Duke4.net Forums: Saints Row IV Banned in Australia - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saints Row IV Banned in Australia

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostFox, on 27 June 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

I am sorry, but that is not form of evidence. At least I tried to use some numbers to prove a point.

I can't be bothered coming up with any hard evidence, but I strongly agree with the Commander that "armed" means with any kind of weapon. On the news you hear things like "armed with a knife, baseball bat etc.." so the term certainly applies. When somebody wields a gun it's very big news in Australia, certainly murders with a gun can easily be national news.

I'm not saying there's zero illegal gun activity, it does happen occasionally (usually within bikie gangs or whatever when it does), but the fact is you just don't see anything like gun robberies on the news, certainly not on a daily basis. More like once a month or two if I had to put a number to it.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostCathy, on 27 June 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Dildo is a rape tool?

in the context of the game, it could be interpreted in that way. In and of itself, a dildo is not a rape tool, but in the game, as a weapon, the dildo shaped object (based on the description for SR4) is a rape tool. The dildo weapon in SR3 was less of that, but if I recall correctly, there is a mission where you gain an ally by rescuing him from being anally penetrated by a dildo attached to a carriage.
Any forcible sexual penetration could be defined as rape. One could rape a person with a dildo.

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 27 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Apparently sex is worse than murder.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostFox, on 27 June 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

I am sorry, but that is not form of evidence. At least I tried to use some numbers to prove a point.

robbery n. 1) the direct taking of property (including money) from a person (victim) through force, threat or intimidation. Robbery is a felony (crime punishable by a term in state or federal prison). "Armed robbery" involves the use of gun or other weapon which can do bodily harm, such as a knife or club, and under most state laws carries a stiffer penalty (longer possible term) than robbery by merely taking. 2) a term improperly used to describe thefts, including burglary (breaking and entering) and shoplifting (secret theft from the stock of a store), expressed: "We've been robbed."

This post has been edited by NZRage: 27 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 27 June 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

in the context of the game, it could be interpreted in that way. In and of itself, a dildo is not a rape tool, but in the game, as a weapon, the dildo shaped object (based on the description for SR4) is a rape tool.

Really? I though that half-meter dildo was only used as a melee weapon.

View PostFox, on 27 June 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Apparently sex is worse than murder.

It is actually debatable which is worse - rape or murder.

User is offline   Fox 

But you could always commit mass murder in the game, and all of a sudden the game is banned because of sexual content. There is something wrong with the censors, if you ask me.

This post has been edited by Fox: 27 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostCathy, on 27 June 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

I agree. But at least in the US it is clear that showing a bare female nipple is far worse than murder. :)

User is offline   X-Vector 

Not to anyone with a modicum of sanity.

User is offline   Fox 

It shouldn't. At least I don't know of a country which the sentence is higher for sexual assault than homicide.

User is offline   X-Vector 

I just looked up the maximum sentences according to Dutch law; twelve years for rape, thirty years or life for murder.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Really? I though that half-meter dildo was only used as a melee weapon.

I'm interpreting the report in the original post. Used as a melee weapon would make a lot more sense and would be FAR less offensive. Still, I never used those weapons because I didn't think they were funny. If I wanted to see a giant penis, I'd look down. :) :D

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMr.Flibble, on 28 June 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

If I wanted to see a giant penis, I'd look down. :) :D

Yep, and there it is, right in your mouth Posted Image

User is online   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 28 June 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Yep, and there it is, right in your mouth Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options