Duke4.net Forums: Duke 2013 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 2013

User is online   zykov eddy 

Hello everyone!

Me, CK Games & Lezing (AKA CraigFatman) have made a holiday gift for you. It's a snowy city level made in celebration of a New Year. It has some new textures, effects and sounds, including new Duke's phrases (made by our friend VinsaneOne).
The map has additional polymer lights (which may be a little laggy in the last part of the map), but you can play it with any other renderer.
Don't forget to get a new version of Eduke 32 before playing.

Hope you'll enjoy it and happy new 2013 year! :)

Link: http://www.mediafire...ng7d26urna80j6p (Updated)

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 03 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

User is offline   Jinroh 

Awesome the map looks pretty sweet, I'll definitely have to celebrate the new year by playing it. :)

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Thank you! Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

Fun little map. The snow looked awesome especially how it moved with the wind, probably the best looking snow effect I've seen so far.

User is offline   Gambini 

Does this map qualify as a 2012 map? Or, as its name suggests, it´s the first 2013 map? I say because it is still 2012 here for about 4 hours.

Either way, congrats for the release.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 31 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

He's in Russia so I think it was 2013 there. I'd give it to 'em. Going to go play this now.

Added:
I was wrong. Release date : December 31, 2012 Last map of the year, it's a New Years Eve map.

From duke2013.txt
======================================================================

Title : Duke Nukem 2013
Release date : December 31, 2012
Filename : DUKE2013.MAP
Authors : Artem "CK Games" Nevinchanny
: Maxim "Lezing" Chinyakin
: Zykov Eddy
Description : Duke Nukem is going to repel the alien
invasion on a New Year's Eve.
Additional Credits To : VinsaneOne for custom Duke phrases

======================================================================

This post has been edited by Drek: 31 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

User is online   ck3D 

excellent timing, thank you so much ! i just started a winter themed map myself with the intention of finishing and releasing it in the next couple of days (not sure i will actually have the time and devotion to actually finish it though), so seeing another 'surprise' map in the meantime felt exactly like the kind of late christmas present i was going for. i will play this soon enough ! and happy new year

This post has been edited by ck3D: 31 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Oh guys, forgot to tell you something.

Don't kill little pig cops, they're good guys! :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'll give this a go asap, I've been really busy lately. Just a pointer, in the first shot you've got a polymer spotlight that's obviously being cast by the television, but it's just a plain old white light! Why not make it cast an animated projection of what's actually on the TV? Just give the SE's owner the value of the animated tile.

User is offline   Oook 

Very nice, fast and with cool weapons. Luckily I managed to make the boss stuck with a bank :)

User is offline   Kyanos 

Good times. I liked the music, and the little pig cops are so cute :)

Happy New Year! Thanks for this.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Great job guys, and I liked where you put the new lines too! Nice way to bring in the New Year!

User is offline   faked 

Zykov Eddy,you are a real sweetheart! This makes for a perfect 2013 game playing.Thanks!Actually,thanks to all of you.

This post has been edited by grouchbag: 31 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Very nice map, very sweet. Glad to see Vinny continuing to get voice gigs with other projects too. Hilarious lines.

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I loved every minute of this mod :) I also really like the music and Vinnys lines are awesome :)

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year!!

This post has been edited by Wesker500: 01 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Ok just finished it, and it's a nice little map. The Duke quotes were too quiet to hear properly though Posted Image
I loved all the little design homages to L.A meltdown. Gameplay, architecture, and texturing were all strong. Architecture isn't anything revolutionary but what what's there is solid and exactly what I suspect you set out to do, make a relative quick, short and shiny map for christmas/the new year and you succeeded. Also, props to whoever did the polymer lighting, it's very simple but very effective; less is more here. It took me 12 minutes and I found both secrets. Good work!

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I am very pleased Posted Image

Merry Christmas and happy New Year folks. =) Thank you guys for playing. I'm really glad that you enjoy this. My praise to Eddy and CK Games for mapping and some nice art. My contribution to this project was mainly at coding and user art (the christmas trees, socks, snow effect & sounds, confetti pigs), as well as some mapping. Note that this release incorporates ExtCLUT as well for additional palettes.

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Great work guys. Always one my favorites Christmas time. :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

played it. pretty fun little map. i like where the last key was hidden, and the minimal amounts of ammo for the heavy artillery made the boss fight more enjoyable than the usual beat down given out to those foes. I liked the ambiance; especially outside. The only gripes i can muster are some cramped indoor locations and that map is too short 'cause i was having a nice time with the very balanced fire fights and looking at the eye candy.

User is online   ck3D 

just played this, very nice little level. to me it had the same kind of feel as a duke carribean level, except winter / christmas-themed (so basically, what nuclear winter should have been). the new art all fit perfectly, and some of those locations, while fairly simple, had well thought-out layout and design, my favorite place in the entire map was the breakfast club, such an original duke feel, and immersive. the gameplay was also really straightforward, so playing the map was a breath of fresh air, for figuring out where to go next was not as complex as it has become in most modern maps, solving this one was a true walk in the park. only things I didn't really like were the overall crampedness (even outdoors, ie. that first street section compared to its original source of inspiration... hollywood holocaust was a lot more open, which in my opinion made for a better play), and how many sprites were blocked in the last street section, ie. those plants (i know they are hard-coded, but still... you could have copied the tile into an empty slot in the new art file, or something), the lightpoles, i think i encountered a few invisible walls too, which pretty much ruined the boss fight for me, managing to run away from the boss without getting stuck against something was more tedious than it should have been and most importantly, the boss itself was really easy to take down because it was getting stuck everywhere too (i got him behind a lightpole and a bench and he couldn't even move out of his little sector anymore, so i could rpg / devastator / freezer him to death in seconds after that). it is a minor complaint but just thought i would report it because that last street looked cool as a final arena and had more potential than that. anyway, thanks so much for this little present. a nice feelgood map with a lot of replay value i bet !

This post has been edited by ck3D: 01 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostWesker500, on 01 January 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

I loved every minute of this mod :) I also really like the music and Vinnys lines are awesome :)

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year!!

Thank you! BTW, there were a few lines that were not included in the map so before this topic goes dead along with the Holiday spirit,
here's the entire set of lines...enjoy and hope everyone had a fine holiday!

User is online   ck3D 

View PostVinsaneOne, on 01 January 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Thank you! BTW, there were a few lines that were not included in the map so before this topic goes dead along with the Holiday spirit,
here's the entire set of lines...enjoy and hope everyone had a fine holiday!

'i checked it twice... you're on my shit list.'

that one had me rolling, i played it back ten times in a row. stupid but so funny.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 01 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Weird, the included EDuke32 version doesn't work: it doesn't even go to the setup screen.

Hm.. The included version was downloaded from Dukeworld at the same day and it works fine for me :)
I would recommend to try different version.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 02 January 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

Weird, the included EDuke32 version doesn't work: it doesn't even go to the setup screen.

didn't work for me either. i ended up downloading r3351, then the game wouldn't launch past the setup screen boot cycle because of con file problems. ended up extracting the grp into a clean folder and playing it that way. (i think you can drop the grp into a clean autoload folder and selecting use autoload folder during the setup screen and it should launch that way unless i'm mistaken on how that works, but i didn't mess with it - just went for what i know would work)

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Gotta make a clean folder - again. I snatched an older EDuke32 version, which took me to the setup screen but after that it complained about eduke32.con errors and when I told it to use internal defaults it complained about a missing duke3d.grp, which makes no sense.

Edit: It seems that Forge had the exact same problem.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 02 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Mikko, download the latest version here http://www.eduke32.com/ Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

View PostCK games, on 02 January 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

...download the latest version...

that was not the fix for me. r3351 was the latest at the time i played it.

a possibility is there's something conflicting with the included cons and the resident default cons since the game can't properly identify/locate the grp. maybe pull the included cons out of the grp, rename them and extend the bat command line (simialr to how EZs aliens tc minimod was setup)

edit: After further review -

it is exactly as i said. if you bought the game back when dinosaurs roamed the earth (like me and mikko) then you have default defs, game, & user cons outside the duke3d.grp file. renaming the game & user cons fixes the conflicts and the map launches without a hitch or error. I suggest editing your bat file to locate and temporarily rename those loose cons.

This post has been edited by Forge: 02 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Nice stuff. Good to have a christmas-themed release again thislast year.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options