Duke4.net Forums: Your dying wish - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your dying wish  "A fantasy"

User is offline   Hank 

I was visited by a group of religious peeps, so my mind was wondering:
What would we do, if we knew for sure the world will end?

We would hop on a plane to Japan and check into a hotel. Then I would take up Sky Diving. She loves scuba diving. So I am going up, jump and find her in the ocean. Even if the jump kills me, I would be dead soon anyway, a few days sooner, who cares. Posted Image

What would you do if the knew for sure The End is Near?

If a similar topic had been started please link to it, I found none.Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 07 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostHank, on 06 December 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

What would we do, if we knew for sure the world will end 21. December 2012

We don't.
End of topic.

Edit: If I knew the world would end on 21 December 2012, I would probably jump on the highway and go as fast in my car as I possibly can until I get caught.

This post has been edited by Achenar: 06 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostAchenar, on 06 December 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

We don't.
End of topic.

Read the topic's description - a fantasy Posted Image

User is offline   Ronin 

Do you mean completely end or just most of it get wrecked like what happened a few times before?

If it was going to completely end I would try to get somewhere high like a mountain top and just watch it happen with a bottle of whiskey and whoever wants to join me.

If it was civilization ending events where I might have a chance I would take some outdoor gear, a rucksack, tin opener, a few Zippo lighters, some canned goods like tuna and beans, a survival book some vitamins, a decent sword and dagger, my dog, my girlfriend and any of my family who would come (my brother is the kind of guy you want around in an apocalypse) and head for isolated high ground.

Like this I might stand a chance against a freak wave cause by a meteor or the chaos that might happen if the grid went down and law and order broke down with everybody out for themselves.

I imagine I would then try my best to survive like a ninja in the woods until I meet like minded people who would band together so we could start this crap again.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 06 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

I honestly don't think I'd do anything out of the ordinary. Maybe skip work, but that's about it. :P

User is offline   Hank 

View PostRonan, on 06 December 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

Do you mean completely end or just most of it get wrecked like what happened a few times before?

When I talked to that man of faith, it triggered my fantasy, it's that simple.
As far as I am concerned there are no specifics. What ever scenario works for you.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostHank, on 06 December 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

I was visited by a group of religious peeps.....

First thing that i thought of when you said peeps was this...
Posted Image

Anyway, if i knew the world was going to end..... i would find a nice warm beach, some beer and a towel, then lay there waiting for the end. I figure there isn't much i could do to stop the complete destruction of Earth anyway so might as-well enjoy my last few hours of life.

You can eat them too?

View Postrasmus thorup, on 06 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

You can eat them too?

Yes... i believe puffed sugar coated by sugar with sugar dot eyes is edible.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostRonan, on 06 December 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I imagine I would then try my best to survive like a ninja in the woods until I meet like minded people who would band together so we could start this crap again.

Same here, I'm less than a km from some crazy caves full of natural springs. I hope shit hits the fan and I get a shot at survival. I'm ready for a fight, cause regardless of 2012 bullshit, global warming or planet X, our fucked up society is, as always, really close to toppling.

User is offline   Kathy 

nothing

View PostReaperMan, on 06 December 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

i would find a nice warm beach

In December? Are you from one of those countries where it's summer right now? :P

View PostDrek, on 06 December 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Same here, I'm less than a km from some crazy caves full of natural springs. I hope shit hits the fan and I get a shot at survival. I'm ready for a fight, cause regardless of 2012 bullshit, global warming or planet X, our fucked up society is, as always, really close to toppling.

How is a cave going to help you if another planet collides with ours? :P (which won't happen but I'm just sayin')

View PostSangman, on 06 December 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

In December? Are you from one of those countries where it's summer right now? :P

No, but ill find away to get to one.

Strangely, my upcoming hospital appointment is around the time the world is meant to end on the 21st... Don't know if that's an omen or not.

If scientists came out right now and said "Ok, you know how we thought space was black? Well, it ain't, that's a big black rock that's heading for us and we're all gonna die!!!", I'm not sure what I would do, given that I think the idea is BS (Shall elaborate shortly) I haven't given it too much thought. I think the first thing I'd do is write to Mythbusters and get them to test it :P

With so much advanced warning, I'd have a lot I could do whilst waiting for the world to end, I suppose I'd;
> Spend a lot of time with my family.
> Probably do anti-social things I've always wanted to do (such as lighting a fire in the city centre and yelling insults).
> Find a woman to f**k, even if she was disgusting and had already done everyone else, wouldn't matter by then.
> If there was any chance of survival, evaluate what this might mean, no point surviving if the world is going to be an atomic wasteland.
> Try every drug I could get my hands on, because I may as well have some fun, get so high I don't know what's going on and die laughing (or dancing, or trying to hump everything, or talking to little green men depending on what I'd taken.)

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the idea was nonsense even by the Myan's say so, because they had predicted "the end of an age" as opposed to "the end of the world", but that isn't the point of the thread an I have no desire to derail it.

View PostHigh Treason, on 06 December 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

> Find a woman to f**k, even if she was disgusting and had already done everyone else, wouldn't matter by then.

Probably what most would do. I have no desire in that direction and that is why when the time comes I will be spared and I will transcend into a Starchild-like form.

User is online   Mark 

Pretty boring but, I would ask my God for forgiveness and spend the last few days with my family. The world would be in such turmoil I don't think much else could be done. Looting, raping and pillaging would be rampant.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostReaperMan, on 06 December 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

First thing that i thought of when you said peeps was this...

Junk Food? Shocking Posted Image

I shall upgrade my vocabulary Posted Image

@ Mark. - nothing is boring - actually it never occurred to me that chaos would be a factor, all the more invigorating - yes, I am a sick puppy Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

World wont end.

Government on news said world end thing wont happen.

Possible end can happen is end for deep religious people committing mass suicide.
Like Heaven's gate cult end of the world was when Halebope came and they committed mass suicide, comet did not destroy Earth.
Then in the 1978 Peoples temple mass suicide was their end.
And again even if >100,000,000 sites says world will end. wont convince me until it happens which wont LOL.
Only end our world will face in longterm is humanity destroying themselves.

That 12-21-12 nonsense doesn't scare me.
I'd be more afraid of touching bare electrical wires than the 12-21-12 nonsense.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 06 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

What if it's atomic? Some kind of nucular fallout from nucular weapons?

Russia and America are still the only two countries in the world that could litterally end the world...and the two nations seem at peace. So I doubt it would be nucular.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostZaxtor, on 06 December 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

That 12-21-12 nonsense doesn't scare me.
I'd be more afraid of touching bare electrical wires than the 12-21-12 nonsense.

How do you come up with those woopingly arguments ? Posted Image

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Some people lack the imaginative skills necessary to respond to this thread intelligently....

If I *knew* the world was going to end (or, I suppose the better would be "if I *believed* that the world was going to end" but let's go with "know" rather than "believe"), I think I'd do a lot of what Mark said. I'd probably spend more time with people I care about and finish up some unfinished business if possible. I know for sure that I'd quit school, stop working on papers, and spend the time doing what I enjoy most with the people I enjoy the most.*

*This is not to say that I don't enjoy school, because I do enjoy my studies, but I think if there is no point in working towards an end that is unachievable in the time left, why do it? Some things are ends in themselves (people) where many things are just means to an end (school to a degree for a job).

I have to admit, I was somewhat amused by;

View PostZaxtor, on 06 December 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Government on news said world end thing wont happen.

But then, I'm not inclined to believe anything the government says. Much as I don't believe the end of the world stuff, I'm still not ruling out being exterminated by aliens.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I would find where ground zero is supposed to occur for the disaster and make my way there. If I'm going to die, might as well make it quick and painless instead of lingering around starving to death with everyone and everything else (caused by a nuclear winter from comet strike/nuclear strike - or- everything on the surface burning up from an extreme solar ejection/gamma ray burst)

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostSangman, on 06 December 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Probably what most would do. I have no desire in that direction and that is why when the time comes I will be spared and I will transcend into a Starchild-like form.

Scrap "nothing", I'll travel to Belgium and seduce you.

User is offline   Lunick 

If the world WAS going to end?

Announce my deep love for Green. and Micky

This post has been edited by Lunick: 07 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostHigh Treason, on 06 December 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

But then, I'm not inclined to believe anything the government says.

That's interesting. I know a lot of skeptics like you. So let me ask you something that I've wanted to ask them:

If you knew or believed something to be true, then the government came out and basically repeated that same fact, would you now believe it to be false because government said it was true?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I'd draw my bank account empty and spend all of it on prostitutes (although it's doubtful they'd be selling at that particular time).

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostBlue Lightning, on 06 December 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

What if it's atomic? Some kind of nucular fallout from nucular weapons?

Russia and America are still the only two countries in the world that could literally end the world...and the two nations seem at peace. So I doubt it would be nucular.

Err, no. We're not the only two anymore. Many European nations have the capacity, and so does China.

Also, don't let political status quo blind you. Things change for the worst in world politics with very little forewarning.

View PostHigh Treason, on 06 December 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

But then, I'm not inclined to believe anything the government says. Much as I don't believe the end of the world stuff, I'm still not ruling out being exterminated by aliens.

It's all bullshit, and anyone who has done their thorough research into the Mayan nonsense in particular will know that December 2012 will come and go without incident. Well, except for idiots who have diluted themselves into buying into it who might mess themselves up, vandalize or kill themselves.

But, for the sake of fantasy. I would contact all my friends and family, tell them I love them, and then wait for the end. Probably with a lot of crying, puking, and being curled into a ball.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 December 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

Err, no. We're not the only two anymore. Many European nations have the capacity, and so does China.

Not true. Europe, although they do have the delivery systems to reach most places in the world, dont have enough warheads to blow up the world.

China has the warheads but no good way to carry them. They can do better than they could in the 80's when they could deliver them only by way of donkey, but the delivery systems they have now are not exactly long range enough.

However, Russia has a system that can easily blow up the world about 14 times over, as does America. Both countires have had this missle system in place since the 1960's. Realistically, it is only Russia and America that could bring sudden armagedon to the world, on the 21st.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 December 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

Also, don't let political status quo blind you. Things change for the worst in world politics with very little forewarning.

Well anything is possible sure, but damn unlikley. It almost happend in 1962, when the doomsday clock was set at 11:55 (I think). The whole world, for 13 days, watched Russia and America at the brink of nucular war during the Cuban missle crisis. Both countries came too close...and learned from it. It is too unlikley to happen now.

Besides, Russia and America have a peaceful relationship these days. In fact if you live in westren Alaska, you can even see Russia from your house!

This post has been edited by Blue Lightning: 07 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/733162.stm
https://www.fas.org/...nukestatus.html

UK and France(or "Europe") have more warheads than China.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options