Duke4.net Forums: Operation Blitzkrieg: Polymer Edition - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Operation Blitzkrieg: Polymer Edition

This is a remake of my DN3D: Atomic Edition episode, Operation Blitzkrieg. It was meant to be released last year (as the text file will tell you!), but I got sidetracked, due to other commitments. There's nothing particularly special here, I've just replaced most of the sector based lighting with polymer type lighting, as well as Hi-Res skybox art from the Hi-Res pack. You can download it here.

Here's a link to my blog with a couple of screenshots to demonstrate what I mean:
Screenshots

This post has been edited by Dave_Billing: 18 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The lighting looks very effective in the second shot. Could use an outdoor light or two in the first though. I'll check this out later.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Lookin' pretty good, dude!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

The original download link is dead. Try this one.

User is online   Polunka 

Well, I liked the episode a lot, imo it had some kinda an odl-school vibe to it. Now I can enjoy it with Polymer on, which is great news :)
And thanks to LeoD for a working download link :P

This post has been edited by Polunka: 22 June 2016 - 02:12 AM

I played the first level, it was pretty fun actually.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

This addon will also be included in the upcoming addon compilation update. There, you will be even able to choose between the old maps and the ones for Polymer (depending on which con you choose for launching).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 June 2016 - 03:42 AM

I tried to run this but can't figure out how to make it work.

It says: Run OPPOLY.grp from its own folder within the Duke3D Directory. (this is not helpfull at all)

1. How do run a .grp? it says not associated then just plays normal duke if I associate it :P

2. Which Duke folder? Edukes or Megatons?

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 15 July 2016 - 05:31 AM

User is online   Polunka 

View PostCaptain Massive, on 15 July 2016 - 05:14 AM, said:

I tried to run this but can't figure out how to make it work.

It says: Run OPPOLY.grp from its own folder within the Duke3D Directory. (this is not helpfull at all)

1. How do run a .grp? it says not associated then just plays normal duke if I associate it :P

2. Which Duke folder? Edukes or Megatons?

Man, haven't you got rid of the problem yet? If not, what worked for me was: I just put everything into an empty folder along with eduke32.exe and a batch file to run the custom GRP.

P.S.: I'm pretty sure this won't work fully with Megaton. AFAIK, Megaton's sourceport has no Polymer support (might be wrong tho).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 15 July 2016 - 12:24 PM

View PostPolunka, on 15 July 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Man, haven't you got rid of the problem yet? If not, what worked for me was: I just put everything into an empty folder along with eduke32.exe and a batch file to run the custom GRP.

P.S.: I'm pretty sure this won't work fully with Megaton. AFAIK, Megaton's sourceport has no Polymer support (might be wrong tho).

AFAIK??? huh?

I cant find a file named batch.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

make your own batch file
open your notepad
add this line:
EDuke32.exe / OPPOLY.grp
save it (as opblitz.txt, or whatever you want.txt)
rename it from opblitz.txt to opblitz.bat
then double-click it to run it

View PostForge, on 15 July 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

make your own batch file
open your notepad
add this line:
EDuke32.exe / OPPOLY.grp
save it (as opblitz.txt, or whatever you want.txt)
rename it from opblitz.txt to opblitz.bat
then double-click it to run it

Still nothing.......... it says it worked in the dosbox but just launched eduke normaly afterwards, what am I missing here?

Got it working finnally!

Awesome, Thanks :P

This post has been edited by Captain Massive: 16 July 2016 - 01:00 AM

User is online   Polunka 

View PostCaptain Massive, on 15 July 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

Still nothing.......... it says it worked in the dosbox but just launched eduke normaly afterwards, what am I missing here?

Got it working finnally!

Awesome, Thanks :)

Sorry, I had no idea you hadn't learnt what a batch file is :P Anyways, glad you've got it working. Actually, I first intended to thoroughly explain the method of batch files' creation (like Forge did later), but then it seemed to me everyone out here should have known what a batch file is. It's kinda unfortunate I ended up being of no help.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options