Duke4.net Forums: Where did your display name come from? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where did your display name come from?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So there are people around here with interesting and random display names, and quite simply, I'd be interested in hearing the back story as to why you chose that particular name.

For example, in my case on the first forum I ever joined several years ago, I had a friend there who's alias was "Micky P", so I decided to call myself "Micky C". Because it rhymed and we're both Michaels. But hopefully other people have more interesting stories than that.

User is offline   Lunick 

http://bulbapedia.bu...net/wiki/Lunick

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

The most bad ass processor ever.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Because Jimmy is punker than James.
So edgy.

User is offline   X-Vector 

http://forums.3dreal...96&postcount=48

I've also used "Lee Harvey Oswald" as a Quake 3 nick for a while (using the Patriot skin, naturally).

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Helix <=> math
horned <=> Satan

Spoiler

User is offline   Engel220 

the 220 was just because half the time I sign up anywhere just 'Engel' is usually always taken.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 15 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I made it up when I was 11.

User is offline   Loke 

Norse mythology.

User is offline   Mark 

I like to occasionally "go against the grain". I used my first name.

User is offline   Jeff 

My real life first name.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

It was the name of a car in a Hot Wheels video game I played all the time as a kid. It turned out to be quite a taunting name in online games (I've got you on my Radar, Radar is [ON] OFF, etc.) and I discovered I could sign my name in maps with floating sprites in the center since it spells the same thing backwards. I never regreted this name.

My avatar goes hand in hand with it. I would hope some of you noticed that I never changed it. It was the same thing back on 3DR. It's from a character named Speedy Eggbert, another video game I played all the time as a child

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

You'll never guess. :)

User is offline   Kathy 

User is offline   faked 

I had an older sister who was always the worst,always crabby,so we called her grouchbag.I thought it was humorous,so I adopted it for myself. :)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostKathy, on 15 July 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Still a failed attempt at a witty sex change. ^.^

User is offline   Kathy 

No more than your failed attempt at a witty humour.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

This is Hendricks.

Posted Image

When I was nine, my favorite number was 6. 266 is an abbreviation of "2 x 66".

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

From my childhood, I use to call the Enforcers "Moose Men"

In fact, only the Pig Cop, Octobrain, and Battlelord were called by the correct names back then.

And Gerolf, I also use that more often. That's German for "Spear-Wolf" because I'm a big Wolfenstein fan.

This post has been edited by Moose Man: 15 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

When the Pig Cops would dive down on Duke Nukem 64, I used to think that they were slipping and falling over, usually on blood or something, so I called them Slippery Pigs :) eventually, I shortened it.

This post has been edited by Slippy_Pig: 15 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostMoose Man, on 15 July 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

From my childhood, I use to call the Enforcers "Moose Men"

You should change your avatar to an enforcer to better match this misunderstanding of your youth. Better yet, use the Nuclear Winter one that has antlers on top. :)

This post has been edited by Radar: 15 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

He has an Enforcer in his avatar. But go for it, Moose Man.

Posted Image

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

My nickname CK means " Crack Knuckles "

Posted Image

User is offline   Minigunner 

One of my first custom ZDoom monsters, a recolored Chaingun zombie that fired at double the rate of his vanilla counterpart.

No, my avatar is not that specific monster. It's a zombieman edit by another ZDoom Forums user.

This post has been edited by Minigunner: 16 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

Ronan is my real name, Ripemanewone was just a spur of the moment name I choose when I joined 3DR forums, but the older I get the more dumb it sounds so I let it go, even though it is my favourite one-liner from Duke 64.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 16 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

Right were to start, I've had sooooo many display names, well Duel comes from the nature of my life at the moment. Blackharted came from a private joke between me and my best friend. BlackandBright (remember that?) comes from a few places:

First from that guy named Brightharted, who was claiming to be my opposite or something I can't remember too well, next from a post from either TX or Splat or maybe even Yatta, which said something along the lines of "I'm watching both of you Black and Bright." It's a struggle to recall who wrote that, as it was from a long time ago, and finally it came from the fact that I purposely made an account that was similar in every way to blackharted, just to see how long it would take you guys to notice that I'd snuck back in here.* Last but not least Rory came from that fact that it's my real name. Yes I just admitted my real name online, what am I doing? D'oh!

*God that was so hard. Every post I made, I was laughing my ass off at, every time someone mentioned blackharted, was hilarious! :) I had to remain in stealth mode and constantly resist the urge to say "Hey guys it's me! and you never knew! ha ha!" but that was back from when I was a drunken jackass troll, and I apologize profusely.

This post has been edited by Duel: 17 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I'm still waiting for you to admit that you never really were trying to troll. You were just that idiotic naturally until you learned forum etiquette.

This post has been edited by Radar: 17 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   faked 

Pardon me for the interruption,just wanted to say I am enjoying some of the unusual names on the forum. :)

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

View PostRadar, on 17 July 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for you to admit that you never really were trying to troll. You were just that idiotic naturally until you learned forum etiquette.

:) It depended on the day. Nah it depended on the level of booze in me. :D

This post has been edited by Duel: 17 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options