling" do not = happy
just ask Earnest Hemingway

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostKathy, on 22 July 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

I don't know, but when I had a gun in my mouth that's what I thought about.

I was stupid to even go that far.

User is offline   Hank 

Can't resist, just in case a depressed person reads this post, or people who have no clue about it
http://www.save.org/...wPage&page_id=1

This is a suicide web site, with facts and figures. :P

User is offline   Forge 

combat vets are at a higher than average rate for suicide
if it wasn't for my wife and kid i wouldn't have any reason to be sucking up other people's air

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

You are a glorious asshole. We need you. You have your purpose.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I for one have always enjoyed Forge's presence in the community. Even when he was amicable 24/7 and not the huge (cute) dick he is today.

Based Forge.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostKathy, on 20 July 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Suicide is still better than an accidental death.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry at how warped that belief is.

You need serious help- and I'm not saying that to be mean...I'm actually speaking out of concern for someone who appears to be quite mentally ill.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 18 August 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

You need serious help- and I'm not saying that to be mean...I'm actually speaking out of concern for someone who appears to be quite mentally ill.

You too. :P

Duke Rocks, Blue Lightning, and Mikko Sandt. We need to lock them up in Fartham Asylum. Then they can escape, because that place never held fucking anyone, and flood the forum with more shitposts.

This post has been edited by Viper The Rapper: 18 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostFox, on 18 August 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

You too. :P

Maybe, but at least when suicide is brought up I ask "Why?".....as opposed to "Why not?".

User is offline   Forge 

View PostViper The Rapper, on 18 August 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Duke Rocks, Blue Lightning, and Mikko Sandt. We need to lock them up in Fartham Asylum. Then they can escape, because that place never held fucking anyone, and flood the forum with more shitposts.

i say we supply them with forks and BBQ sauce and see who emerges

View PostDuke Rocks, on 18 August 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Maybe, but at least when suicide is brought up I ask "Why?".....as opposed to "Why not?".

Really? Everybody dies so does it matter which exit door is used? There are a lot worse ways to die than by ones own hand.

This post has been edited by Forge: 18 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

User is offline   Fox 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 18 August 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

That argument is purely based on a presupposition, not logic.

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostForge, on 18 August 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

i say we supply them with forks and BBQ sauce and see who emerges

Really? Everybody dies so does it matter which exit door is used? There are a lot worse ways to die than by ones own hand.

If it really makes no difference as to what method we take, why don't we all just kill ourselves as soon as we become aware that death exists in the first place??

Because there's a lot of fun shit to be had in life, that's why! :P And how do we know that there's no afterlife? If there is one, it most likely isn't cut short going by how long you remain on earth, so what's the point of speeding up the process?? Also, how do we know that there isn't some higher power that will punish us for self-sacrifice(widely considered to be a sin), so we'll only end up with an eternity of torturous pain 1000+ times worse than anything this planet has to offer?

And all of this is coming from a non-believer(Atheist/Agnostic). :)

I can think of VERY few cases where suicide is warranted and if I were betting man, I'd wager my bottom dollar that not a single solitary soul who is actively registered on duke4.net would fit any of those cases.

User is offline   Kathy 

I don't even want to answer to that crap.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

So the first page was filled with posts reflecting a general consensus of suicide being wrong. Now that Duke Rock's says the same thing, suddenly suicide is acceptable?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMs. Radar, on 18 August 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

So the first page was filled with posts reflecting a general consensus of suicide being wrong. Now that Duke Rock's says the same thing, suddenly suicide is acceptable?

For sure!

User is offline   Minigunner 

View PostJimmy, on 22 July 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

I don't know, but when I had a gun in my mouth that's what I thought about.

I was stupid to even go that far.

Same here, but with a knife to my throat.
Actually, if I had no hope in my life whatsoever (there always was some hope when I thought there was none), asphyxiation by nitrogen would be the way to go.

User is offline   Fox 

I still prefer to blow up myself with some corrupt politicians.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMs. Radar, on 18 August 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

I said from the first page on that suicide, while selfish and dumb, was not a bad thing.

View PostDuke Rocks, on 18 August 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

If it really makes no difference as to what method we take, why don't we all just kill ourselves as soon as we become aware that death exists in the first place??

your answer in the second sentence is an acceptable reason for most people

Because there's a lot of fun shit to be had in life, that's why! :P

regardless of what anti-suicide advocates blissfully believe, everybody's perception of life is not from the same cookie cutter.
Some people just can't make themselves have fun or find joy in the simple things. Existing from day to day is unpleasant, and mental pain is as traumatic, if not more so, than physical pain.

And how do we know that there's no afterlife? If there is one, it most likely isn't cut short going by how long you remain on earth, so what's the point of speeding up the process?? Also, how do we know that there isn't some higher power that will punish us for self-sacrifice(widely considered to be a sin), so we'll only end up with an eternity of torturous pain 1000+ times worse than anything this planet has to offer?

And all of this is coming from a non-believer(Atheist/Agnostic). :)

In most cases suicide is a selfish act to ends one's pain in the here and now. The afterlife doesn't matter.

Do you think a supreme being sees everything in black and white? This is why I hate organized religion because they are pretentious enough to know what their god is thinking and can speak on their god's behalf using some book written by a man thousands of years ago.
I'm religious, but no stupid f*cking man is going to tell me they know what God is thinking or how God perceives anything

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

User is offline   Fox 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 18 August 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Also, how do we know that there isn't some higher power that will punish us for self-sacrifice(widely considered to be a sin), so we'll only end up with an eternity of torturous pain 1000+ times worse than anything this planet has to offer?

How do you know? What if everybody, except who commit suicide, is punished instead?

This post has been edited by Fox: 19 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options