Duke4.net Forums: New Old DNF 1998 Footage - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Old DNF 1998 Footage

User is offline   Lunick 

In the short footage here there seems to be bits of slightly extended footage of the 1998 trailer.

Credits to a guy over at the Gearbox forums.

User is offline   leilei 

Those higher framerates bring out the nice func_trains and path_corner smells of 10Hz Quake2.

It's even better with SVP :lol:

also that hangar door wrecking scene is now ruined since apparently the sun flare is placed RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR!

This post has been edited by leilei: 15 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

User is offline   Gambini 

It´s funny how a bunch of more pixels or a half second longer footage makes that video very interesting. At the same time, the more is revealed, the more you realize why it has been restarted so many times.

User is offline   Kathy 

Duke is freaking fast in there. (well, compared with actual DNF that is)

This post has been edited by Cathy: 15 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I'd still love to play that bitch.

User is offline   Hank 

The video also features Diakatana, somehow I can't help Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 15 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I'm honestly shocked that this footage had been posted for almost two years before it went noticed by a Duke fanatic....are we losing our devotion or something?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostGambini, on 15 June 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

It´s funny how a bunch of more pixels or a half second longer footage makes that video very interesting. At the same time, the more is revealed, the more you realize why it has been restarted so many times.

What are you talking about? It looks fun to me.

View PostDuke Rocks, on 15 June 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

I'm honestly shocked that this footage had been posted for almost two years before it went noticed by a Duke fanatic....are we losing our devotion or something?

Not necessarily. It was probably just really obscure.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Man that game still looks great, and I hate early 3D.

User is offline   leilei 

I still find their over-elaborate lens flare system hilarious (i think it's even z reading rather than a traceline). I wonder had they gotten the game out in 98 they'd market on having the best flares ever. I think it wasn't until Battlefield 3 that DNF 98 had been truly beaten in the lens flares department. I could almost imagine the Broussard demanding for more flare so no one can notice the 10fps keyframed vertex morphing animation system, since Unreal, Turok and racing games drove everyone into a lens flare frenzy that year like an arms race for the best flares.

This post has been edited by leilei: 15 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 15 June 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

If you want my honest opinion, I couldn't care less these old DNF builds.

I think it is rare to see footage like this outside of the trailers because I don't think DNF was, at any time suitable for public viewing or reviews aside from screenshots so to get even these slight few seconds of new footage is pretty cool. I really doubt there would be any other footage of pre 2011 DNF builds out there but there still is a chance there could be but they would probably be closer to 2011 DNF.

It could also be that people didn't even notice there was something new/different in the footage like Damien_Azreal's blunder in the Gearbox thread.

Someone should make a Duke video archive like Jimmy did with the Build game screenshots because I am sure there are Duke fans out there who haven't seen stuff like the Romero interview with an old Duke build playing at the same time.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostLunick, on 15 June 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

I am sure there are Duke fans out there who haven't seen stuff like the Romero interview with an old Duke build playing at the same time.

I would love to see that. You wouldn't happen to have a link handy would you?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 15 June 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

I would love to see that. You wouldn't happen to have a link handy would you?

http://forums.duke4....564#entry126564 From the Supreme Topic Of Miscellaneous Knowledge.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostLunick, on 15 June 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

http://forums.duke4....564#entry126564 From the Supreme Topic Of Miscellaneous Knowledge.

Cheers dude!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostLunick, on 15 June 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Someone should make a Duke video archive like Jimmy did with the Build game screenshots because I am sure there are Duke fans out there who haven't seen stuff like the Romero interview with an old Duke build playing at the same time.

I'm purty sure I included that.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostJimmy, on 15 June 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

I'm purty sure I included that.

I have the memory of a goldfish.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

The voice-over says that you were supposed to be able to customize your clothing and even what sunglasses you're wearing, which would actually prevent from being blinded by explosions.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostPlagman, on 16 June 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

The voice-over says that you were supposed to be able to customize your clothing and even what sunglasses you're wearing, which would actually prevent from being blinded by explosions.

I'm sure it also made a bitchin' grilled cheese sandwich and would build you your very own sexy robot slave who would bring you plate fulls of pancakes and blow your horn like it was the trumpet signaling the end of days.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options