Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem The Movie (2013) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem The Movie (2013)  "An official look at what could be."

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Synopsis: As an aging Duke Nukem is being mocked and ridiculed for his behavior, and the world slowly forgets about the devastating attacks that he single handedly defended it against, a new wave of destruction engulfs the planet. Duke is called back into action when the situation overwhelms the newly elected and hopelessly naive president and cripples the complacent and overly confident Earth Defense Force. With hours left before extinction and a growing force of mutations that threaten to put the human race back on the endangered species list, Duke will have to contend with new foes, and his old nemesis.
MOCK UP TRAILER

PITCH

CASTDolph Lundgren as Duke NukemSam Elliott as General GravesLena Headey as Lani VanillaFaran Tahir as Doctor ProtonChiwetel Ejiofor as The PresidentJon St John as "Radio DJ"Bill O'reilly as Himself

The voice work was done byNUKEMDAVECHADTHEVOICEOVERGUY

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 10 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Looks awesome, Dolph would be awesome for the role, if they make the movie while he's still young enough lol

User is offline   faked 

Looks the part to me. :)

I wouldn't mind if a Swedish chemical engineer was cast as Duke in a movie.

• Judge Mental

View PostKristian Joensen, on 16 April 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind if a Swedish chemical engineer was cast as Duke in a movie.

Well it's that, or one of the slew of wrestlers that have been listed off before! Posted Image

User is offline   Outtagum 

Hell yeah! Dolph has always been my ideal actor for Duke.

Posted Image

• Judge Mental

Check the first post for major updates. Stuff is finally done!

User is offline   Kathy 

"This video contains content from WWE and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds".
Nice.

• Judge Mental

View PostCathy, on 10 May 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

"This video contains content from WWE and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds".
Nice.

Is that for the second video? Damn I thought I fixed that.

User is offline   Kathy 

Yeah, that was for the second video.

User is offline   uh . . . . 

Cool. Now fund it!

• Judge Mental

The featurette/pitch has been uploaded and finally fixed.

I had to basically butcher the visual element of the pitch to get it to upload without legal issue. The important element was the audio though, so i'm not too angry about it.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View Postuh . . . ., on 10 May 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Cool. Now fund it!

The "big budget" aspect of the pitch/proposal doesn't seem very realistic.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

The Expendables is a good example you could use of a classic shoot 'em up movie that has been quite successful. So successful, in fact, that they are making a 3rd (with Wesley Snipes for his first movie appearance since tax evasion).

User is offline   Kathy 

^Not a good example of a low budget action movie.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

No, but if he wants to get the type of cast he is listing, he needs not a low budget. The Expendables is an example of old guys coming back to kick ass again. Lots of people went to see them. They are straight action flicks with old memorable actors making jokes about each other's work. Chuck Norris makes a Chuck Norris joke with a straight face in Expendables 2. That type of movie could work.

I like the pitch and I think the basic premise could work. The idea of having a radio DJ (throughout the movie?) voiced by John St John is pretty awesome.

• Judge Mental

The movie would need between, at least a 60 to 70 million dollar budget by my estimates, and you'd want a director who could really stretch that out.

As far as JSJ being the Radio DJ - he would essentially be there to do two things. 1. Lampoon Duke Nukem.(Which I think would be funny for Duke fans who knows who he is, seeing "Duke" take shots at "Duke") 2. Deliver fragments of exposition regarding Duke's back story. Which would be similar to characters like Bill O'reilly and those types. It would be amusing to have a series of cameo's that basically all gang up on Duke and as a result you get a balance a comedic element, but you also deliver some pathos for the character. Duke would be thinking about the good ol' days when he was basically worshiped and meanwhile on the TV there would be a late night talk show playing where the host pushes Duke to a level of rage wherein he flips a desk and storms off the set. There are a lot of fun and interesting things that could be done to explain to a mass audience who Duke was, and where Duke is. Somewhere between movies like Hellboy and the latest Rocky would be the best examples on how to build his character for the film.

Basically the reason to do it this way is to get around trying to do a contrived and tired origin story, and to give the character somewhere to go and something to achieve that is not totally exterior (IE not just "GOTZ TO SAVEZ TEH WURLD.") he also has to refind and reclaim his worth in a world that doesn't consider him relevant any longer. (A little true to life, hm?)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMr.Flibble, on 11 May 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

(with Wesley Snipes for his first movie appearance since tax evasion).

This I did not know, thanks for that info.

• Judge Mental

I'm contemplating taking this synopsis/outline and making it a part of the next set of Duke Nukem The Series episodes. Ala a "special event" or just a straight up movie.

User is offline   scubagear 

another Duke lookalike for a movie or a double?

facebook Big Ballermike

Big Ballermike2
Big Ballermike3

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah you can't just get some random look-alike to be Duke. If I had to choose between someone who vaguely looks like Duke, and a good actor who looks different, I'd go with the latter. This is of course assuming that they get things like the attitude and tone right.

View PostMickey C, on 07 May 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

Yeah you can't just get some random look-alike to be Duke. If I had to choose between someone who vaguely looks like Duke, and a good actor who looks different, I'd go with the latter. This is of course assuming that they get things like the attitude and tone right.

I' am totally agree on this.
about tone: BALLERMIKE lives some time ago duke's dream B) ...born to be wiiiiiiiiilllllllllllld.... ok. but do *not* look for MB's video on tube. B)

• Judge Mental

View Postscubagear, on 07 May 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

User is offline   Outtagum 

View Postscubagear, on 07 May 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

another Duke lookalike for a movie or a double?

facebook Big Ballermike

Big Ballermike2
Big Ballermike3

Ballermike for Douche Noukum.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Big Baller Mike looks like he sucks cocks professionally.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostJimmy, on 07 May 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Big Baller Mike looks like he sucks cocks professionally.

i was assuming that's what Baller meant

In German "Baller" could mean a lot. Ballerspiele = Shooters .

for the interested ones:
"Baller" in this context is derived from ballermann (even a trademark!) in this case i suppose. BALLERMANN is nickname for a part of the beach in S’Arenal next to Palma. It is a "famous" spot for young and old (drinking) tourists at island of Mallorca, Spain. There are lot drinking "events" take place at the beach and pubs in the summertime. In history a few guys could be seen with bin filled with beer or sangria. Nowadays it is forbidden to drink from them on the beach. Google "Sangria Eimer". So drinking beer with girls and fun and a look a-like duke is a bit IRW duke attitude - without shooting of cause.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options