Duke4.net Forums: 1up Preview Conspiracy Theory - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1up Preview Conspiracy Theory

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 30 2008, 05:42 AM, said:

Even the new 3DR logo seems to hint a final countdown!

You are, of course, aware of Joe's holiday submission thread? You know, where the USERS submit holiday logos?

User is offline   mielpops 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 30 2008, 11:42 AM, said:

Even the new 3DR logo seems to hint a final countdown! So, I guess DNF will be the Jan. 1st 1UP preview. It would make sense to put DNF last on the list since it's the most highly anticipated game.

But, sorry to be negative here :

- There was no clear mention of the 1up preview, except that piece of paper of GB's trash, extrapolated to "there will be a 1up preview". You know what? My first read was Delta Up Pre...cision, and I was thinking of something related to the camera movements fine tuning... :)

- The countdown logo, IMHO, is related to the new year countdown and has nothing to do with DNF. We had a wallpaper, let's respect the "media" release pace and wait 4-6 months for anything new

- There are 3 missing games on the 2009 list right now, and I guess that Starcraft 2 and Alan Wake are strong candidates, even if AW is still not officially announced. I seriously doubt of DNF being the 3rd one. Maybe Project Offset ? (since Larrabee is expected to hit the shelves in late 2009 - early 2010 and PO should be Larrabee's killerapp)

BTW guys, what's your guess for 1up's list last games ?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Rage, possible shogo 2, alan wake, doom 4, starcraft 2. More and more games that have nothing to do with dnf can be candidates.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Seeing Shogo 2 would be quite a pleasant surprise, would love to see that one over at 1up...

User is offline   Echo Black 

Shit, sometimes I forget about Alan Wake. That game is going to seriously rock.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Dec 30 2008, 07:39 AM, said:

You are, of course, aware of Joe's holiday submission thread? You know, where the USERS submit holiday logos?

Yeah, I know. Big deal. 3DR could've privately contacted people over there to request them to make that countdown logo. How many times in the past has 3DR made such a big deal about New Years?

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 30 2008, 06:58 PM, said:

3DR could've privately contacted people over there to request them to make that countdown logo.

There seems to be a problem with your tin foil hat dude. Might wanna get that looked at.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Ok, starcraft 2 out of the list. We know it's not the final one now, which one is it going to be? :)

Also, where does it state that there will be a jan 1 preview? There's only one thumbnail left and that is for tomorrow.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I can see three thumbnails left DavoX.
30th, 31st, Jan 1st.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well you must be looking at it with two closed eyes. Because the 30th is starcraft 2.

Posted Image

Hmmm so they cancelled one game?

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

http://img126.images...=rahahahqx3.png

am i the only one who sees that?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Refresh your browser dude...or clear cache. Because the 30th is obviously SC2 as it's missing from your pic.

I'm really worried that IF it was DNF, maybe george went again and said "oh wait...we're not ready yet, don't show DNF".

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I deleted all the history and refreshed the page and i still cant see the 30th.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Go to the 1up preview thread at 3DR and you'll see I'm not the only one
it's something wrong in your browser dude.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I tried in Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox.
I get the same page.

View PostDavoX, on Dec 31 2008, 01:47 AM, said:

Ok, starcraft 2 out of the list. We know it's not the final one now, which one is it going to be? :)

Also, where does it state that there will be a jan 1 preview? There's only one thumbnail left and that is for tomorrow.

Alan Wake, most probably.

A couple of hours ago they had a thumbnail for 1st Jan preview, but it was suddenly removed...

Last chance of this DNF 1up pre... before 2009 will soon get back into the void of the wid.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

It's the 31st here, Australia should be able to see the December 31st preview NOW!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

:hugefacepalm:

View PostDavoX, on Dec 31 2008, 02:10 AM, said:

Go to the 1up preview thread at 3DR and you'll see I'm not the only one
it's something wrong in your browser dude.

Err... do you have a link to this thread ? I don't see anything in the 3dr forums... (what is it? the revenge of the proxies ?)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

It's not on the DNF section, check under other games.

Hahaha now starcraft 2's preview is deleted...WTF is going on!!!

User is offline   Sharpie 

View Postzchri9, on Dec 30 2008, 05:23 PM, said:

It's the 31st here, Australia should be able to see the December 31st preview NOW!

Haha. I am with you pal. I am from Australia as well and I know the 30th is Starcraft 2, it just hasn't appeared as an icon yet.

Posted Image

I have refreshed the page, cleared cache, history etc and that is what I see.

Maybe it is an issue with Australians? I don't know. It isn't that big of a deal anyway.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

Something strange is going on...

My guess is someone fucked up and posted starcraft 2 when it was supposed to be the last one.

This post has been edited by DavoX: 30 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

View PostDavoX, on Dec 31 2008, 02:48 AM, said:

Something strange is going on...
My guess is someone fucked up and posted starcraft 2 when it was supposed to be the last one.

Everything looks fine on the 1up page, at least from Switzerland. SF2 is still in for the 30th... even after a fresh browser cache clearing. Strange behavior... I guess proxies and websites servers are more to blame than timezones and browsers !

User is offline   Serge 

• Nukem de Duc pour Toujours

I got problems with that page too.
Since 1 week, everytime they post a new preview, it disappears several hours later and reappears the next day.

View PostDavoX, on Dec 30 2008, 09:47 PM, said:

It's not on the DNF section, check under other games.

Hahaha now starcraft 2's preview is deleted...WTF is going on!!!

Smells like something that is DNF related to me! We'll know for sure pretty soon though. :)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Not really, someone said that it's been happening for a while.

Now the starcraft 2 preview is accesible even for people who can't see it in the list:

http://www.1up.com/d...cId=3172090&p=1

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDavoX, on Dec 31 2008, 04:06 AM, said:

I'm really worried that IF it was DNF, maybe george went again and said "oh wait...we're not ready yet, don't show DNF".

That would be HIGHLY unprofessional. Plus I'm sure with it being the press preview, 1Up wasn't signing any really tight not disclosure things. So, since they saw it, they can say whatever they want except maybe some story spoilers or something like that.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

now in Australia you can see the December 30th preview is Starcraft 2.

Now the 1st of January one has dissapeared..

View Postzchri9, on Dec 30 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

now in Australia you can see the December 30th preview is Starcraft 2.

Now the 1st of January one has dissapeared..

It's been disappearing and reappearing for me.

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

i saw jan 1st but it's gone, maybe they got rid of it because it's not part of december? *shrugs*

i don't think it will be DNF. But it would be nice if it was.

EDIT: it also says "25 of the most anticipated video games of 2009" and having the 1st made it 26. they probably realised that and made it disappear?

This post has been edited by Betelgeuse: 30 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options