Duke4.net Forums: Tabs for Full Version of Lee Jackson's Grabbag. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tabs for Full Version of Lee Jackson's Grabbag.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Does anybody know if there have ever been tabs done for the full rendition of Grabbag by Lee Jackson? Not variations of the Megadeth one. I mean the full version you hear on the Atomic Edition CD.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I asked him in an email and he said he was not distributing any sheet music or unreleased material.

• Judge Mental

Yeah, I figured Lee Jackson wouldn't have released such a thing officially. I was wondering if anyone knew of any tabs that were done unofficially more so. I've looked around the net and the only ones I found are either for the Megadeth rendition, or the "partial" midi file found within the game.

User is offline   Saiyuki234 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 25 March 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Yeah, I figured Lee Jackson wouldn't have released such a thing officially. I was wondering if anyone knew of any tabs that were done unofficially more so. I've looked around the net and the only ones I found are either for the Megadeth rendition, or the "partial" midi file found within the game.

listen to the full midi and just wing it. :angry:

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

grabbag.mid does not contain the bridge section found in the CD track.

"Winging it" leads to this:

• Judge Mental

...Yeah. It's not exactly ideal to try and do it by ear.

But I guess that's what i'll have t'do.

User is offline   Mark 

Watching that horrible video is one minute of my life I'll never get back. Thanks. :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I got to 26 seconds and realized that my ears were bleeding and bailed.

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 26 March 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

...Yeah. It's not exactly ideal to try and do it by ear.

Why not do it by ear? Just perfect every riff one by one until you get the full thing...

• Judge Mental

View PostSangman, on 31 March 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Why not do it by ear? Just perfect every riff one by one until you get the full thing...

See the above posts for the answer. If you don't have a good musical ear, it's a bad idea.

And even if you do, like some of the very busy guys I know who do have good musical ears, they still hate trying to do it because it's an imperfect process that takes a ten-fold much longer time to get right.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 31 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options