Duke4.net Forums: Suicide - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suicide  "Why not?"

Poll: Suicide (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you consider suicide as a possible solution to one's suffering?

1. Yes (23 votes [46.94%])

Percentage of vote: 46.94%

2. No (26 votes [53.06%])

Percentage of vote: 53.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Yeah, being old doesn't mean you're screwed. My grandpa is 83 and could beat me up.

User is offline   faked 

I don't really know what to say.My mom had untreatable cancer in 1982.I stayed with her until the end.The end was she took an overdose of her meds on purpose when I was in my room asleep.While it was horrible,at least she wasn't in pain anymore.After thinking long and hard,I felt it was her decision alone,so I can respect that.I still miss her 30 yrs later.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Stabs 

btw did you know you can wrap a guitar string around a good wood screw and drill it into solid wood for a good noose, alternatively opiates are great for putting yourself over the edge and you wouldn't have a clue whats happening untill its to late and very easy for first timers to OD on, I am nearly reaching 30 and it hasn't been the most exciting or most fulfilling life so that's my exit strategy

User is offline   Kathy 

With avatar like that I thought you'd prefer a gun. :P

btw did you know you can wrap a guitar string around a good wood screw and drill it into solid wood for a good noose

You'll probably cut your neck which is a bit painful. Rope should be better for a pure asphyxiation.

User is offline   Stabs 

fucking Australia...

and its just an option personally i would take the opiates

User is offline   Kathy 

It depends on the success rate. If it's less than 80% then it's not a proper option cause you'll feel like shit after.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostMs. Radar, on 20 July 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

Yeah, being old doesn't mean you're screwed. My grandpa is 83 and could beat me up.

My grandmother is 91, and although her lung capacity is around 20% of a normal person, I wouldn't do anything.

I'm personally against the whole suicide thing.

There was this TV show which talked about "doctor assisted suicide", which is kind of what this thread is about. They determined that if the patient didn't make the choice to pull the plug, then it may be considered murder.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 21 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostKathy, on 21 July 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

It depends on the success rate. If it's less than 80% then it's not a proper option cause you'll feel like shit after.

def a first time user couldn't not survive max 3 x oxycontin 80's, alternatively a mix of xanax valium and oxycontin with alchochol is a cocktail of death. you'll basically drown in your own vomit if your willing to take it that far but you will be to unconscious to care or notice it happening

User is offline   Kathy 

Why don't they just make simple pills...

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Kathy: 21 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Man, this thread is depressing, almost drives me to want to make an exit myself.

I would never commit suicide so long as I had anybody to leave behind that it would affect, however, I am sure that if I had a dreadful disease or majorly debilitating injuries with no chance of recovery that they would be understanding of a wish to die and vice-verse.

Unbeknownst to most people, a highly potent poison is sold readily... I'm not sure I should elaborate on it or not.

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostHigh Treason, on 21 July 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

I would never commit suicide so long as I had anybody to leave behind that it would affect, however, I am sure that if I had a dreadful disease or majorly debilitating injuries with no chance of recovery that they would be understanding of a wish to die and vice-verse.

My thoughts exactly. Also, in my view, that view applies to more gradual 'downward slope' illnesses like dementia as well. I'd rather slip away peacefully with as much of my faculties and memories intact than leave my family and friends memories of me not knowing who they are, where I am or even who I am as I gradually fade away and wait to die naturally.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 21 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

suicide? no, i'm not doing anyone that favor.

User is offline   Stabs 

would be fun to also scare yourself to death with VR if anesthetized the head area and made it wireless you could lock yourself inside a small room that exactly matches the VR enviroment but the VR environment would be so real thanks to drugs that induce hypnotic, catatonic, and hallucinogenics states comined with VR

you know make the walls bleed, make hands grab at you from the floors, possibility are endless

it would be fun to induce the first documented VR related psychosis and then we can look back on stupid VR "ethics" and blame that asshole danm, this is why we can't have nice things.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I saw an article once about a rich guy that tied one end of a rope to a tree and the other side to his neck, then hopped in his Porsche convertible and slammed the gas ripping his head off once the noose stretched to its max. He did it because he hated his wife. Before ending the line he had purchased a ton of random stuff with his credit card, leaving a huge debt for her to pay as well.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostDanM, on 21 July 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

def a first time user couldn't not survive max 3 x oxycontin 80's, alternatively a mix of xanax valium and oxycontin with alchochol is a cocktail of death. you'll basically drown in your own vomit if your willing to take it that far but you will be to unconscious to care or notice it happening

Pill death sucks. I can barely handle an Oxycontin 30. I only do opiates on special occasions, so I never build a tolerance.

Heroin is even riskier. You couldn't pay me to do that shit.

Harvested by turban twisters, refined by Mexicans, and sold by a shady Italian guy who acts black. That's exactly what I want to put in my body.

You'll cowards don't even smoke crack.

This post has been edited by Viper The Rapper: 21 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

How much does it cost for one dose of heroin?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostKathy, on 21 July 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

How much does it cost for one dose of heroin?

Your life as you know it.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

pills, ropes, dope, self inflicted gun shots....boring

do something creative: hold a retirement community hostage, make the old people play musical chairs while you "negotiate" with the cops, then go outside and wave your gun around (real or fake), get shot up, death by cop
(alternately you can hold a nun convent hostage on a friday and make them eat hamburgers)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Helium/Nitrogen Exit Bag. Fast. Painless. Relatively cheap. No mess to clean up.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostForge, on 21 July 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

pills, ropes, dope, self inflicted gun shots....boring

do something creative: hold a retirement community hostage, make the old people play musical chairs while you "negotiate" with the cops, then go outside and wave your gun around (real or fake), get shot up, death by cop
(alternately you can hold a nun convent hostage on a friday and make them eat hamburgers)

Why don't you use your life to make a favour to the world and blow up yourself with some corrupt politicians?

I resent accusations of a lack of creativity.

Sod it, if someone here were going to make an exit they'd be able to Google loads of methods anyway, so;

Unbeknownst to most people, a highly potent poison is sold readily...

This is purely academic of course... It takes a little work;

Step 1 : Buy tobacco, pipe or chewing tobacco is best.
Step 2 : Place in a jar of water and leave overnight.
Step 3 : Empty this through a cloth into another jar and wrap the tobacco in the cloth.
Step 4 : Squeeze this cloth so that any remaining liquid is in the jar, given that nicotine passes through skin this might be enough to make you ill if not outright kill you.

There are a few options from here, you can simply consume the rather unpleasent liquid, boil the water away in a pan until you have a thick gooey substance or if you really want to be sure, leave it in the jar for the water to evaporate. Drops of the sticky substance can be added to your coffee, or someone elses although I don't immagine it would taste that good and I have no idea how long it would take to kill you.

I doubt it's the most glamorous way of doing things
and you would have to be really desperate to try this.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

You are all in for a crapton of liability lawsuits if someone actually commits suicide as a result of the posts in this thread.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Implying the denizens of Duke4.net have anyone who gives a shit about them.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I care about you jimmy, if you died i would have no one to troll with. :P

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Isn't there a comet or some shit coming soon eventually?
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Moose Man: 21 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

User is offline   Fox 

View PostComrade Major, on 21 July 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

You are all in for a crapton of liability lawsuits if someone actually commits suicide as a result of the posts in this thread.

They would sue me for my mods first.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostReaperMan, on 21 July 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

I care about you jimmy, if you died i would have no one to troll with. :P

Oh baby, you know I would never hurt you.

User is offline   Soap DX 

There are soooo many other thing you can do then suicide, I mean, if you're ready to kill yourself, why not try something else you'd probably never do.

Unless you are in a never ending nightmare like Guantanamo Bay, in prison, little cell, daily tortures, humiliations, no charge or court date ever in sight, bunch of human rights being violated, after over 4 years I guess Id consider suicide. Other then that, probably not. I feel like some people thing they got it bad, and they probably do, but it could be waaayyyy worse. I mean if you can run away and take your chances, then you might actually have another shot.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostRonan, on 21 July 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Your life as you know it.

Very smart. How about a real answer? Cause I think it's super expensive to even to consider.

View PostComrade Major, on 21 July 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Bullshit.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options