Duke4.net Forums: Aliens: Colonial Marines (Randy Pitchford has done it again!) - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aliens: Colonial Marines (Randy Pitchford has done it again!)

View PostLunick, on 30 August 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

Hmm...

I'd rather buy Railworks/Train Simulator's DLC that spend a cent on Colonial Marines DLC.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

View PostJimmy, on 30 August 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

It's pretty close to being a classic Gearbox game. The only things that would make it a true modern Gearbox masterpiece is extremely grindy mechanics, enemies that can kill you in four hits irregardless of your level, and the occasional Reddit-caliber joke. Aliens: Colonial Marines could become as much of a Gearbox classic as Borderlands 2 if they put a little more of the Gearbox touch on it. It has the DLC and bad mechanics necessary to be a classic Gearbox game; it just needs a little push.

User is offline   Kathy 

Gonna wait for GOTY edition with all DLCs.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 30 August 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I'm going to buy it because I am a dumbass that secretly enjoys beating bad games. I got through Daikatana's single player mode in one piece, so this shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah I can see some value in that, kinda like watching Steven Seagal's recent films, they're so embarrassingly bad that there's some entertainment value there.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So is it worth buying this game on sale to play the Singleplayer campaign? I don't have a large amount of time and I'm not any special fan of the series or anything.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostDeeper Micky, on 31 August 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

So is it worth buying this game on sale to play the Singleplayer campaign? I don't have a large amount of time and I'm not any special fan of the series or anything.

It's not worth it. It's one of the most uninspired shooters of recent memory. There's nothing interesting, creative or unique about it. I regret playing it.

User is offline   Komenja 

Yeah, it isn't worth shit. Out of the entire game, only one section is good, and it lasts for about a few minutes. The Marine campaign from AvP 2010 alone is superior to A:CM, get that game instead if you haven't already played it.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Just get Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 and Aliens Versus Predator 2: Gold.

View PostLoke, on 15 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Colonial Marines should've been more like this imo:

Scrolling through the first page of this topic I just got reminded of this great looking cryengine 3 mod where some guy posted this video of the remade first level from the Marine campaign in the 1999 AvP game.

After I googled it a bit to see if it was released or had any more work done to it I found out what happened to it...

That's right, I learned that it got a cease and desist letter from Gearbox.
Apparently Gearbox shut this down so Colonial Marines wouldn't have "unfair" competition.
This is all that Gearbox does and it fits the exact type of attitude they had when they kept patching the console so it won't work in Duke Nukem Forever so they can completely shut Pc gamers out of any form of modding or tweaking.
Gearbox is a bunch of abusive jail wardens that treat their customers like prisoners.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 01 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

http://steamcommunit...63165478254973/ A:CM hub is good for a laugh :lol:

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 01 September 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Scrolling through the first page of this topic I just got reminded of this great looking cryengine 3 mod where some guy posted this video of the remade first level from the Marine campaign in the 1999 AvP game.

After I googled it a bit to see if it was released or had any more work done to it I found out what happened to it...

That's right, I learned that it got a cease and desist letter from Gearbox.
Apparently Gearbox shut this down so Colonial Marines wouldn't have "unfair" competition.
This is all that Gearbox does and it fits the exact type of attitude they had when they kept patching the console so it won't work in Duke Nukem Forever so they can completely shut Pc gamers out of any form of modding or tweaking.
Gearbox is a bunch of abusive jail wardens that treat their customers like prisoners.

How did Gearbox manage to pull that off, when it's a mod based on an engine they don't own, and a different series of games that they don't have anything to do with? Surely it must have been Fox who put the C&D on this project, although Gearbox may have played a small part in it somewhere.

View PostLunick, on 01 September 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

http://steamcommunit...63165478254973/ A:CM hub is good for a laugh :lol:

The real joke is that someone paid $79.99 for Colonial Marines in the first place.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 02 September 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

The real joke is that someone paid $79.99 for Colonial Marines in the first place.

The problem is people never learn, and keep pre-ordering.
Jokes on them.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I like how if you say you don't like the game, or if you tell the guy who bought it for full price that he's been had, then you are a troll.

I am a fan of the series, but no way am I going near this pile of dog crap.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 05 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options