Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem - The official movie thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem - The official movie thread

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was very silent in the last 1,5 years...but now I found something interesting which hopefully is news to you.
The Duke Nukem movie finally has an IMDb.com entry (with a semi-pro picture too)

http://www.imdb.com/...1122/?ref_=sr_1

If anyone has an IMDb pro access that would be great! ;)

Can't wait for the movie and Duke Begins of course! :P

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Looks like Sandman to me. I hope it's real. About damn time!

User is offline   Komenja 

Sweeeet. Hope the guy can pull off a good Duke impression. He's got the face down to a T by the looks of it.

Symmetrical edit:
Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

That guy's face instantly makes me think like someone who would play a Parody XXX film like other games/movies have gotten.

The forehead is what's throwing his looks off. It's too tall. If you scroll down where you can't see his forehead, he looks really accurate.

Edit: I believe this turned out to be a false alarm. Looks like we've got our hopes up for nothing, Jobi. ;)

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 31 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostMicky C, on 30 May 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

That guy's face instantly makes me think like someone who would play a Parody XXX film like other games/movies have gotten.

Already happened...

Posted Image

User is offline   Komenja 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 30 May 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Edit: I believe this turned out to be a false alarm. Looks like we've got our hopes up for nothing, Jobi. :lol:

Awwww.

IMDb Pro says it's produced by Scott Faye, who also was involved in Max Payne. He announced his interest in 2008.

User is offline   DaveyDoomsday 

• Interceptor PR

THERE IS ONLY ONE CHOICE FOR THE LEAD IN THIS FILM:

http://interceptor-e...shadow-fred.jpg

:lol:

I'm only 21, but people say I make a good Duke.

Attached Image: Me.jpg

User is offline   Lunick 

No.

Okie dokie. I'll just keep the looks and this voice worth 5+ years of practice to myself then:

I was actually asked by someone on YouTube to be the voice in their mod. The person is a known member here, I believe.

User is offline   Ronin 

I hope you are joking.

You kind of look like Biff Tannen from Back to the Future, butthead.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 01 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Now I know why anonymity on the Internet is encouraged.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

We all know Jimmy is the perfect Duke Nukem. Oh and we could get TX to play Dr. Proton and then ..... Nukem Dave..... Bombshell.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 01 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I've come here to chew ass and kick bubble gum.... and I'm all out of ass.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Hahaha! The positive reception Nukem Dave gets with his videos on Facebook made him a little too confident posting that.

I already expected this. And yeah, maybe I am serious. It'll probably be another 10 years before the movie happens anyway. Maybe by then I'll be suitable for the role or some other fan will step up. It wouldn't be such a bad thing having a fan of Duke be Duke. Karl Urban was a fan of Judge Dredd and he ended up being Dredd. Wouldn't you rather see someone who's familiar with the character get it?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 01 June 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I already expected this. And yeah, maybe I am serious. It'll probably be another 10 years before the movie happens anyway. Maybe by then I'll be suitable for the role or some other fan will step up. It wouldn't be such a bad thing having a fan of Duke be Duke. Karl Urban was a fan of Judge Dredd and he ended up being Dredd. Wouldn't you rather see someone who's familiar with the character get it?

The difference is Carl Urban wasn't picked off some Dredd forum, he actually is a known actor.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, you will remain NUKEMDAVE and that should suffice.

All is not lost though, if someone makes a movie about NUKEMDAVE, you might get the part but you would be up against Thomas F. Wilson (Biff Tannen).

This post has been edited by Ronan: 01 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

It's becoming more common for musicians and actors to be picked off the internet, though. It's not impossible. I heard that they want an older Duke, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I wouldn't be ready for the role yet if there was a chance, but I'd be willing to work hard to prepare for it if I did happen to be approached about it.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 01 June 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

. I heard that they want an older Duke, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I wouldn't be ready for the role yet if there was a chance, but I'd be willing to work hard to prepare for it if I did happen to be approached about it.

Yes it's the age difference that would stop you getting the role, not that they would probably want some established badass like Dolph Lundgren.

What would you do to work hard for the role?

I think the only director who could make a good Duke Nukem movie would be Robert Rodriguez.

Loads of actors could play Duke, even Karl Urban.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 01 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

They'd probably want me to gain a little more muscle. That wouldn't be a problem. I've dropped alot of weight the past one and a half years and started taking supplements. I'm in good shape as far as health goes.

I think lip syncing could work well with me, too. I'm pretty good at pronouncing words just like Jon St. John does.

• "Dick Nasty"

You guys are being way too hard on NUKEMDAVE. If it weren't for his (lack of) age he could be a serious contender for the title role. Perhaps a younger, less buff Duke in flashback scenes??

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 01 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

No........ that is all.

It's not impossible to make a young person look older. There would be a downside to both a young Duke and an old Duke. A young Duke would be young, and if they happened to get Dolph Lundgren, who's already 50+ years old, that doesn't leave much room for sequels. He'd be getting pretty old by the time a sequel came around as slow as they've been so far.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I lost it at the end of NUKEMDAVE's video. "As you know, I prefer a cigar, and a bad woman" lawl

Start small Dave. Get yourself into some small movie roles (like "bartender #1", "street-thug #2", etc.) and as you gain higher ranks in the movie industry, surely they'll see your Duke-impersonating talents and you'll be offered the leading role in a blockbuster Duke Nukem film. You can do it! I BELIEVE IN NUKEMDAVE!

• "Dick Nasty"

I'd love to see a movie chronicling Duke's early years...and possibly even before. We've never received any sort of background info on Duke's parents, upbringing, childhood, etc...

For someone to put all this into a well-written script it would be quite a challenge, but the end results could be spectacular, imho.

At last we'd get to see Duke come "alive" and no longer be this rather one-dimensional killing machine. I know that Duke being what he is is part of his appeal, but I honestly believe that at this point Duke could benefit from evolving(at least a little bit) and becoming more of a "real" person with thoughts, feelings, emotions, and a history.

Just my two cents.

They're already aware of me. One person involved is, at least.

I have a feeling the movie won't be as huge as some may think it will be. I'm thinking a Syfy original movie more than likely. I think Scott Miller has been involved with some Syfy movies, so yeah.

Edit: Who knows, filming of the movie could already be going on. Sandman has already tried out for it as you can see below:

I like how "FAN FILM" was added to the titles of those videos after I started showing people.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 01 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 01 June 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

At last we'd get to see Duke come "alive" and no longer be this rather one-dimensional killing machine. I know that Duke being what he is is part of his appeal, but I honestly believe that at this point Duke could benefit from evolving(at least a little bit) and becoming more of a "real" person with thoughts, feelings, emotions, and a history.

No, that's a terrible idea. At this point I hope a Duke Nukem movie never gets made, the poor man need no further embarrassment.

I have no doubt they would fuck it up, I don't want to see movie with NUKEMDAVE walking around putting out a forced Duke persona, getting all emotional about personal issues.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options