Duke4.net Forums: The New Design - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The New Design

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Feedback, suggestions, opinions, thoughts, criticisms, go for it! :)

Some colors need to be adjusted and some further tweaking may be necessary.

Also, I've disabled visitor messages and the whole modern system of profile viewing (as seen on the 3DR forums) due to it being more resource intensive, but if you guys really like them, we might bring them back. Let us know.

Another thing--we can install additional languages on the forum if there's enough demand for them. We used to have French and German available on the old boards, so if you guys have use for foreign languages, speak your mind.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

It's Orgasmic!

Well.... Not really.... But it is AWESOME.
Great work Redsplat!

This post has been edited by zchri9: 11 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

User is offline   Havoc 05 

It's sexy.

User is offline   Kathy 

Me likes blackish theme.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

That's because your emo!
'jokes'

User is offline   Kathy 

Huh? What makes you think that? :)

When I came on here just now, I was thinking what the fuck happened here.
However, I do like the new design better than the old one.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

It's really pretty, awesome colors that match imo, less of the yellowy colors as well, more darkness, and finally, WIDE forum boards... The tight-ass looking forum we had earlier was annoying for me to look at...

Gotta love the header graphics, the pigcop looks great up there...

Absolutely love the place now, it's appealing to look at with the new added WIDE forum layout, and i think that might even have been one of the reasons why many who joined aren't really staying around...

User is offline   Eclipse 

Gotta agree with everyone else, the design is great. Nice work RedSplat!

User is offline   Loke 

Very sexy.

User is offline   Iggy 

View PostYatta, on Jan 11 2009, 08:24 PM, said:

Feedback, suggestions, opinions, thoughts, criticisms, go for it! :)

Some colors need to be adjusted and some further tweaking may be necessary.

Also, I've disabled visitor messages and the whole modern system of profile viewing (as seen on the 3DR forums) due to it being more resource intensive, but if you guys really like them, we might bring them back. Let us know.

Another thing--we can install additional languages on the forum if there's enough demand for them. We used to have French and German available on the old boards, so if you guys have use for foreign languages, speak your mind.

Much better, although the Quick Access menu on the posting page in Firefox doesn't seem to be displayed properly.

I love this. Great work RedSplat.

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

View PostIggy, on Jan 12 2009, 05:51 PM, said:

Much better, although the Quick Access menu on the posting page in Firefox doesn't seem to be displayed properly.

Fixed... :)

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Looks really good :) But signatures should be made shorter, and images disallowed.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postpeoplessi, on Jan 13 2009, 07:10 AM, said:

Looks really good :) But signatures should be made shorter, and images disallowed.

I agree. I changed max. signature length from 10K bytes to 5K bytes--I'll have to decrease it more if that's still too much. I also disabled BB Code which takes away images. Sigs that were created before these settings were set will have to be manually readjusted.

User is offline   Montykoro 

First i like so much the new forum... :) thx!!! it's the TRUE DNF forum... no delete...no edit...no lock... :)

Second i don't see the option of "always log" or "remember me" (cookies are on) always need to log... :D

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostMontykoro, on Jan 13 2009, 11:46 AM, said:

First i like so much the new forum... :) thx!!! it's the TRUE DNF forum... no delete...no edit...no lock... :)

Second i don't see the option of "always log" or "remember me" (cookies are on) always need to log... :D

Thanks Monty. :D

I think you're using the quick login. If you want to have the Remember Me option, you need to use this form of login:

http://img177.images...49040059ys7.jpg

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Last thing missing is the actual game this whole site is about :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Haha, Well, it's just as much about any Duke game really... :)

User is offline   Montykoro 

View PostYatta, on Jan 13 2009, 07:22 PM, said:

Thanks Monty. :)

I think you're using the quick login. If you want to have the Remember Me option, you need to use this form of login:

http://img177.images...49040059ys7.jpg

:) :D :D :D :( :(

Make my day

Gracias amigo!!!
(Thanks my friend!!!)

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

Great work, Redsplat!

User is offline   Delicieuxz 

The colour scheme of this forum is terrific, good job. Did you do all this, Yatta, or did someone else? Who is this Redsplat character? Anyway, most forums look tacky, this one does not. Props!

Oh, also, Yatta, did you license this forum software or was it free with your hosting subscription?

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostDelicieuxz, on May 12 2009, 08:08 AM, said:

The colour scheme of this forum is terrific, good job. Did you do all this, Yatta, or did someone else? Who is this Redsplat character?

Redsplat is one of the Admins here on Duke4.net, he created the visual layout for Duke4.net's frontpage and our forums...

His Forum Profile
Scroll up and you'll see that he even posted in this very thread ;)

User is offline   Delicieuxz 

Ah, well good job, Redsplat. Good eye for visuals.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

RedSplat did all of the graphical stuff on the forum theme, and I did a bunch of changes to the templates to sort of clean up the design and make it a little closer in look to 3DR. You guys should be noticing the forum constantly improving in minor ways for a while to come.

User is offline   Kathy 

Is there a possibility to make tiny pics of slimer egg or a pigcop depending on the post count? Of course the writing "slimer egg" should stay.

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

It's not bad.

I still have the font problem in Linux though. I'll look through the forums' CSS, it's always been a problem with IP board so I'm sure a font line somewhere is misconfigured.

User is offline   Kathy 

I hope this bit by bit changing will be over soon. Changing fonts so frequently is a no-no.

User is offline   Micki! 

Warn meter, minimized and re-located -- thanks TX \o/

I do notice some subtle changes here and there, i hope you keep it up, you can expect us to throw a word in here if there's something we like or dislike ;)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostLotan, on May 12 2009, 11:36 PM, said:

I hope this bit by bit changing will be over soon. Changing fonts so frequently is a no-no.

Whatever. Btw, who is that girl in your avatar?

Micki!: glad you like the changes, man! ;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options