Duke4.net Forums: Battlefield 4 video - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlefield 4 video

User is offline   Loke 

1080p footage. No multiplayer unfortunately.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Guy at the window at 4:30 gets shot at and ducks, then "hmm, he's stopped shooting, I bet he's gone, so it's perfectly safe to get up again..."

Repeat.

Talk about realistic AI...

User is offline   X-Vector 

Figures that DICE would introduce the game with another CoD clone campaign rather than a somewhat arcadey rendition of the core concept it was named after.
What on earth is Battlefield about this footage?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Couldn't care less about the campaign. I haven't even played the BF3 single-player campaign. It's an irrelevant diversion.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 27 March 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

Couldn't care less about the campaign. I haven't even played the BF3 single-player campaign. It's an irrelevant diversion.

From the little SP I played I can say you're not loosing anything (and I enjoyed BC2 campaign to some extent).

Battlefield campaigns should be all about big and open scenarios, not corridor shooters. The closest to it was the first BF campaign (1942).

This post has been edited by LkMax: 27 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostLkMax, on 27 March 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

The closest to it was the first BF campaign (1942).

Wasn't it just practice against bots?

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 27 March 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Pretty sure it was. At least Battlefield 2 had you go against bots. To be honest, I'd preferred if the newer Battlefield games had the same as it was a good way to learn the controls and get some basic practice before the real deal; the multiplayer.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Apparently it's supposedly more open ended and you can order your squad around

I just f*cking want actual decent destruction in multiplay. BC2 had decent destruction even though all it was was pre-made animations for the most part, but BF3's was far worse even though technically they should have been able to do more.

Also apparently commander mode from BF2 and 2142 is back.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 27 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

DICE guys at the GDC after showing the trailer.
“It’s a new era in entertainment.”
“It’s not about the polygons, the shaders. It’s the emotional connection we make with players.”
“The technology has enabled us to become better storytellers.”
“Social persistence to increase replay value… A single player game true to the Battlefield franchise.”
:)

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostLoke, on 27 March 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Pretty sure it was. At least Battlefield 2 had you go against bots. To be honest, I'd preferred if the newer Battlefield games had the same as it was a good way to learn the controls and get some basic practice before the real deal; the multiplayer.

Generally speaking bots are a terrible way to practice. Better to just join an empty server and learning there how to fly, etc.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 27 March 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Generally speaking bots are a terrible way to practice. Better to just join an empty server and learning there how to fly, etc.

Can't say I agree. I definitely became better with the chopper when practicing against bots in BF2 as you have some moving objects to shoot at instead of stationary tanks and vehicles.

This post has been edited by Loke: 07 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

This trailer portrays the game in my eyes to be one huge cutscene after another with bullshit soap opera drama sequences of soldiers that have to make tough choices and stick the knife up their brothers ass for a better cause.
I am so fucking disgusted by these cliches.
The amount of cliches in this video are foaming like an asshole that's about to burst out regurgitated diarrhea made out of smoke particles and more fucking rehashed boring childish cliches.
I didn't expect this to be anything spectacular after I saw how Bf3 ended up being after they claimed the screenshots were fake and the actual game was not a main pc game anymore but a multiplatform game built with limitations in mind.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 27 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

So they now release a new Battlefield title every six months?

View PostFox, on 27 March 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Not if Bf4 bombs which I suspect it won't since cod fanboys will probably adopt it as their new retarded pet.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 27 March 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

It was, that's why I said it was closest to a BF campaign then the one in BF3, not the ideal campaign.
(The big, open scenarios and stuff)

This post has been edited by LkMax: 27 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Oh look, now I have to upgrade my computer again.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostFox, on 27 March 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

To be fair, BF3 came out in 2011.

DICE would simply be better off making movies, because this hardly counts as a game. It has nice cinematic feeling although it has some really overused cliches, and it is very pretty. But that's about all it has going for it. The only thing that it had going for it gameplay-wise was the semi-destructible terrain and it looked pretty restricted and it is certainly nothing new, either. I sincerely hope the story isn't as bland and awful as games such as Call of Duty's are. I think Russia has been beat up enough at this point.

Also I heard terrorists. I'm done already, mightaswell try again next year guys.

BF games are really about the MP, as evidenced by BF3's mediocre SP, but given how similar the SP already looks to BF3, I'm guessing the MP won't be much different from BF3.

I probably won't be getting it, but oh well, at least I get beta access since I have premium, so that way I'll know for sure if I'd want it or not.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 03 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

Judging from BF4 trailer their movies would be shit anyway.

User is offline   Loke 

The open beta for Battlefield 4 is out now.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Don't really care about the beta. I played the Shanghai map already during the alpha trial and the game is less than a month away anyway. Moreover, your stats don't carry over to the full version so what's the point?

Anyway, I'm very excited about this game. I've already spent 100€ on the game & Premium membership and we're gonna have a LAN party when the game comes out. Good times ahead!

I can barely play the beta since I loose connection every 4 minutes, but when I got in a game siege of shanghai was damn good. It reminded me of some of the 2142 maps.

I'm really annoyed at these idiots who are complaining simply because the map is "too small"

Siege of Shanghai is a good 64 player conquest map, Caspian Border was too, because they were very well balanced between action and traveling. A lot of the "bigger" maps in BF3 you never even got to see more than 1-2 players in between 5 minutes of running and that wasn't fun.

It seems like people want massive maps even if it's to the detriment of gameplay, just because older BF games had huge ones.

Huge maps would be fine if they upped the player count, but they aren't going to, so...

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I wouldn't call Shanghai "too small" at all. It's freaking huge, if not the largest urban map in Battlefield (considering the y dimension as well).

All BF3 maps were pretty balanced (at least compared to BF2 and especially BFBC2 where baserape often felt like the norm), including the large ones. It was in BF2 where there were huge maps with tons of empty space where nothing ever happened. I'm glad they've gotten rid of that but some BF2 purists are of course reactionaries.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I enjoy BFBC2 more than BF3, am I going to be disappointed in this?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Commander, on 05 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

I enjoy BFBC2 more than BF3, am I going to be disappointed in this?

BF4 is essentially an improved BF3. BFBC2 is more infantry-based and small scale so if you didn't like BF3 you probably won't like BF4 either.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 05 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

I wouldn't call Shanghai "too small" at all. It's freaking huge, if not the largest urban map in Battlefield (considering the y dimension as well).

All BF3 maps were pretty balanced (at least compared to BF2 and especially BFBC2 where baserape often felt like the norm), including the large ones. It was in BF2 where there were huge maps with tons of empty space where nothing ever happened. I'm glad they've gotten rid of that but some BF2 purists are of course reactionaries.

I was talking more about the armored kill expansion maps that everyone "loved".

The desert map was huge and you barely ever saw anyone. Funny thing is I loved BF2, but I think it kind of helped in that game that I usually played on servers that forced sticking with your squad and following commander orders so we had direction and the action was pretty focused. Hopefully if they have bigger maps in BF4 the commander and the better squad order markers will help do the same once again like in 2/2142.

I like this emblem editor

Posted Image

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I actually too loved Bandar Desert and Alborz Mountains. They both have good spots for infantry combat, such as the beach suburb in Bandar or the radar station in Alborz. And there are so many vehicles that you can easily find enemies in the open desert in the middle.

But then again nearly every map in BF3 was at least good. I loved the variety it had, from CoD-type small maps to the largest-ever BF map. But you're right that teamplay suffered a bit from poor coordination which they probably have fixed for BF4.

Except for 64 player metro :P

aka battlefield meatgrinder

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 07 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options