Duke4.net Forums: Aliens: Colonial Marines (Randy Pitchford has done it again!) - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aliens: Colonial Marines (Randy Pitchford has done it again!)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Good.

View PostLoke, on 15 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Colonial Marines should've been more like this imo:

Wow, I did not know about that remake. It feels very authentic to the 1999 game.
The guy that uploaded that video comments there about how Randy is a corporate criminal.
That guy whoever he is, has understood how shit goes.

View PostHank, on 16 February 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Well, SEGA's Matthew Powers also agrees with this assessment. Gearbox ran the show.
http://www.dsogaming...megate-studios/
"Absolutely not, the game has been developed by Gearbox Software. Other studios [like Timegate] helped Gearbox on the production of single and multiplayer."

Gearbox is (will be) in big shit over this game.
Posted Image

If Gearbox will be in big shit over this game, then may this shit be so big that they drown in it... Especially Randy.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 16 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

If Gearbox will be in big shit over this game, then may this shit be so big that they drown in it... Especially Randy.

Why? Who would profit? I think, no one.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHank, on 16 February 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Why? Who would profit? I think, no one.

We'll feel a bit better if they're brought back to reality that not everything they touch turns to gold. Sure it's not their fault that DNF was crap, but their relentless hyping/bullshiting did additional damage. And it was entirely their fault for not doing the simplest things like actual graphics options rather than postprocessing: on/off. And an actual save game feature would have made the campaign less of a headache. But oh no, they wanted checkpoints to expand the play time of the campaign so they could brag about its length.

Hopefully by now they realize we're tired of taking their crap. Sure, A:CM had a few external problems. But at the end of the day, it's the product that counts, not the process. Excuses don't cut it, welcome to the real world.

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostCathy, on 16 February 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I'm saying that movie fan isn't necessary interested in some game based on a universe of a movie. As I understood you were talking about movie fans("classic film fans") in general and not about fans of Alien universe.

You would be right if the E3 demo didn't represent Aliens so well in gameplay form. This game like I said before, looked and played like the definitive Aliens game and not the typical multiplayer fair in the Alien vs Predator universe. Theres a big difference between games based somewhere in the universe with only similarities by story (star wars: dark forces) and games that take all the elements of a classic film and turn it into gameplay form (Aliens: Colonial Marines E3 Demo). Fans of the classic film were fans of game because it offered a new perspective on the films....sadly the game turned to shit and became an insult to the films.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 16 February 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Fans of the classic film were fans of game because it offered a new perspective on the films....

Not me, I think games should stay away from the particulars of film canon and only touch on the edges of it (as Dark Forces did).
Going back to Hadley's Hope was a major conceptual mistake and the revisionist tampering with Alien 3 and the Hicks character is revolting.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostMr.Deviance, on 16 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Something tells me Randy would like that. He probably has Church of Fudge as his desktop background.

I can't believe the balls on this guy. His teams fuck everything up, then blame it on a smaller, more vulnerable studio? What an asshole. What a fucking asshole.

I'm really nervous about Duke now.

This post has been edited by 486DX2: 17 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I fucking love Gearbox Software.

User is online   Sangman 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 17 February 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Yeah I hope they get a firm bitch smack from Sega's hand and then proceed to make more awesome games - the right way this time.

Sega's really good at punching themselves in the face. I bet Randy would get his jaw broken.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 17 February 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

It's like a ghetto version of Ion Storm.

This post has been edited by 486DX2: 17 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Suck it down?

YOU'RE ABOUT TO MAKE RANDY PITCHFORD YOUR BITCH

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

Love it. Now go post it at the GBX forum for the lulz.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Gearbox has forums?

INB4 INTERNET POLICE.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 17 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

If I had money I would totally mail Randy some dildos from Bad Dragon right about now.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Don't bother. Randy is Goatse-man.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It seems regardless of the quality and reputation of the game, it's still ranked in the top 10 "top selling" games on steam according to that tab on the featured items page.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostThe Big Cheese, on 17 February 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

It seems regardless of the quality and reputation of the game, it's still ranked in the top 10 "top selling" games on steam according to that tab on the featured items page.

The power of a trademark!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 17 February 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Gearbox has forums?

INB4 INTERNET POLICE.

No sign of the internet police yet. :P

A year or two back someone posted one of those Bear Grylls "Banned from the GBX forums? Better drink my own piss" memes in his "Time out" thread after getting probated for talking shit in the GBX DNF forum. :D

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Stolen from GBX Forums. Man that place is dead.
Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's what you get when you run the place like a prison.

User is offline   X-Vector 

"Youre"?

Also, a closer copy of the Daikatana original would have made the perfect pre-order A:CM ad (i.e. "Randy Pitchford's about to make you his bitch. Suck it down.").

User is online   Sangman 

View PostYatta, on 17 February 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

The power of a trademark!

The power of people wanting to see for themselves just how bad it is!

User is offline   Kathy 

Not for a full price.

User is offline   Mark 

I took a quick look on Ebay and see people selling the game brand new in the box PC version for 10 bucks with free shipping. What's the catch?

Or has it been out long enough to be bargain basement pricing?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostMark., on 18 February 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

I took a quick look on Ebay and see people selling the game brand new in the box PC version for 10 bucks with free shipping. What's the catch?

Or has it been out long enough to be bargain basement pricing?

This is sarcasm right?

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I know nothing about A:CM, but is this appropriate for Gearbox?

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Anything with Hugh Laurie in it is appropriate everywhere!

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options