Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D theme with real instruments! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D theme with real instruments!  "Duke Nukem 3D theme cover"

I'm a multi-instumentalist from Finland, and I thought this would be the right forum to promote my version of this legendary tune. I seriously fell in love with the theme song the first time I heard it, somewhere around 1997-1998.

I have my own recording studio at home, so I decided to remake the theme with my instruments. Drums, guitar and bass are included.

I also made an entry-level music video in it, have fun. :angry:

See & hear on Youtube:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Very nice, dude! I posted on your YouTube already but I'll reiterate what I had said here. I love the playing and the arrangement, just wished you would have mic'd a real amp instead of going direct-in. Can't really complain too much though when it's so well played.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Yeah, get an amp and mic on it. Though I know that is easier said than done since those can be very costly. It doesn't take away from the main point of the arrangement anyhow. Spectacular job! Grabbag covers have been getting better and better these years. :angry:

View PostRadar, on 04 March 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Yeah, get an amp and mic on it. Though I know that is easier said than done since those can be very costly. It doesn't take away from the main point of the arrangement anyhow. Spectacular job! Grabbag covers have been getting better and better these years. :angry:

I already updated my gear - I guess I'll re-record the Grabbag some day.

There's a couple of Commodore 64 covers with decent sound on my channel, might want to check 'em out.

Thanks for the comments!

User is offline   Kathy 

Another metal version... yay... :angry:

Although, from 1m20s onward it's pretty sweet, 'cause it becomes something more interesting than that tired grabbag cloning.

This post has been edited by Cathy: 05 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

User is offline   thatguy 

Metal or not, I want to say its more superior than the Megadeth version. The sound, the flow, everything feels right to me. Great job. :angry: I love it!

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostCathy, on 04 March 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Although, from 1m20s onward it's pretty sweet, 'cause it becomes something more interesting than that tired grabbag cloning.

That part is definitely my favourite, though overall this cover could be a bit more compact - three and a half minutes seems too long.

Another metal version... yay...

However good they are, every time I listen to one of these I'm more thankful for the electronic originals.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostX-Vector, on 05 March 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

However good they are, every time I listen to one of these I'm more thankful for the electronic originals.

Yep. And an orchestral from E3 2001 trailer.

This post has been edited by Cathy: 05 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Electronic original? Even then it was using guitar sounds in the MIDI version. It's meant to be a somewhat rock/metal song so it's only natural so many choose to cover it that way. It's hard to picture it any other way.

...dubstep. Someone should do that.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Can't forget Gabbag from Total Meltdown, and the MUZAK sound from Shop'n'Bag.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Thanks for sharing! Posted to front page on duke4.net!

User is offline   Hank 

View Posthornanvasara, on 04 March 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

I have my own recording studio at home, so I decided to remake the theme with my instruments. Drums, guitar and bass are included.

I also made an entry-level music video in it, have fun. :angry:

Any plans to release an mp3?
I actually can't stand grabbag, yet your version is so good and I would love to listen to it on my stereo, full blast. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 05 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostHank, on 05 March 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

[/size]
Any plans to release an mp3?
I actually can't stand grabbag, yet your version is so good and I would love to listen to it on my stereo, full blast. Posted Image

My plan is to produce around 10 home-made music videos of my all-time favourites, and make a DVD of them. I guess I'll also release an Mp3 "album" of them, since you're not the first one to ask me that. :angry:

All songs will be re-mastered for the DVD to get better overall sound.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Good job. I like how you don't just remake it, but try some different stuff here and there. I like the howling fade-out at 2:13

Hello dukers. I hope nobody minds if I advertise my new metal cover + home-made music video? If this is lame feel free to delete this post.

So. Does anyone here remember the awesome loading music in Commodore 64 Rambo?? If you do... You want to click that link!

User is offline   Hank 

View Posthornanvasara, on 04 May 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

If this is lame feel free to delete this post.

This is as unlame as it gets - very well arranged too - keep on posting your stuff, methinks. Posted Image

View PostHank, on 04 May 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

This is as unlame as it gets - very well arranged too - keep on posting your stuff, methinks. Posted Image

The almighty Ocean Loader 2 ends the quadrology, as a slightly heavier version. ;)

Now, happy holidays to all you dukers,

--Hornanvasara

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options