Duke4.net Forums: DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D

View PostGambini, on 13 April 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

The bike code is completely unrelated to what most of you think. As I said, it´s the tripmine hud with steroid. We configured the same key for both things and replaced the steroids sound by a motorbike engine. We also removed the tile from the steroids pickup and placed thousands of them around the bike maps so you dont run out of fuel. Clever, eh?

muesla's Dukebike, I recognize the smooth steering, All you would need is a sprite version of that bike which you got.

This post has been edited by theunbeholden: 14 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   thatguy 

Was hoping to try it today, but I guess i'll have to trudge through a week of work before play it if its delayed. lol Oh well. Better a polished product than a bug infested dog shit.

User is offline   Saiyuki234 

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 14 April 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

:)

I'm remaking the Saloon from the 1998 E3 trailer.

Wheatley, i think we should revive your duke nukem 1998 project again, i was curious to see where it went and i would like to help :P

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 April 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Though I know for a fact that members of the community would not piss on the rest of the community by delaying this forever, your post reads exactly like what some of the people used to naively say about 3D Realms back in the mid 2000s.

In fact, I was probably one of those people now that I think about it. Holy shit.

By the mid 2000s DNF had already been delayed for quite a significant amount of time....this situation is vastly different. Look at all of the great games that have "suffered" from delays....Bioshock Infinite, many of R*'s titles(GTAs, LA Noire, etc), Half Life 2....the list goes on and on. Delays can be very beneficial for the quality of a product- if done in moderation. 3DR apparently went WAAYYY overboard with stalling the release. Besides, the primary reason for their holdups were worries about dated tech.....and what we have here is Duke 3D mod, ffs. :)

User is offline   Gambini 

View Posttheunbeholden, on 14 April 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

muesla's Dukebike, I recognize the smooth steering, All you would need is a sprite version of that bike which you got.

Nothing to do with it. And stop editing my mod´s name or I´ll remove it from the site.

User is offline   Hool 

Removed the picture - Will put it into it's own thread.

This post has been edited by WheatleyNukem: 15 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Sholdn´t you start your own thread for that?

User is offline   Hool 

View PostGambini, on 14 April 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Sholdn´t you start your own thread for that?

Yeah, I should. Sorry about that.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostGambini, on 14 April 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Nothing to do with it. And stop editing my mod´s name or I´ll remove it from the site.

Wait, how does he have authorization to do so? Can't you just change the password?

He must have admin rights. I noticed it was him because the edit timestamp matched his "offline since". If there´s a reason of why not using "Duke Nukem Forever" as a name -which i believe there is- he should have contacted me instead of making up a new name for me.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostGambini, on 14 April 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

He must have admin rights. I noticed it was him because the edit timestamp matched his "offline since". If there´s a reason of why not using "Duke Nukem Forever" as a name -which i believe there is- he should have contacted me instead of making up a new name for me.

What did he change it to?
And I assume you're talking about moddb?

This post has been edited by Trooper Mick: 14 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yeah sorry if I didn´t made it clear. He renamed the mod twice to something like "classic edition" with no warning. Also he messed the release date, probably accidentally, both times.

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostGambini, on 14 April 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Yeah sorry if I didn´t made it clear. He renamed the mod twice to something like "classic edition" with no warning. Also he messed the release date, probably accidentally, both times.

Yeah, that pissed me off. I just realized you had a moddb profile, but when I searched for it, I always got a 'profile no longer active' or something. I found a real link to it from your youtube video, but then, the name of the profile was Duke Nukem Forever. A one way ticket to getting fucked in the ass if he keeps doing this.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Why does he have admin rights?

User is offline   Kathy 

Let me guess, because he's an admin?

I wonder if the creators can add this gun to the game

Posted Image

I know it's not from the 2001 trailer, but I saw parts in the mod trailer which were also from the E3 1998 trailer. A good mixture wouldn't be bad imho. Of course I don't know how hard it is to add it.

@WheatleyNukem: it would be better if you can use a seperate topic for your map.

This post has been edited by DI-MeisterM: 14 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

What a better day to release DNF 2013 but Adolf Hitler's birthday!

User is offline   Kathy 

Or Lenin's. The mod is free after all.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

The Columbine shooting was also on Hitler's birthday.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

April 20th in general is just a shitty goddamn day.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So since multiplayer is supposedly around the corner (ha), will this thing support COOP?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

No.

User is offline   MetHy 

Too bad. Though I guess Coop would be complicated because of the bike and because there are a couple short moments where control is taken away from the player, but I'm sure it could be done somehow.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Though if the mod is enjoyable enough of course it will be and we do get an when Eduke that has fully functional stable multiplayer, i'd love to see some of the mappers here turn out some "DNF 3D" style dukematch maps for the mod. Vegas Strip, Area 51, Hoover Dam, Desert Town. Yadda yadda yadda. That'd be awesome. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 16 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 16 April 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

No.

Too bad.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I'm hoping EDuke32 will have modifications built in that make every map CO-OP compatible. Mods like players still spawning even if there is only one spawn point, all inventory items collectible by each player once, etc. Though it still doesn't solve the issue of maps that don't allow the player to go back after a certain activator has been triggered.

^Have the left behind player teleport in front of whoever activated the trigger

View PostSpeedy Eggbert, on 16 April 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

I'm hoping EDuke32 will have modifications built in that make every map CO-OP compatible. Mods like players still spawning even if there is only one spawn point, all inventory items collectible by each player once, etc. Though it still doesn't solve the issue of maps that don't allow the player to go back after a certain activator has been triggered.

I agree... Maybe HRP as well (so it would be more similar to the 01' trailer). 3DRealms did promise of mod tools for the modern DNF (but since they were out of business, 2kGames and Gearbox said that it might be a possibility. Unfortunately, that never happened and we were kinda outraged. I thought I would see Duke Nukem Forever mods like the Duke Begins and maybe the lost episodes of Duke Nukem Forever).

I agree... Maybe HRP as wel

Posted Image

I... SAID... NO... FUCKIN.... H R P!!!!!!!

About the coop thing. I´d be willing to tweak my maps in the mod (and Mikko´s ones if he agrees) for being used with coop. Once multiplayer is fixed, of course. This, however, has no relevance to the actual release and may be done as a sort of update in the future.

HRP wouldn't really fit, though I wouldn't be opposed to modding this mod (if you guys don't mind) with models that are recreations of ones from the 2001 trailer.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options