Duke4.net Forums: Wii U vs PS4 vs Xboner. - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wii U vs PS4 vs Xboner.  "aka 8th Generation Video Game Consoles Redux."

Poll: Wii U vs PS4 vs Xboner. (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Which console are you planning to get this year or later?

1. Wii U (7 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

2. PS4 (9 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Xboner (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Neither or Sticking w/ PC only (29 votes [64.44%])

Percentage of vote: 64.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Since my topic a/b the 8th generation consoles got locked down b/c of the flaming. I might as well gonna revisit this topic a/b the 8th Gen consoles. I may or may not be getting either the PS4 & the Wii U for a couple of years. NOT getting the Xbox One. 2013 is the Year of the PC for me!

EDIT:

486DX2 said:

Yeah the Sega CD, I mean, WiiU is gonna be awesome.

What a piece of shit.

Sega CD vs. WiiU

Overpriced - CHECK

Underpowered - CHECK

Dogshit third party support - CHECK

Dogshit first party support - CHECK

RELIES ON GIMMICKS TO SELL HARDWARE - CHECK MOTHERFUCKING PLUS (Full motion video vs. shitty 480p screen in crappy controller)

Yeah I can't wait for that. My cell phone has twice the RAM.

You know what, honestly, fuck Nintendo. At least Sega went out with an Uzi in each hand and died in a pool of it's own blood. This company has been in a downhill slide for a decade.

Can we stop acting like Nintendo is the savior of gaming? NO ONE REHASHES AS MUCH AS THESE GUYS. Even Bobby Kotick's lackeys innovate more in between the Satanic goat slaughtering rituals that stain Activision's conference rooms.

I really hope Satoru Iwata gets caught fucking a baby because that company needs new management, fast. Every time I fire up my N64 I'm reminded of just how shitty Nintendo is now.

Feel free to bash Nintendo more

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 16 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Do we really have to call it the Xboner...

RESTART:

View PostLunick, on 16 July 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

It's b/c for shits & giggles

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 16 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I forgot how fucking good that thread was.

In other news, screw consoles. I don't have money to buy giant paper weights that will be outdated in months.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I'm gonna be sticking with my PC, but if I ever do get a next gen console, it'll be the PS4 and it won't be until it's been out a while so I can see what Sony plans to do with it, if it stays as a gaming console, I'll consider buying one, if it pulls an Xbone on us I'll never get one. I'll never support any kind of always online gaming future.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Heil the PC master race.

By the way, if you call the XB1 the XBoner, you need to call the PS4 the P.O.S4, and the Wii-U the Why-U-No-Work.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 16 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Calling it the XBoner makes it sound like it's so awesome that it gives me a boner. It doesn't. How about we call it the XAntiBoner instead?

If I get any of the consoles it will be the PS4. Until that happens I will continue to game happily on my desktop, any of my two laptops, my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, my OUYA or my PS3.

User is offline   Komenja 

I'm just going to stick with a pc for now. I'll look into getting a PS4 or Wii U in a few years when the game libraries for them have grown and the prices have gone down.

View PostKomenja, on 16 July 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I'm just going to stick with a pc for now. I'll look into getting a PS4 or Wii U in a few years when the game libraries for them have grown and the prices have gone down.

This.

User is offline   ---- 

If there is anything worthwhile on the PS4 (which I highly doubt, considering my tastes) I might get one.

I owned an XBox and a 360 the last two generations with the so called top titles for each ... sold them after a short time.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostRadar, on 16 July 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Calling it the XBoner makes it sound like it's so awesome that it gives me a boner. It doesn't. How about we call it the XAntiBoner instead?

But it's the XBoner. As in ex-boner.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 16 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

You must be fun at parties.

Spoiler

User is offline   Ronin 

I own an Xbox 360, we had some good times I got my moneys worth and was happy with it until I got a decent pc now it's in retirement. I got a PS3 a while back for €100 just to finally play Metal Gear Solid 4, worth every penny even though now it will gather dust indefinitely. I am done with consoles now (apart from GTA 5, will want to play that on 360 until pc version gets release) as any games I want to play come out on the pc too nowadays.

I have yet to spend money on a ps2, xbox ,gamecube, ps3, 360, wii so I seriously doubt I will get crazy enough to start spending money on xbone, ps4 or wiiU now when they are even less interesting than the current gen of consoles was...
I will continue sticking with upgrading my pc as I've always done with no regrets.

User is offline   Ronin 

I bet you secretly enjoy the Wii.

View PostRonan, on 16 July 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

I bet you secretly enjoy the Wii.

Actually my gf enjoys my wii more than I do. You caught me red handed, what can I say...

On a more serious note, I can always enjoy the wii on my pc with the emulator for it that works flawless.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 16 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostComrade Major, on 16 July 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Heil the PC master race.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Haha! It would have been more fitting waiting for the perfect Deviance post and quoting that. :)

User is offline   leilei 

Xboner in the mistake definition makes more sense in context than "hehehe its Xengorgedpenis"

While not a big player, I really wish the SteamBox could commercially flourish so the PC can get a wider variety of hotseat-friendly genres, like party games and more fighting games (and variants on fighting, like puzzle fighting, wrestling, etc...). Ditto for Steam Big Picture opening up a market for more of those. Local multiplayer and the PC is very lacking these days.

Wheres Ouya? LOL

This post has been edited by leilei: 18 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

View Postleilei, on 18 July 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Wheres Ouya? LOL

Last I checked, crushed under a mountain of angry letters.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostJimmy, on 16 July 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

I forgot how fucking good that thread was.

No one can ever forget how good that thread was.

The verbal beatdown I gave S.B. Newsom was worth it.

Taking out that condescending poser was worth every last pixel that filled my warn bar.

View PostLunick, on 16 July 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

The NSA wants to catalog every penis in the Western Hemisphere by 2015.

This post has been edited by 486DX2: 18 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostViper The Rapper, on 18 July 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

The NSA wants to catalog every penis in the Western Hemisphere by 2015.

Have they never heard of Chatroulette?

Looks like both the PS4 & the XbOner is gonna be equipped w/ AMD CPUs and Radeon video cards. Can anyone comment on that? Will they be a console failure risk like the RROD's and YLOD's?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 19 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

User is offline   pjVgt 

All those piece of shits aren't worthy my hard earned money. I'll stick to my PS2 where no one probes my ass with subscriptions, 24h online, updates and other crap. I'll be better spending those 399$ on crack and hookers licking my balls.

This post has been edited by pjVgt: 27 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

I wonder what would happen if nintendo suddently came up with the idea to start releasing a series of nostalgia consoles for cheap and call them in order.
1.NES HD
2.SNES HD
3.N64 HD
4.GameCube HD

And release every popular game from these consoles as a modern HD remake along with other new old school platformers for the indie fans of today and the people that have nostalgia for the classic era of games and want to see it go further and also have a serious facelift on the whole classic game collection spectrum.
I would definitely buy a NES and SNES HD and maybe even an N64HD provided that all the best games would be remade with today's graphics and manage to maintain every single art direction and gameplay element from the old ones.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Sega Genisis/Mega Drive HD. :P

OH and who could forget..... Atari 2600 HD.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 28 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostReaperMan, on 28 July 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

That's something that Sega could do to get back into the hardware business but I doubt they would do this.
However nintendo could do it because they are both crazy enough and rich enough to go into such a direction.
Not to mention that these HD consoles could be made pretty cheap considering what hardware it takes to make HD facelifts for old games from the NES and SNES.
Maybe a HD N64 and HD Gamecube would require hardware equal to the xbox 360 hardware but the NES HD AND SNES HD could be made pretty cheap.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 28 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

User is offline   leilei 

View PostReaperMan, on 28 July 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Already there.
Posted Image

User is offline   ReaperMan 

So, the model 1 of the Genesis is HD but my model 2 isn't? :P

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 28 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options