Duke4.net Forums: Shitty Games Month - Duke Nukem Series - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shitty Games Month - Duke Nukem Series

User is offline   faked 

View PostMalgon, on 23 April 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

It seems like a lot of people have distaste for IGSRJ. I thought his review videos were fairly amusing and not meant to be taken seriously. Anyone care to elaborate?

I don't think I will elaborate.I would probably mess up again. :)

This post has been edited by grouchbag: 24 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I definitely liked his Duke 3D "review". Like how the wooden box at the start of hollywood holocaust was a decoy item box Posted Image
And how he made a big deal of being down 2 or 3 health points after falling down the shoot.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMicky C, on 24 April 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

I definitely liked his Duke 3D "review". Like how the wooden box at the start of hollywood holocaust was a decoy item box Posted Image
And how he made a big deal of being down 2 or 3 health points after falling down the shoot.

Are we talking about the IGSRJ review or this guys one. (I stopped watching this guys one after DN1)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The IGSRJ one.

I stopped watching this guy's one half way through DN1. He was just like "ahhh this is stupid and lazy and bad" or something like that. I don't need to go on further and repeat what everyone else has been saying.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 25 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Well, having watched roughly 50% of every game "reviewed" I can honestly say that from what I've heard and seen:

- The very few factual statements that he makes are basically false. Saying something along the lines "Duke3D is released around the time of Unreal", how is early 1996 - late 1998 is beyond me.
- Nagging was already covered by every post on this topic, so yes. He nagged.
- Leaving out Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project for some inexplicable reason, but covering obscure handheld consoles
- Demonstrating lack of familiarity with Duke3D gameplay/secrets/basic routes. For example not jumping on the movie projector at first.
- Ripping on DN:F, that's just lazy

And I'm with Soap DX on this one, it's not a review, it shouldn't be called a review.

On a side note, I only found out about "IGSRJ" because of this topic. He's hilarious. I watched 2 duke reviews and I can't take them seriously, I laughed the entire time. Anyone talking using voice synthesizing software (while obviously being able to speak with his real voice) is just a very entertaining troll.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options