Duke4.net Forums: Best Duke Nukem 3d Experience - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Duke Nukem 3d Experience

User is offline   deten 

Alot has happened in the world of duke nukem since I played years ago, I am coming back and want to play though again. But I know theres all these options with enhanced visuals

So, should I go buy the Duke Nukem: Kill-A-Ton Collection or is there a better one?

What do I do next, are there some fan made patches or do I import the data into a fan modified executable kinda like marathon and aleph one?

I dont know what to do, but I want to have a great experience!

Any help would be appreciated.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

DukePlus (i believe it's called that) is a mod for Duke3D that contains a buttload of features... Only thing that turns me off with it, is that it only plays optimally with the HRP, and i frankly don't like seeing this game fully modelled in 3D, i prefer the original sprite version of Duke... Wish they made this mod more compatible with the original looks, maybe they did over time..?

Do you have any of the expansions of the game..?
Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach ..?
Duke it out in DC ..?

I heard these two are teriffic expansions, DC having enormous levels, and Duke Caribbean having TONS of new art and sounds... The funny weapon design (although working just the same as the originals) are great fun, and Duke's got many new lines there too...
Kicking ass while wearing sandals made me laugh my butt off :)

Only downside is that these expansions aren't easy to come by, only place i occationally found them, is on ebay...

In our downloads section, look iunder Duke nukem 3D, there are many things done by the fan community, plenty to either enhance or at least extend your gaming experience with Duke3D
Here's the Download section

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postdeten, on Nov 13 2008, 02:31 AM, said:

Alot has happened in the world of duke nukem since I played years ago, I am coming back and want to play though again. But I know theres all these options with enhanced visuals

So, should I go buy the Duke Nukem: Kill-A-Ton Collection or is there a better one?

What do I do next, are there some fan made patches or do I import the data into a fan modified executable kinda like marathon and aleph one?

I dont know what to do, but I want to have a great experience!

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you familiar with the High Resolution Pack? The HRP is pretty awesome, but still needs a little work done to it in my opinion. It's still awesome though! You need Atomic Edition for that. Or you can buy the recently released Duke Nukem 3D on Xbox Live Arcade. There's a few enhancements and new features in the Xbox Live Arcade version as well!

View PostMicki!, on Nov 13 2008, 04:21 AM, said:

DukePlus (i believe it's called that) is a mod for Duke3D that contains a buttload of features... Only thing that turns me off with it, is that it only plays optimally with the HRP, and i frankly don't like seeing this game fully modelled in 3D, i prefer the original sprite version of Duke... Wish they made this mod more compatible with the original looks, maybe they did over time..?

Do you have any of the expansions of the game..?
Duke Caribbean: Life's a Beach ..?
Duke it out in DC ..?

I heard these two are teriffic expansions, DC having enormous levels, and Duke Caribbean having TONS of new art and sounds... The funny weapon design (although working just the same as the originals) are great fun, and Duke's got many new lines there too...
Kicking ass while wearing sandals made me laugh my butt off :)

Only downside is that these expansions aren't easy to come by, only place i occationally found them, is on ebay...

In our downloads section, look iunder Duke nukem 3D, there are many things done by the fan community, plenty to either enhance or at least extend your gaming experience with Duke3D
Here's the Download section

Micki, you posted just a moment before I did. Now I'm really pissed off! Haha, just kidding!

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 13 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

User is offline   deten 

Eduke32 seems to be good, it works on linux which is my native desktop environment. But I am not sure still.

Thanks for the suggestions and no I dont have the atomic edition, I have the original version nothing special... but I am gonna get a nice version with all the addons.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Hope you find it, i recomend using eDuke32... Besides compatibilty on newer OS's and such, it also has enhanced features such as improved mouse control and easier key bindings... And of course, if you do feel like it, the High Resoulution Pack (HRP) requires eDuke32, so you may want to give it a try, just to see if it suits your tastes, or if you still prefer the original 8bit classic looks of duke3D...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options