Duke4.net Forums: The debut trailer has beta footage in it! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The debut trailer has beta footage in it!  "At around 0:50"

At around 0:50 in the debut trailer, duke is wearing his 2006/2007/2009 gloves, which means that not all of that trailer was from the final build. I've posted this on IGN's video of the trailer, so I thought I'd post it here too. I guess fixing up the game isn't the only thing Gearbox got lazy with.

-TZK

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 26 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

User is offline   Komenja 

That's pretty lazy of them to leave that there.

User is offline   Loke 

Seems like that part was ripped straight (but shortened) out of the original 3DR/Triptych trailer (at 1:46):

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Ugh, I forgot how synthesized and amateurish that triptych trailer's music sounded

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 11 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostKomenja, on 26 June 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

That's pretty lazy of them to leave that there.

What did you expect when they released the same trailer shown at PAX several months later as a debut trailer? Or that same demo they had on previews and at PAX.

View PostBloodshot, on 11 July 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Ugh, I forgot how synthesized and amateurish that triptych trailer's music sounded

Which was still way better than the crap used for GBX's trailers.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Gearbox Shovelware thinks everything is better with shitty dance music.

No.

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostBloodshot, on 11 July 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Well, considering it was probably made on a computer sitting next to someone's coffee machine...

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

To be fair, that's nowhere close to 3DRealms classic games, i.e. Duke 3D box has BETA footage in the back.

This post has been edited by Fox: 18 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Gearbox,

Being lazy-asses since '09.

User is offline   You 

View PostLoke, on 27 June 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Seems like that part was ripped straight (but shortened) out of the original 3DR/Triptych trailer (at 1:46):

Hold on a second, I've never seen this before, when did this appear?

User is offline   Loke 

View PostYou, on 11 August 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

Hold on a second, I've never seen this before, when did this appear?

After you finish DNF you unlock a movie section at the menu which contains this trailer. There are also some other videos including never before seen footage (as well as new screenshots from the 2001 build) of builds from 2003 and 2006.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

When the game came out, on the extras.

User is offline   You 

Don't know how I missed that. I was hoping for a leak of the preview trailer that was shown when DNF was announced. Remember someone managed to snap a picture with there phone and it was the old Duke model (this one)? I've been waiting to see that trailer for ages and I had it on my PS3 all along :P

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostYou, on 11 August 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Remember someone managed to snap a picture with there phone and it was the old Duke model (this one)? I've been waiting to see that trailer for ages and I had it on my PS3 all along :P

That trailer was actually a bit different than the one above and it was never released. It had the old Duke model scene in it, but It had the newer footage that's in the debut trailer and the text scenes were a little different.

I love how the lip animation in that scene with the old Duke model is so much better than it is in the scene with the so-called new and improved model. The old model wasn't perfect, but I still prefer it over the new one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options