Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and other game soundtrack bundle. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and other game soundtrack bundle.

User is offline   Lunick 

http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/

Some pretty sweet tunes here!

$1 for:
7/11: 7th Guest and 11th Hour Original Soundtrack
Duke Nukem 3D: Original Soundtrack (Currently Unavailable)
Myst : The Soundtrack
Jazz Jackrabbit 1 & 2
Tyrian (this one is free anyway)

$10 for:
NUKEM: Duke 3D Remixes (Currently Unavailable)
Shadow Warrior: Original Soundtrack
Duke Nukem II: Original Soundtrack (Currently Unavailable)
Wacky Wheels: Original Soundtrack
Major Stryker: Original Soundtrack (Currently Unavailable)
Stargunner: Original Soundtrack
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure: Original Soundtrack (Currently Unavailable)
Jazz Jackrabbit 3
Double Dragon Neon
Alter Ego Dreamwalker OST
Edge
Magnetis - Original Game Soundtrack
Lava Blade
Nimble Quest
Potato Man Seeks The Troof OST
Pixel Perfect Micro

This post has been edited by Micky C's Armpit: 30 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

"SUYT"! Take my money already!!!

Side note:
Just listened into the tunes. Pretty cool stuff actually, and the MP3s you can download are high quality, 320bps. Also, I think especially the music for Duke3D has never been released like this before, it's a new version and quite faithful to the original, too. The remixes are a nice extra if you go for the level 2 pack. A lot of nice music for a few bucks!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

User is offline   Komenja 

Man, that's a great deal. Definitely buying the level 1 pack at least.

the remix album has quite alot of fantastic tracks (though I could have stood to do without Virt suddenly deciding to do dubstep in track one honestly.) the Dukeburger remix is absolutely fantastic and really fits the mood of the original well and really compliments the melodies quite well

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 24 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Seems like someone is causing troubles with he bundle, Duke Nukem 3D, Duke Nukem II, Major Stryker, Cosmo’s Cosmic Adventure, and the NUKEM 3D: Remixes album are currently not available. http://blog.gamemusi...-bundle-changes

Multiple people are claiming rights to songs within these albums apparently.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'd bet money that it's Bobby Prince being a dick about it.

User is offline   Komenja 

I was afraid something like this might happen. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon. I wanted to get the Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 2 soundtrack.

Edit: Derp, Shadow Warrior soundtrack is still there.

This post has been edited by Komenja: 30 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

User is offline   leilei 

There's also apparent instrumental issues with the rendering of the Duke3D music. Maybe he's pissed at the artifacts being represented as "the" soundtrack? Or, maybe there is a royalty dispute? Who knows.

This post has been edited by leilei: 30 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

User is offline   Nukeaholic 

View PostKomenja, on 30 May 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

I was afraid something like this might happen. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon. I wanted to get the Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 2 soundtrack. Edit: Derp, Shadow Warrior soundtrack is still there.

Get DN1 & 2 from GOG it comes with DN 2 soundtrack. Just another alternate way of getting it, just thought to let you know if you wanted it.

View PostTerminX, on 30 May 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

I'd bet money that it's Bobby Prince being a dick about it.

The same Bobby Prince that ripped off Alice in Chains, Slayer, Pantera, and others for the Doom 1 & 2 soundtracks he's made. What a hypocrite!

Anyways at long last, I got Jazz Jackrabbit 1 & 2 soundtrack. Those were kinda hard to find!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Lee Jackson was such a better composer than Bobby Prince. His music for Duke was so much more complex and stylized. If Lee isn't claiming anything over this stuff, Bobby shouldn't either.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostDustFalcon85, on 31 May 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

The same Bobby Prince that ripped off Alice in Chains, Slayer, Pantera, and others for the Doom 1 & 2 soundtracks he's made. What a hypocrite!

No, you don't understand.
When an amateur musician does that, it's a rip-off.
When a professional musician does that, it's an homage or a tribute.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 31 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

• el fundador

Bobby Prince is a lawyer and knew just how much he could lift from 80's and 90's metal without getting in trouble.

Bobby Prince is a lawyer and knows just how much of a dick he can be when anyone attempts to rearrange or remix his work.

It's really a shame. For anyone wondering, I didn't just come up with "Bobby Prince is probably being a dick about it" out of thin air... they wanted to do a new version of the Duke Nukem II theme for the iOS version, but were forced to just do a completely new song because he refused to allow it. It can't be coincidence that Duke Nukem II is one of the affected titles in this soundtrack bundle. He's the only one who did music for that game as far as I know.

But, who knows what reasons he might have for not wanting to deal with them. If they treated him anything like they've treated a lot of the other people who worked on these games it's probably warranted.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostTerminX, on 31 May 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

It's really a shame. For anyone wondering, I didn't just come up with "Bobby Prince is probably being a dick about it" out of thin air... they wanted to do a new version of the Duke Nukem II theme for the iOS version, but were forced to just do a completely new song because he refused to allow it.

Can musician deny making a cover version?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I don't think so, but they can demand compensation.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Bobby Prince is a lawyer? Well that explains it. People who have made it through law school are normally well-rounded in many activities. No wonder he made it as a half-decent music composer as a side career.

• el fundador

There's a legal hiccup where you're only allowed to do covers without permission if it was released as a standalone work (or something of that nature). Unfortunately, the inclusion of the music in the games doesn't seem to meet the criteria. If it did, it would be as simple as getting a compulsory mechanical license to it from someone like the Harry Fox Agency (who handles paying the artist what they might be owed for the work). It's a pretty lame situation, and it's the same with the songs in DOOM.

Well fortunately. I got the Duke Nukem 2, 3D, Remixes, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure before they've been removed except Major Stryker. Should've downloaded that album. Mr. Prince needs to loosen up and stop being a greedy prick.

EDIT: Is the Major Stryker OST any good? IMHO. I think America's copyright laws needs to be toned down a little. People are being way too greedy nowadays.

UPDATE: I managed to downloaded the Major Stryker soundtrack by using the unique ID code link or whatever it is in my email. Lucky me that I put $10.00 before those soundtracks where removed. It's like GOG.com removed XIII due to a license expiration and people who downloaded that game before it got removed can still download it. Bobby Prince eat your heart out! :lol:

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 30 May 2016 - 05:22 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

That Nukem remix album is awesome, too bad it's caught up in this legal bullshit so it can't be downloaded anymore. Anyways after playing Shadow Warrior over the weekend with the proper music, I realised it's soundtrack is pretty damn great. It's mostly atmospheric, but it's still really great and Lee Jackson knew what he was doing with it.

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 31 May 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

[...] Anyways at long last, I got Jazz Jackrabbit 1 & 2 soundtrack. Those were kinda hard to find!

I downloaded the original tracked music files from MIRSOFT years ago.

http://www.mirsoft.i...php?id_ele=NTc2

http://www.mirsoft.i...php?id_ele=NTc1

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 13 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

User is offline   leilei 

Those converted S3Ms have errors.

You could also just use foo_dumb with foobar2000 and directly load all those PSMs from the actual games into your playlist :lol:

This post has been edited by leilei: 14 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

So I know we still don't have a clear answer as to what happened (although TX made it pretty obvious) Lee Jackson posted an iTunes link on Facebook which links to Bobby's Major Stryker soundtrack. https://itunes.apple...?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

The music sounds different than when it was included in the Retro Music Bundle and some of the tracks have different names too. I also noticed that the Apogee Fanfare is missing but there is a track Takin' It Easy that wasn't included in the bundle before.

He also has In Hiding from Duke 3D on iTunes that goes for 6 minutes...

This post has been edited by Lunick: 14 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options