Duke4.net Forums: Extracting from TekWar? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Extracting from TekWar?  "SOUNDS and SONGS files"

User is offline   m210® 

I can give you a src, but I don't want to publish it)

View PostM210, on 01 July 2016 - 05:15 AM, said:

I don't know yet. It's necessary? :P

You should open source it; there is no reason for stuff like this to be closed source.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Seems to work pretty well, mission selection gets really buggy the more TekLords you manage to kill.
Buttons didn't register properly and before you know it, you are on the wrong map.
I didn't manage to get to Janus' level.

Anyway, 6/7 lords killed and loaded matrix just to test around a bit, no glaring issues aside from that mission selector and lack of menu (esc didn't work)

User is offline   m210® 

It's strange, that you have problems with keys o_O. I tested it yesterday and I completed all levels with TekLords...and ESC key is working for me
Btw, I tested a port on my home PC (for developing I using a work PC) and this port works fine on both of them.

What about keys F2-F3?

Spoiler

This post has been edited by M210: 01 July 2016 - 10:25 PM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I tested your port and it looks great! Thanks a lot for your work, I never expected a port for Tekwar.

I also found some problems; some sprites have incorrect shading, it runs a bit slower than the original game (or maybe is my computer?), some enemies don't react until you're very close to them (which makes it more realistic in my opinion, but it's not the original behavior) and also the keys didn't work properly when I was in the level selection screen after I completed a mission.

By the way, I created a topic about this in another forum, and looks like somebody has problems trying to install Libgdx. Do you know how to install it?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPerro Seco, on 05 July 2016 - 05:16 AM, said:

By the way, I created a topic about this in another forum, and looks like somebody has problems trying to install Libgdx. Do you know how to install it?

Its strange, because my port already has libgdx libraries in jar file. Is there any errors after launch it?

For install libgdx you can download setup files here: https://libgdx.badlo.../download.html. But I think its not need.......if you aren't a Linux user :P Im put libgdx libs only for Windows

This post has been edited by M210: 05 July 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostM210, on 05 July 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

I think its not need.......if you aren't a Linux user :P Im put libgdx libs only for Windows
Maybe that's the problem. I didn't have to install anything to run it because I use Windows, but what about Linux users? They won't be able to play it?

User is offline   m210® 

I just need to add linux version in jar file...I will let you know when I make a new file

User is offline   m210® 

Hi. I made a new release...some bugs fixed, and now you can change video resolution.

oasiz, can you check main menu? I should fix esc button and some other problems.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I'll check this asap. This week has been kinda busy overall.
Thanks for doing a fix!

User is offline   m210® 

Hi there! :P I released a new version. Added log-file, changable settings - now you can change screen resolution and keys. All settings will saving at gdxtekwar.ini
New nersion you can download at my site

User is offline   Moggimus 

This is looking pretty good so far, I'm surprised how well it works. I've had a copy of TekWar for a few years now but didn't get too far into it yet. Now I just need to figure out what the story and objective of this game is.

I have one question, will you add an option to disable the texture filtering? Also I'd like to toggle off the FPS counter, is there a way to do that?

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks :P Yes, I will add this features later. Btw, I planning to add smk video from CD version

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Sorry, been really busy recently. I managed to play through one mission but not more.
Menu seems to work well now.

User is offline   m210® 

Glad to see it :P Thanks for your reply. Btw a new release should work on Linux too

I would love to see a non java version of this some day :P.

User is offline   m210® 

Accidentally made Tekwar a little bit funniest :P

Posted Image

User is offline   m210® 

Ok, I released a new version..i think its stable v1.0.
Now its possible to enable/disable texture filter (linear/nearest), show fps. Also its possible to setup buttons for keyboard and mouse. I made "user map" menu option and other menu additions. So, i think I start to working at Tchernobog AI for BloodCM now

Great to hear that, but where can I download it? I only can see the old file in your page.

User is offline   m210® 

http://m210.duke4.ne...va/47-gdxtekwar

There is a latest version

User is offline   m210® 

Forgot to say, port was updated 25 July 2016

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options