• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1up Preview Conspiracy Theory

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

http://img241.images...57697995gr7.png

As you all may know, George Broussard posted a picture of his trash on his twitter page..

A piece of paper could be seen that has '1Up Prev...' written on it.

On 1UP everyday in December they are doing exclusive previews of games coming out in 2009.

"The Games of 2009

Before we head into 2009, we're bringing you a full month of exclusive previews on some of next year's biggest games (and a few smaller ones). It's not a comprehensive list of everything coming out in 2009, nor a list of our most anticipated games, but rather a countdown of of exclusive previews highlighting many of the year's most promising titles. We've got something new to reveal every weekday in December, so keep checking back for brand new info and must-see videos and screens all month long!"

-Taken from 1UP

Perhaps 3D Realms has an internal date sometime in 2009 for the release of Duke Nukem Forever?

or perhaps George thought this would be another great opportunity to tease Duke Nukem Fans?

Discuss the conspiracy theorie in here...

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I'm hoping the 1UP preview theory is true! There's just one thing I'm still wondering about...where's the 12/16/08 date? I looked all over that image and even run it through some enhancements and I cannot find it. It was either made up or I'm just overlooking it.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

I don't think that note refers to any DNF preview, if you ask me.

It doesn't even reads "1UP prev" to me, it could mean anything: "1up pr", "Tup pne", etc.

Whatever your opinion is, I'm not counting on it being related to DNF.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 12 2008, 10:07 AM, said:

I'm hoping the 1UP preview theory is true! There's just one thing I'm still wondering about...where's the 12/16/08 date? I looked all over that image and even run it through some enhancements and I cannot find it. It was either made up or I'm just overlooking it.

dont trust the date....the one who said this asked Joe when the 3DR christmas party takes place, it's tomorrow and then the guy concluded that it will be the 16th december when something is revealed. If I remember correctly the date was not in connection with the 1up preview but with George showing the stuff they maybe saw themself on their party.

But I think we will see this weekend or on monday something related to their party...maybe even something about DNF. :)

The 1up preview can be on any date from now to January 1th. But it would be likely to release it from now up to christmas.

This post has been edited by Jobi-Wan Kenobi: 12 December 2008 - 03:19 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

THE 16 DATE WAS A JOKE PEOPLE, DAMN IT!! READ THE POSTS AT 3DR AT LEAST!

User is offline   rockmx8 

View PostDavoX, on Dec 12 2008, 05:18 PM, said:

THE 16 DATE WAS A JOKE PEOPLE, DAMN IT!! READ THE POSTS AT 3DR AT LEAST!

Well then let's see what we get until the 19th.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Thanks, another misterious date....:facepalm:

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

rockmx8 is inside of the 3D Realms "trust circle" :) He knows.

View Postpeoplessi, on Dec 13 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

rockmx8 is inside of the 3D Realms "trust circle" :) He knows.

So am I! LOL!

User is offline   Dennis 

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 13 2008, 08:12 AM, said:

Well then let's see what we get until the 19th.

What do you mean by that ?

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 14 2008, 06:09 AM, said:

So am I! LOL!

Indeed... :)

View PostDennis, on Dec 14 2008, 06:32 AM, said:

What do you mean by that ?

Well let's see what we get by the 19th or Christmas, please 3DR give us something this month other than some wrapping paper screenshot!! :)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

He's asking why you point out that spicific date... why not the 18'th, 17'th, or 31'st..?

Is there anything special about the 19'th that makes it more special than any other day..? if so, is it realistic to look forward to that more than on the 24'th or 25'th..?

If not, then you shouldn't mention spicific dates, it confuses people, makes us think there's something about that date that we should know...

[edit:]just got to my attention, that it's the date where the teaser was first shown...
But you know, it's not like this magic date has made some sort of status of being the "one years anniversary of the first officially created footage of the game"...

Well, it may have... But a christmas present any date this month would really do...

User is offline   Kathy 

32nd of December!

View PostMicki!, on Dec 15 2008, 11:35 AM, said:

He's asking why you point out that spicific date... why not the 18'th, 17'th, or 31'st..?

Is there anything special about the 19'th that makes it more special than any other day..? if so, is it realistic to look forward to that more than on the 24'th or 25'th..?

If not, then you shouldn't mention spicific dates, it confuses people, makes us think there's something about that date that we should know...

[edit:]just got to my attention, that it's the date where the teaser was first shown...
But you know, it's not like this magic date has made some sort of status of being the "one years anniversary of the first officially created footage of the game"...

Well, it may have... But a christmas present any date this month would really do...

No problem I understand, well simply let's see what they show us this month or by January 1st at worst. I hope we get something by the 26TH, please 3DR give us the promised media already and start giving us Daily DNF updates all the way until you release the game next year most certainly!!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

My guess is they want to surpass "Chinese demotracy's" development time, if they already have a playable game and want to do that...then that would be completely idiotic.

Well George did say recently All you ask for is there and coming. So if it's there, then that could "MAYBE" mean that the 1UP preview for DNF is coming this Christmas hopefully in my guess.

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 20 December 2008 - 07:14 PM

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Now it's a guess :) Last time you knew... or you thought you knew.

View Postpeoplessi, on Dec 20 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

Now it's a guess :) Last time you knew... or you thought you knew.

Well sorry dude but hopefully this time I hope I'm right... :)

This post has been edited by rockmx8: 20 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kph9kMMDA...feature=related

IGN seems to be somewhat more positive about DNF now, after that new screen showed off recently.

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 21 2008, 12:39 AM, said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kph9kMMDA...feature=related

IGN seems to be somewhat more positive about DNF now, after that new screen showed off recently.

I seen that video earlier. I wonder how he knows it's coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360?

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 21 2008, 02:12 AM, said:

I seen that video earlier. I wonder how he knows it's coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360?

Indeed now that's interesting, well most likely the game will hit those 3 next year hopefully at the same time.

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 21 2008, 05:59 AM, said:

Well George did say recently All you ask for is there and coming.

"Stay tuned"?

This post has been edited by Lotan: 21 December 2008 - 01:17 AM

User is offline   flarty 

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 21 2008, 08:52 AM, said:

Indeed now that's interesting, well most likely the game will hit those 3 next year hopefully at the same time.

Or maybe he doesnt and is talking out of his anus.

User is offline   Havoc 05 

We're all talking out of our butt-holes because no-one knows for sure about anything. A preview would be nice but I would never get my hopes up, especially for a scrap of paper that says nothing.

View PostHavoc 05, on Dec 21 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

especially for a scrap of paper that says nothing.

Quoted for teh win.

Finally somebody got it right.

This post has been edited by Psyrgery: 21 December 2008 - 09:43 AM

Maybe something today, keep watching 1up.

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 21 2008, 04:52 AM, said:

DNF was labeled as a PC and Xbox 360 game in the Gamasutra ads. Plus, Joe said Duke3D for XBLA was sort of an experiment for DNF, so we know for sure they're planning a 360 release. Probably PS3 as well, but I'll prefer the PC or 360 port. :)

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 25 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

Maybe something today, keep watching 1up.

WTF? They didn't reveal the mystery game for Dec. 25.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Dec 26 2008, 09:48 AM, said:

WTF? They didn't reveal the mystery game for Dec. 25.

My bet goes for Ghostbusters

View PostPsyrgery, on Dec 26 2008, 10:46 AM, said:

My bet goes for Ghostbusters

I lost. It's Darwinia.

There are 5 games left, and one of them is Ghostbusters the Game for sure. Another one can possibly be Tekken 6, and I've got no idea of the 3 remaning.
Maybe Street Fighter 4

¿Rage?
¿Halo Spin-off?

Time will tell, i guess.

This post has been edited by Psyrgery: 26 December 2008 - 04:39 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options