Duke4.net Forums: malware detected by chrome - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

malware detected by chrome

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I clicked on the media thread in the DNF section and apparently chrome detected malware and wouldn't let me visit the page. I then clicked on the "website suggestions" thread and the same thing happened. I tried all the others, and most of them worked, except for the "questions" thread in the bug report section.

Is anyone else getting this? What's going on?

Posted Image

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

:P Just tested myself. I'm getting a red flag on all those exact threads as well. Weerd. B)

This post has been edited by Radar: 03 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

User is offline   Hank 

it's blocked because the sig from Cody links to planetminecraft. ??? I don't get it, but this what google give in the details.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Yup, I too came to the same conclusion. cdn.planetminecraft.com seems to be the culprit, and there's only one Minecraft addict I know of around here. :P I went on Cody's profile and looked up his post history and I can't access any page he's posted on. Gotta be something with his sig then.

User is online   Lunick 

Cody causing trouble? Nothing new :P Must only affect Chrome because I can view anything from him fine in Firefox.

• Honored Donor

So it's Cody's fault?

Posted Image

Maybe a mod or admin can temporarily change his sig to fix the problem?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Try now.

• Honored Donor

Yep, it works.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostLunick, on 03 February 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Cody causing trouble? Nothing new B) Must only affect Chrome because I can view anything from him fine in Firefox.

Lulz. You have malware now. :P

User is offline   Hank 

View PostRadar, on 04 February 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

Lulz. You have malware now. :P

No. Only if you actually clicked on one of the ads at the planetminecraft, even then, an up to date virus scanner would intercept it in time.
[attachment=6164:minecraft.jpg]

The people at minecraft are just as innocent as Cody. This shit can happen to anyone. Blame the malware maker, hack them back the to death.

This post has been edited by Hank: 04 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

So let me get this straight. forums.duke.net was blocked by chrome just because it had a link to a site whose ads led to malware? Jeez.

User is offline   Hank 

not the entire forum, only specific pages where a link to planetminecraft was 'googled', if you are saying Google over killed - definitely.

also planetminecraft is open via Google Chrome again :P
[attachment=6165:googleminecraftnow.jpg]

This post has been edited by Hank: 04 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostHank, on 04 February 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

No. Only if you actually clicked on one of the ads at the planetminecraft, even then, an up to date virus scanner would intercept it in time.
Attachment minecraft.jpg

The people at minecraft are just as innocent as Cody. This shit can happen to anyone. Blame the malware maker, hack them back the to death.

I was kidding around. I was hoping the lulz and the roll eyes showed that I really didn't think google's paranoid report was a real threat.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostRadar, on 04 February 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

I was kidding around. I was hoping the lulz and the roll eyes showed that I really didn't think google's paranoid report was a real threat.

Yeah, but I am an old fart and still not fluent in cyber communication techniques. :P

Unless I can look into your eyes, I will not know for sure, so I posted my stuff just in case. I love Minecraft, play it daily on single play, thanks to Cody actually. Cheers! B)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

So can I fix my signature now because you guys use some over protective browser... And that the situation seems to have been resolved at the source.

View PostHank, on 04 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

I love Minecraft, play it daily on single play, thanks to Cody actually. Cheers! :P

Why don't you play on the server then?!?
Unless you do and I have just missed your username which I do not know what it is?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostCody, on 04 February 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

So can I fix my signature now because you guys use some over protective browser... And that the situation seems to have been resolved at the source.

Why don't you play on the server then?!?
Unless you do and I have just missed your username which I do not know what it is?

I play single player. Is there a point playing on the server then? :P

Also, only those that have the Google Chrome's version of multi-layer-extreme-advanced-warning-system enabled are affected, I don't use it. I trust my Anti-Everything Software.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Thanks for reporting the issue! Very much appreciated.

I got a warning like that in another thread yesterday due to an image from "funnyjunk.com". I'm not sure if the image is gone or if Google unblacklisted it, but I'm not seeing that warning today.

@Yatta: I was half expecting your avatar to go to goatse or be a rickroll. :P

Yeah, someone on another forum made a QR code that goes to goatse, and one of my co-workers (after irrigating his eyeballs with brain bleach) printed off a roll of 'em... :D

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostHank, on 04 February 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

I play single player. Is there a point playing on the server then? :P

Of course there is, there is much more that can be done in multiplayer than single player like custom mods etc. that improve game play and give it more of a RPG feel like my server has.

Just join it one day and have a look around the spawn area to see if it's to your liking.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

You guys should all check out this article: http://news.yahoo.co...-201142450.html (Mainstream Websites More Likely to Harbor Malware because of their independent Ad sources).

Gives me yet another reason to be happy that I use AdBlock.

View PostAgentScotty, on 04 February 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

I got a warning like that in another thread yesterday due to an image from "funnyjunk.com". I'm not sure if the image is gone or if Google unblacklisted it, but I'm not seeing that warning today.

@Yatta: I was half expecting your avatar to go to goatse or be a rickroll. :D

Yeah, someone on another forum made a QR code that goes to goatse, and one of my co-workers (after irrigating his eyeballs with brain bleach) printed off a roll of 'em... :D

Great idea! I should try that out. Were you able to find out where the QR code in my avatar goes, by the way? :P

Also, it's nice to see you're still here, ancient one. <3

User is offline   Hank 

^ since you linked to it, I quote:
Internet users are 21 times more likely to become infected by visiting a legitimate online shopping site than by visiting a site used for illegal file sharing, according to Cisco's latest annual security report.
and
That makes perverse sense. The more popular a site, or the more family-friendly an ad, the bigger the pool of potential malware victims is.

In short, don't go on the internet, it's rough out there :D or stick to the pirates :P

This post has been edited by Hank: 05 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostYatta, on 05 February 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Great idea! I should try that out. Were you able to find out where the QR code in my avatar goes, by the way? :D

Also, it's nice to see you're still here, ancient one. <3

Yep. :P

If "Divide by zero" was able to take down Windows NT and leave a battleship dead in the water ("Linux renders ships (render farm of Linux boxes for the Titanic movie) while Windows NT is rendering ships useless", as one of the alt.microsoft.sucks sigs went back in the day :D ) I wonder what your QR code would do. :D

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostYatta, on 05 February 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Gives me yet another reason to be happy that I use AdBlock.

Isn't duke.net receive somekind of revenue from ads?

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostBurnett, on 06 February 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Just the Duke ones. But the revenue is very negligible these days.

• Honored Donor

Is that why you had that "who doesn't have Duke 3D thing" up?

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostMicky C, on 09 February 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Is that why you had that "who doesn't have Duke 3D thing" up?

What do you mean?

• Honored Donor

If you don't have a registered copy of the game, please e-mail me. Please *only* e-mail me if you don't have the game on CD/GoG/Steam/etc.
yatta@duke4.net

Why do you want those people to contact you?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 09 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostMicky C, on 09 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Why do you want those people to contact you?

Oh, I give out codes to people who don't have the game.

• Honored Donor

View PostCathy, on 06 February 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

View PostYatta, on 08 February 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Just the Duke ones. But the revenue is very negligible these days.

View PostYatta, on 09 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Oh, I give out codes to people who don't have the game.

I think I've found your problem.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I realize that, but the point of the site is to promote Duke, not revenues. :P

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options