Duke4.net Forums: Mortal Kombat 9 officially announced for PC! - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mortal Kombat 9 officially announced for PC!

User is offline   LAW 

View PostTetsuo, on 21 April 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

From best to worst in how close they are to the original arcade version I'd rank them..

1) MAME
2) MKAK
3) MK Trilogy Windows
4) MK1 in MK Duo pack
5) Older DOS Versions
6) SNES and Genesis version

I like the PSX port of MK2 and Midway Arcade Treasures 2 versions.

This post has been edited by LAW: 26 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

If you are a fan of Mk1 Mk2 and Mk3 you might want to check this http://www.trmk.org/...emix-with-MUGEN topic where a bunch of extremely talented guys are working their asses since 2011 to painstakingly 3d model all of the mortal kombat 1 characters based on it's actors and it's low res sprites and then animate them and lastly turn the animated 3d models into new high res sprites.
They are also remaking the character select screen and the levels + remastered music and sfx all for MUGEN.
Here's an example of a remade scorpion sprite from mk3
Posted Image
And here is a wip video of the Mk1 scorpion and Mk1 subzero running in mugen already with quite a few animations done already.

And here's a remade level with both SubZero and Cage remade by this guy
Cage is still wip.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 26 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I've been following that project for a while and even contributed a little work to the MK1 project (did some edits to the palace guard sprites for them). They are doing a great job.... For a while I almost thought it was going to be the only new'ish MK related project to look forward to on the PC. That was before they announced MK9 for the PC of course.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Ooooo! Very nice! Amazing work they've done!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Am i the only one hypnotized by the bobbing?

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 26 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'll pick this up if it's a good port with decent netcode. I can't wait for the Mods.

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

Im not at all a fan of MK on PC. I've been a fan of the series as long as I can remember, but I'm hesitant about the whole PC port idea. Still the above videos and pics that Mr. Deviance posted are fantastic and incredibly well done. Credit where credit is due, whoever made those gets 2 thumbs up. ;)

View PostDuel, on 27 May 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Im not at all a fan of MK on PC. I've been a fan of the series as long as I can remember, but I'm hesitant about the whole PC port idea. Still the above videos and pics that Mr. Deviance posted are fantastic and incredibly well done. Credit where credit is due, whoever made those gets 2 thumbs up. ;)

Mk on pc can work as any other game works on pc. And if the keyboard bothers you, just play it with the 360 gamepad.
What's the problem?
It's the exact same game with the exact same controller you get on the 360 itself and most likely with antialiasing and a higher resolution than on the console itself.
So why is playing it on the pc a problem?
As a guy that played mk in the arcades, on the geneis, on pc and on the ps1 A LOT, I can say that I really had no problem developing skills while playing mk games with the keyboard arrows and the group of 6 buttons above the arrows ins(hp), del(lp) home(hk), end(lk) page, up(block), page down(run).
I played mk1, mk2, mk3 and mk4 with that keyboard combination so many times and it was enjoyable as hell.
Surely when you want to play against a friend, the keyboard becomes a bad option but that's why any gamer that respects himself has at least one or two 360 gamepads at his pc.
I personally have 2 360 gamepads and 1 ps3 gamepad and I am very happy with all of them.
I use them when I play arcade racing games or platformers and for games that don't really require the precision of a mouse aim.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 27 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

MK is actually more suited for keyboard play than other fighting games because it doesn't tend to rely on circle motions for the moves. Instead it mainly relies upon tapping motions which translate well to directional keys just as well as a directional pad on a gamepad. On the other hand, my personal preference is still an arcade stick. But that's just it.. it's a personal preference.

For a while I played MK1 PC with the keyboard and used to use the number pad for the attack buttons. It gave me sort of a different perspective on the game playing it with directional keys which actually improved my skills in that game some.

In case you're wondering the layout to best simulate the arcade layout was (on the number pad)
7 = High Punch
9 = high kick
5 = Block
1= Low Punch
3 = Low Kick
That gives the same 5 on a dice layout as the arcade.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 27 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

User is offline   blackharted3 

• Resident Dufus

View PostMr.Deviance, on 27 May 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Snip

I dunno I'm just a little unsure, I thought the 360 controller was a problem in the console version so using that with a PC wouldn't be great. But then I suppose you could use an arcade stick thingy. Oh well we'll see. ;)

This post has been edited by Duel: 27 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

They've already announced that they are supporting the MK Tournament stick which is pretty much just a 360 compatible arcade fighting stick with an MK layout as well as "other controllers". So it's probably the usual UE3 xinput type support that MK9 has.... it is UE3 after all. You could also use any type of generic controller with it.... although you may have to use x360ce to properly map the buttons.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 27 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

That remade Scorpion sprite looks really nice, and the animation in the Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero video looks very slick as well. Nice work for sure. ;)

Glad to see yet another amazing part of the PC gaming community is being recognized a bit. Mugen is a wonderful engine. It's just a shame the original developers keep leaving every few months after they "make a come back announcement."

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options