Duke4.net Forums: Rockman: Ban Hammer? - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rockman: Ban Hammer?

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Rockman I'm sorry it's time to go get electric shock therapy.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Ban hammer should fall, I bet NUKEMDAVE is the same person :) If they aren't, or are, well wtf still :)

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

sorry rock, but im gonna have to say, drop the hammer, but do it fast, quick and painless... can we us a shotgun?... i'll go get a shotgun.

if it go's through, i think i am going to miss davox's shit stirring posts towards rocks retarded posts though, Buddha those are hilarious.

EDIT: rofl, i just realised there's a filter on the G word. aka GO.D, wich turns into buddha, the mods here rule, hahaha. (thanx to rock obviously. it's funny how i happened to notice that in this thread specifically)

This post has been edited by Betelgeuse: 23 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

User is offline   Echo Black 

Ban him on principle. He'll just create another account, but maybe this way he'll catch the message and stop posting stupid bullshit.

This post has been edited by Echo Black: 23 December 2008 - 08:45 AM

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Yup. Needs to be done.

View PostBetelgeuse, on Dec 23 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

EDIT: rofl, i just realised there's a filter on the G word. aka GO.D, wich turns into buddha, the mods here rule, hahaha. (thanx to rock obviously. it's funny how i happened to notice that in this thread specifically)

Just for shits & giggles, maybe they'll institute a Rock filter one day out of the year. You know, like those annoying flowers Joe does every now & then, except on this day, everything you write gets turned into stuff like "wow dude, rock on dude for sure!"

This post has been edited by crunchysuperman: 23 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

• Honored Donor

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Dec 24 2008, 03:55 AM, said:

Just for shits & giggles, maybe they'll institute a Rock filter one day out of the year. You know, like those annoying flowers Joe does every now & then, except on this day, everything you write gets turned into stuff like "wow dude, rock on dude for sure!"

LOL, if it they did make such a filter but didn't turn it on until a year from now, i bet everyone would know exactly who it is supposed to be a filter from, seriously, his repetative posts are tattooed in my brain now.
we can call it the ROCKMAN'S ENTHUSED FILTER! or something :)

User is offline   Kathy 

How exactly it's DNF related? Plus, why not do it with pole?

User is offline   trackit 

yap, sorry rockman, but your trolling has crossed the line. Now you dont just annoy people with your repetitive praising but blatantly lie!

This post has been edited by trackit: 23 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

So we've got confirmation from 3DR that rockman didn't see the game, thanks. Now you can get banned rockman.

Guys, remember this dude?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=B6nn_seXN_s

He's so creepy I would say he's Rockman's brother or something.

EDIT: Holy crapness, he really is crazy!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ygK7eMcdFtk

This post has been edited by DavoX: 23 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

User is offline   Dennis 

Ban him, he is menttally not healty :)

This post has been edited by Dennis: 23 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

User is offline   Montykoro 

[Mk II]

FINISH HIM

[/Mk II]

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Maybe there are other ways to solve the problem rather than banning him. I think he will change now that the community has spoken in this thread.

I've sent him a PM.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

And if he doesn't?

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

You guys can't be serious about banning him. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're all just kidding. :) He's a positive, enthusiastic member of the community. :) Plus, he hasn't done anything wrong, so there isn't a problem anyway. I truly find it hard to believe that people would be genuinely upset about his positive attitude, or his new thread(which I thought was cool). :D

This post has been edited by ultra tree 85!: 23 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

User is offline   Echo Black 

View Postultra tree 85!, on Dec 23 2008, 09:18 PM, said:

You guys can't be serious about banning him. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're all just kidding. :) He's a positive, enthusiastic member of the community. :) Plus, he hasn't done anything wrong, so there isn't a problem anyway. I truly find it hard to believe that people would be genuinely upset about his positive attitude, or his new thread(which I thought was cool). :D

That's what I used to think, but it just seems like he's trolling these days. Isn't posting completely false information as true in order to elicit responses the very definition of trolling? And making up fanfiction on how he got showed DNF privately...The man is insane on the membrane.

---

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostEcho Black, on Dec 23 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

That's what I used to think, but it just seems like he's trolling these days. Isn't posting completely false information as true in order to elicit responses the very definition of trolling? And making up fanfiction on how he got showed DNF privately...The man is insane on the membrane.

---

I think it was an interesting story, and I don't understand why anyone would be upset about it. :) Everyone here is reacting very irrationally to this. It's not trolling. :)

• Honored Donor

View PostYatta, on Dec 24 2008, 09:37 AM, said:

Maybe there are other ways to solve the problem rather than banning him. I think he will change now that the community has spoken in this thread.

I've sent him a PM.

the yatta has spoken!

View Postultra tree 85!, on Dec 24 2008, 11:22 AM, said:

I think it was an interesting story, and I don't understand why anyone would be upset about it. :) Everyone here is reacting very irrationally to this. It's not trolling. :)

ultra tree, you make me feel guilty, but you do raise a good point, it would suck to have him banned if he was actually serious, and i guess because none of us really know who he is, or why he behaves the way he does, it is unfair ban really. It does seem like some kind of confusing troll behavior coming from him though, while being insanely head over heels for Duke. So i'll withdraw my vote and just say im neutral. null vote

If he keeps going the way he was, with his "i seen the ending" blah blah, "im better than everyone else because me and nukem dave are the biggest most loyal amd positive fans... we have seen the game" then ban away, because that really, really shits me.

User is offline   Sharpie 

It is time to go Rockman. I have had enough of some of your irrational comments on the game.

That fake DNF ending thread was a nail in the coffin for you pal.

Maybe being banned will help you get a life :)

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostDavoX, on Dec 23 2008, 02:33 PM, said:

So we've got confirmation from 3DR that rockman didn't see the game, thanks. Now you can get banned rockman.

Guys, remember this dude?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=B6nn_seXN_s

He's so creepy I would say he's Rockman's brother or something.
EDIT: Holy crapness, he really is crazy!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ygK7eMcdFtk

I can assure you that he is not Rockmx8's brother. Trust me. And no, I'm not Rockmx8. The only ones who needs to be banned here are you guys for making false accusations against him and even me.

• Honored Donor

Why do you care so much? It's after all about rockmx8, not you. A week off during this holiday season wouldn't hurt rockmx8 at all. Well deserved, since multiple times he has lied, and then lied again. It's slightly amusing, but when you try to convince people your lies are true, it's full on trolling, and trolling leads to nowhere.

The behaviour isn't one off, so a ban would be more than appropiate. The discussion hasn't have to be 100% serious - it's DNF after all - but some level of reason would be great.

Based on how he writes, I almost think that he believes in his own words.

User is offline   Lead 

Another forum I was at pretty much had a policy of nearly never banning anyone. But in extreme circumstance they'd ban them, only to cut them loose for say, 2 weeks. Then they'd remove it and after that breather see what happens.

I think it doesn't matter if you want to label it trolling or not. The normal every day posts were annoying enough, and it boiled over when he wanted to convince everyone his delusions were true. If he comes back later and wants to claim drunkenness, drugs, depression, humor, experiments or whatever I think it shouldn't matter.

User is offline   rockmx8 

:)

Banning me will NEVER happen afterall... If it does I'll be gladly martyred as one of the greatest DNF Fans that ever lived and you know it guys... So please let's just cut this out together ok? :)

All I ask is for you guys to be more courteous and positive towards DNF, because the game will most likely satisfy you all. Just watch and see soon... :D

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 23 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

User is offline   Lead 

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 24 2008, 12:14 AM, said:

Banning me will NEVER happen afterall... If it does I'll be gladly martyred as one of the greatest DNF Fans that ever lived and you know it guys...

Yeah, kinda like how Mark David Chapman is the greatest Beatles fan.

User is offline   Kathy 

I suggest moving him into a readonly zone for a several weeks. Or just stop answering to his posts.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Well, it's obvious that Yatta's pm did absolutely nothing. So, if he's not getting banned for being an obvious troll, I can at least ignore him.

Welcome to ignore land, rock!

• Honored Donor

rockmx8 is either mad OR George Broussard trolling VERY HARD, and VERY SUCCESSFULLY.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

There are currently two things that power this site:

1. Five active administrators
2. A group of people who donated money to the site

Because of that, I'm not the sole owner of this website and I should not, and therefore do not, have the last say on how every affair should be handled.

That being said, while I'm against bans in general, if the majority of our administrators and financial contributors are pushing for a ban or another form of extreme treatment, then the outcome will be out of my control.

What I'm trying to say here, Rock, is that while I am trying to fight for you, I can't do it alone if you cannot help me to help you. A few of our admins have been very concerned about this issue, and I've even received a few private messages from our financial contributors with similar complaints.

As I understand it, all that our forumers want of you is to be reasonably logical in your positivity. They also wish that you not make false claims about DNF or anything else for that matter.

I have been banned myself and I know how much it sucks, but as I said, if you wish for our administration and financial staff to give you the benefit of the doubt in regards to the "ban hammer," I highly suggest you follow this advice. :)

User is offline   rockmx8 

View PostYatta, on Dec 24 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

There are currently two things that power this site:

1. Five active administrators
2. A group of people who donated money to the site

Because of that, I'm not the sole owner of this website and I should not, and therefore do not, have the last say on how every affair should be handled.

That being said, while I'm against bans in general, if the majority of our administrators and financial contributors are pushing for a ban or another form of extreme treatment, then the outcome will be out of my control.

What I'm trying to say here, Rock, is that while I am trying to fight for you, I can't do it alone if you cannot help me to help you. A few of our admins have been very concerned about this issue, and I've even received a few private messages from our financial contributors with similar complaints.

As I understand it, all that our forumers want of you is to be reasonably logical in your positivity. They also wish that you not make false claims about DNF or anything else for that matter.

I have been banned myself and I know how much it sucks, but as I said, if you wish for our administration and financial staff to give you the benefit of the doubt in regards to the "ban hammer," I highly suggest you follow this advice. :)

Understood I will take it easy from now on, sorry if my overpowered energetic unstoppable enthusiasm got you guys upset. I apologize for my actions, I'm sorry if I made up the ending by myself to get you guys shocked that we saw it. To tell you the truth responsibly that was how I would've made the ending If I were given the power to. Well what I can tell you is that we did see the game last week and we will decide to share more with you when the time is right. Also we don't damage our bodies with bad substances like alchohol or prescription drugs, so therefore we NEVER smoked or did any drugs, we take care of ourselves by eating healthy and excercising as best as possible. So that's why we are more positive and lively than you guys and not as normal as you sorry to say.

I also want to apologize for using the word you guys fear or have forgotten when talking, yes that word is Buddha now I use the word Lord here... Since Yatta modified the word to Buddha everytime I say Lord. Come on guys I'm not trying to preach to no one, you can believe whatever you like seriously. I use the word Lord when I need to, yes sometimes I do use it more than often. Still yet what's so bad about using Lord in sentences? Are we as a society becoming Godless? If so, then why? How can you deny Lord? Even Buddha himself was searching for answers in his life as to who created all this and when he found out it was the Lord of all things. The Lord of All took him into the heavens after his spiritual enlightenment journey was complete. Believe it or not, the Lord is there.

Ok anyways If you don't want me to say Buddha or Lord, fine then I will use it 75% less only because of people as you. As long as we can talk about DNF as best as we can in a peaceful intelligent manner then that is what matters you know. All right then I agree to change, however please try to be more positive towards DNF when you can because it REALLY will please you as it did to us when we saw it last week exlcusively in secret.

P.S. I plan on donating a generous amount of $$$ to keep this website running afterall my shenanigans here. I will help out here regardless, banning me or anyone else as me shouldn't be an option. We're supposed to be better than the 3DR forums, by being less stricter of course.

If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, so please let's just work out our differences here for the better fair enough ok dudes... :)

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 24 December 2008 - 05:36 PM

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Other than when you just said (Bold text):

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 25 2008, 02:26 AM, said:

Also we don't damage our bodies with bad substances like alchohol or prescription drugs, so therefore we NEVER smoked or did any drugs, we take care of ourselves by eating healthy and excercising as best as possible. So that's why we are more positive and lively than you guys and not as normal as you sorry to say.

- which sounds like you're implying we are being unhealthy, causing us to "react" as we do, is just wrong...

And also:

If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, so please let's just work out our differences here for the better fair enough ok dudes... :)

Which sounded like, a threat...

Other than this, i'm pretty ok with you toning down from now...
Please understand that we decide this for being the best of ALL the community here... I don't want the possibility of (hypothetically speaking) 10 fans here to leave because one person gets on their nerves (-admins included)...

So yeah... Like you said there, let's work out our differences, especially that of which the majority here clearly asked for to be worked on... :)

And all the "lord" talk, don't take it personally... We don't hate God (haha, filter) But it's kind of over-deserved to get all religous, over a piece of electronic entertainment... Better leave it for miracles and human lives i say, that's when it seems appropriate...

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Agreed with Micki 100%.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options