Duke4.net Forums: 1up Preview Conspiracy Theory - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1up Preview Conspiracy Theory

User is offline   Lead 

My thoughts would be that because of what happens when even tiny bits of info come out about DNF, that if they had a preview of one of the more elusive games press-wise that DNF would be the very last game on their list.

I mean, a lot of their previews in that list might be "exclusive" in some manner, they are games that have already been seen elsewhere while DNF hasn't been shown anywhere. So if they showed DNF for one of them and then had 5 or 6 more random, already seen games then it would kind of mess it up.

I wouldn't go as far as actually thinking DNF is anywhere in their list and have no interest in dumb crap like attempting to call it because wild guesses are worthless even if they end up being right. But I guess I just mean that if you are really curious about checking for DNF on their countdown, I'd not really bother until Jan 1.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

But it's just text, right? that would suck bigtime.

User is offline   Sharpie 

View PostDavoX, on Dec 26 2008, 07:04 AM, said:

But it's just text, right? that would suck bigtime.

Yes but the fact DNF would be on a list of games coming out for 2009 says a lot.

I know, I know 3D Realms and their release dates are quite pathetic but we have at least seen the game in smaller forms and IMO it looks more than ready to be released in 2009.

Yes I will probably be disappointed again but I am not alone in thinking this game will be out next year.

I wonder if we will see a bloody trailer soon as well. Now is the perfect time to release one as there aren't any other major game releases around. the trailer would get the full attention it deserved.

This post has been edited by Sharpie: 26 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

User is offline   rockmx8 

View PostSharpie, on Dec 26 2008, 06:58 PM, said:

Yes but the fact DNF would be on a list of games coming out for 2009 says a lot.

I know, I know 3D Realms and their release dates are quite pathetic but we have at least seen the game in smaller forms and IMO it looks more than ready to be released in 2009.

Yes I will probably be disappointed again but I am not alone in thinking this game will be out next year.

I wonder if we will see a bloody trailer soon as well. Now is the perfect time to release one as there aren't any other major game releases around. the trailer would get the full attention it deserved.

Well you're right, but even if we don't see no 1up Preview... They can still turn the tide by releasing a Trailer next year a few months before DNF releases in that same year with DNT... :)

Trust me, that is just what they seem to be planning and more for next year, if not this year. Next year will be the goldmine for DNF media and release, heed my words and fear the wrath of DNF coming finally.

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 26 December 2008 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Maybe DNF will be the Dec 29/08 unveiling at 1UP because 3DR should be back at work on that day so George can answer questions on Shacknews, etc.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

What I'm really scared is...maybe they are waiting for the people to actually play DNT first..... :HUGEFACEPALM:

User is offline   Kathy 

So, you think that they should release DNT so that people would be more DNF-aware? I say release DNF and after month make money with DNT as people would like to play that aswell. If DNF will be great of course.

View PostLotan, on Dec 27 2008, 01:41 AM, said:

So, you think that they should release DNT so that people would be more DNF-aware? I say release DNF and after month make money with DNT as people would like to play that aswell. If DNF will be great of course.

I think Duke3D for XBLA was to make people DNF-aware. There's really no relation between Duke Nukem Trilogy and 3D Realms. 3DR is probably supervising the project, but other than that, I don't think they're really that involved. DNF will come "when it's done", regardless of DNT. I'm sure they have a plan to get people DNF-aware. The internet, the front covers of gaming magazines, TV ads. TV ads won't come until close to release.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 27 December 2008 - 01:33 AM

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 27 2008, 04:33 AM, said:

I think Duke3D for XBLA was to make people DNF-aware. There's really no relation between Duke Nukem Trilogy and 3D Realms. 3DR is probably supervising the project, but other than that, I don't think they're really that involved. DNF will come "when it's done", regardless of DNT. I'm sure they have a plan to get people DNF-aware. The internet, the front covers of gaming magazines, TV ads. TV ads won't come until close to release.

I agree with both your posts, DNF should be out before or after DNT. Also I hope they show an Ad or Trailer for DNF in the movie theaters. I was so pissed when I went to see a movie last year and saw the Halo 3 Ad... It was Boring and not badass as Duke, besides I hate Halo. I was upset when I saw and heard some of the Master Chief Alien Ass Kicker poser possessed people cheering for it... :)

I was saying loudly but not that many people heard it...

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER, FUCK HALO... :) LOL no offense to anyone who likes Halo here!! :D

Anyways I hope to see more DNF media this year possibly before it ends, otherwise next year for sure... :D

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 27 December 2008 - 02:30 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 27 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

I agree with both your posts, DNF should be out before or after DNT. Also I hope they show an Ad or Trailer for DNF in the movie theaters. I was so pissed when I went to see a movie last year and saw the Halo 3 Ad... It was Boring and not badass as Duke, besides I hate Halo.

Yeah. They should have shown Duke Nukem Trilogy trailer. It was truly badass.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 27 December 2008 - 02:37 AM

View PostLotan, on Dec 27 2008, 05:37 AM, said:

Yeah. They should have shown Duke Nukem Trilogy trailer. It was truly badass.

Absolutely and I hope there's a 1UP preview of DNF. Otherwise next year we should be able to see more and finally play DNF. :)

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 27 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I think he was being sarcastic :)

User is offline   Montykoro 

Keep Dreaming... No 1up preview.... sorry to blow the fantasy baloon..

User is offline   Echo Black 

View PostMontykoro, on Dec 28 2008, 03:57 AM, said:

Keep Dreaming... No 1up preview.... sorry to blow the fantasy baloon..

Even a broken clock is right twice a day! We'll eventually guess it right.

This post has been edited by Echo Black: 28 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

View PostEcho Black, on Dec 28 2008, 08:39 AM, said:

Well George did write 1UP Preview in his trash notes, and he did mention all you ask for is there and coming. So I would take his word for more media coming this month otherwise next year for sure. Hopefully this month we get the 1UP Preview, better late than never.

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 29 2008, 05:51 AM, said:

Well George did write 1UP Preview in his trash notes, and he did mention all you ask for is there and coming. So I would take his word for more media coming this month otherwise next year for sure. Hopefully this month we get the 1UP Preview, better late than never.

Yeah, they said "Stay tuned" a year ago. I assume, new media indeed will be coming soon.

Wanna bet? NO media... no trailer...no 1up preview... sorry people... I big fan of duke...but 3drealms keep in the nigthmare development... they needo to set a goal.. like 4 month...and stick to that...and release...

Remember the Dallas "circus"? they said 2008 or 2009... maybe in 2009 but in september...or later

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

They don't even have to mention Duke and they get readers galore praying that it might be. Things like this are really going to suffer when (if) this game ever does come out.

View PostEcho Black, on Dec 28 2008, 11:39 AM, said:

Mmm i have a Casio G-shock...old style lcd clock... AHAHAH :)

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 29 2008, 04:51 AM, said:

1. the note said "1up pre...."
2. "all you ask for is there and coming" - could mean the game content, not necessarily a trailer
3. 1up preview is not likely to happen
4. "otherwise" "next year" "for sure" - haven't we heard that before :)

Why not just be patient and wait, sooner or later it will happen. But taking wild guesses and taking them as facts is wrong.

View Postpeoplessi, on Dec 29 2008, 06:03 PM, said:

But taking wild guesses and taking them as facts is wrong.

Who is doing that, again?

• Honored Donor

If that's a question you have to ask... well, just read the forums will ya.

View Postpeoplessi, on Dec 29 2008, 10:18 PM, said:

If that's a question you have to ask... well, just read the forums will ya.

So you're answering to things happening outside the thread? Notice this thread is about speculation on the 1up previews, and that nobody has been taking "guesses as fact" regarding this subject.

EDIT: Notice even rockman said "Hopefully this month we get the 1UP Preview, better late than never.", emphasis on the "Hopefully".

---

This post has been edited by Echo Black: 29 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

• Honored Donor

I don't get what's the problem, but seeminly there is something that is getting to you. Going specifics is unneeded, since even this very thread is a good place to find such claims.

View Postpeoplessi, on Dec 29 2008, 10:47 PM, said:

Going specifics is unneeded, since even this very thread is a good place to find such claims.

Could you show me some of these claims? I'm curious, apparently I'm going blind, as I have seen none of such. This thread is fine, it is likely it would get by even under the 3DR forum's moderation rules.

---

• Honored Donor

I'll stop it at that, useless to continue such discussion in this thread.

"So I would take his word for more media coming this month otherwise next year for sure."

That's how I read it, but again very offtopic, and that wasn't the mainpoint of my post. So I must ask why did it bother you so much that you had to start derailing the thread? :)

This post has been edited by peoplessi: 29 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

I ain't derailing anything. Mine was a honest question. And the "for sure" you bolded seems to refer to "taking his word". Not much of an example of taking guesses as fact, innit?

---

As Jace Hall would say... Come on Guys. :)

Also I feel something big coming on New Year's Day, what better way to start the new year hhahahahaahaha!! :)

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 30 2008, 06:24 AM, said:

As Jace Hall would say... Come on Guys. :)

Also I feel something big coming on New Year's Day, what better way to start the new year hhahahahaahaha!! :)

Even the new 3DR logo seems to hint a final countdown! So, I guess DNF will be the Jan. 1st 1UP preview. It would make sense to put DNF last on the list since it's the most highly anticipated game. By the way, here's what I'm listening to now:

The Final Countdown

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 30 2008, 05:42 AM, said:

Even the new 3DR logo seems to hint a final countdown! So, I guess DNF will be the Jan. 1st 1UP preview. It would make sense to put DNF last on the list since it's the most highly anticipated game. By the way, here's what I'm listening to now:

The Final Countdown

Absolutely!!

Let's get ready to Rock!! :)

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!!

Let's make the new year Rock as well by being more positive K guys?! :)

We can do it guys let's Rock!!

ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!!

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 30 December 2008 - 03:06 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options